Sarnia Sting 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim1579

Feb 10, 2015
Or the picks in the return were real good
Well we gave up a 4th for him I believe. So return better be more then that. Also if trying to stock up for next year, you just gave up a piece of the puzzle! Also would be a good overage forward, as he has a couple years left.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Curious to see the return on Tabak....this doesn’t really make to much sense.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
If he didn't request a trade then i am completely baffled. He has taken a massive step & has produced way better than expected. He works hatd, physical & is only getting better... What the actual f***

Reactions: Jim1579

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
All I can think of is the potential of Tabak as a 19/20 year old. If he is progressing this quickly already then the next two years for him would be huge. These picks coming back better be good....

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
All I can think of is the potential of Tabak as a 19/20 year old. If he is progressing this quickly already then the next two years for him would be huge. These picks coming back better be good....
Exactly! He is gonna be at least a 60 point player next season. Tie it in with his size & how well his skating, work ethic has improved. If he didn't request a move i will be furious. This makes no sense. At all

I think it's almost a guarantee we add something before the deadline now. Whether that's Robertson or something else.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Is it full unload time for you guys?
Will we see McGregor and Josling get traded also?

Jim1579

Feb 10, 2015
I wouldn't be surprised he asked for a trade.
Was getting good minutes.... penalty kill as well as power play time. Not to mention had some play on the top line recently!! This trade makes 0 sense for the Sting!!

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
Was getting good minutes.... penalty kill as well as power play time. Not to mention had some play on the top line recently!! This trade makes 0 sense for the Sting!!
Unless the go-for-it year has been pushed back one or 2 years.
If Rees is unloaded, it will be a 2-year wait centered around Perreault and Gaudreau.

Jim1579

Feb 10, 2015
Unless the go-for-it year has been pushed back one or 2 years.
If Rees is unloaded, it will be a 2-year wait centered around Perreault and Gaudreau.
He would be and good 20 year old in that year. He still has 2 years remaining in the O

cub

Apr 11, 2012

He asked for trade last year, Barrie could be where he wanted to go last year but was traded too Sarnia. Don't take this a diss to Sarnia, just getting bad advice from his representatives.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Looking at are draft board now

2020) 2nd (wsr), 3rd, no 4th, all picks 5th - 15th

2021) 2nd (ER), 3rd, no 4th, all picks except 13th.. We have Two 9ths & Two 11ths.

2022) 2nd, no 3rd, 4th, 5th (OSH), *5th (Grima NB), all picks. We have two 11ths.

2023) no 2nd, 3rd, no 4th, no 5th. All are picks after with two 8ths

2024) We have all are picks except the 3rd (KIT) is Conditional on Kooy. So is it Back as OA? Dependent on being in OSH as OA?

2025) No 2nd but have everything else

So not bad except for 2023 which is rough. Still would like extra 2nds/3rd which is what LDN/WSR/KIT have an abundance of.

2025-2nd* currently held by NB based on OA season I believe; it should belong to Sarnia.

Sting Fire

Aug 31, 2008
Hockeyland
Sarnia Sting General Manager Nick Sinclair announced today that the team has completed a trade with Barrie which sees third year forward Anthony Tabak head to the Colts. In exchange, the Sting with receive a 3rd round pick in 2022 (Erie), a 4th round pick in 2021 (Barrie), and a 5th round selection in 2021 (Barrie).

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
I'm gonna go on the assumption Tabak wanted out. Whether that's because he wanted to be closer to home or just didn't like coaching..

Considering Sarnia gave up two 4ths, one of which being conditional we like Kooy get more in return than we gave up. But i woulda liked a conditional 2nd for point production when he is 19or20.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
You know who'd be nice right now with Tabak gone & potentially McGregor or Josling moved? Berka. With Tabak out the Bottom-6 lacks skill & speed BIGTIME.

Mack-Hill-Guy
Saye-O'Donnell-Burke

Jason M

Nov 13, 2019
I'm gonna go on the assumption Tabak wanted out. Whether that's because he wanted to be closer to home or just didn't like coaching..

Considering Sarnia gave up two 4ths, one of which being conditional we like Kooy get more in return than we gave up. But i woulda liked a conditional 2nd for point production when he is 19or20.
I like both trades we are finally starting to stock up on some picks but I’d like to see are next move be to help are defence

Reactions: robp1219

massey

Sep 5, 2012
I like both trades we are finally starting to stock up on some picks but I’d like to see are next move be to help are defence

Not sure how u can like the Tabac trade.Picks do nothing until executed and then see what u got in return.has been one the best players nightly with even more potential in the next few years.If he wanted a trade then shame on the Sting or does it tell us whats going on behind closed doors.

bobbygore

Jun 27, 2011
Not sure how u can like the Tabac trade.Picks do nothing until executed and then see what u got in return.has been one the best players nightly with even more potential in the next few years.If he wanted a trade then shame on the Sting or does it tell us whats going on behind closed doors.
Must’ve wanted out because the coach kept him
on the ice too much ..... Not everything is the organization’s fault . The knee jerk reaction by the fans is to blame everything they don’t like on the team . Parents and agents and the kids themselves can also be difficult .

Reactions: Lumberking

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
I’m sorry but I don’t buy the closer to home thing. It’s an hour difference between us and Barrie.

This 100% is a matter of not wanting to play for the bone head behind the bench.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
I’m sorry but I don’t buy the closer to home thing. It’s an hour difference between us and Barrie.

This 100% is a matter of not wanting to play for the bone head behind the bench.
You could be right but who knows. Maybe his agent/parents thought he should be playing more so they demanded out.

I'm surprised he'd want out if it was Hatcher solely because how well he is doing. Why mess with such a good thing just cause u don't like him? Hopefully we can get some clarity from Tabak cause we know it won't come from Sarnia's end of things..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad