Sarnia Sting 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Because high sticking is classified as a dirty hit...ok.
Because it automatically isn't dirty if it's high sticking? He was getting a penalty on the play regardless, whether they called charging, boarding, checking from behind, roughing, unsportsmanlike. Could have been any of them. I guess he also got his stick up and so they chose high sticking. But hey, if that's all you have to cheer for this year (your words) I guess you can cheer for dirty hockey.

massey

Sep 5, 2012
You see it all the time because goons like Hatcher try to finish a check even when it's not there. Because they don't care. Intent to injure. Hence the penalty.

Not sure why you are so upset. He gave your team lots of PP opportunities, he probably chased a few players and got caught out of position and gave up some odd men rushes. Sounds like a good player to have on your opposing team.(Oh ya were stuck with his dad as a coach) You should be happy

Reactions: dansk55

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019

*sigh*

Why is Burke 2C.. Why is Hill sitting.. Why is Kooy's first start in nearly 2 months vs an elite team @ at the end of a 3in3.. Why is Jako-Hjorth a thing still..

I will be pleasantly surprised if we don't lose by at least 5 today.

massey

Sep 5, 2012

*sigh*

Why is Burke 2C.. Why is Hill sitting.. Why is Kooy's first start in nearly 2 months vs an elite team @ at the end of a 3in3.. Why is Jako-Hjorth a thing still..

I will be pleasantly surprised if we don't lose by at least 5 today.

Simple.If Kooy comes up with a big win,ups his value for trade bait.if he loses,just another sting game.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Not sure I want to ruin my high from the Canada game and watch this gong show in Saginaw...

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Simple.If Kooy comes up with a big win,ups his value for trade bait.if he loses,just another sting game.
I understand & had he been healthy I'd have 0 issue. Just prefer to give the kid an easier 1st game back lol. Like Owen sound on Friday. So far so good tho. Looks sharp.

massey

Sep 5, 2012
I understand & had he been healthy I'd have 0 issue. Just prefer to give the kid an easier 1st game back lol. Like Owen sound on Friday. So far so good tho. Looks sharp.

Next fri to late if they r going to trade him. trade dealine Jan 10th

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
2 shots on goal in the second. This is literally the worse team defense I have ever seen.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
I'll be honest i believed in Hatcher/Legwand as owners. Even partly as coaches for first 3 years. I legitimately thought we finally took that next step as a franchise. I was wrong. dead wrong. Here we are again, at rock bottom.

Incredibly frustrating & honestly depressing. I don't even feel like complaining anymore we just suck & it's only January 5th.

bobbygore

Jun 27, 2011
If only the OHL would disallow owners on the bench....
Knights fans might not be too happy about that policy
Speaking of which congratulations to local boys Dale and Mark for piloting Team Canada to the gold medal this year . They’ve done the region and the country proud !
It’s a crying shame that Mark left the Sting all those years ago after falling out with the Cicarelli’s . Things could have been totally different the last 20 years .

Last edited:

cupcrazyman

Stupid Sexy Flanders
Aug 14, 2006
Leafland
Knights fans might not be too happy about that policy
Speaking of which congratulations to local boys Dale and Mark for piloting Team Canada to the gold medal this year . They’ve done the region and the country proud !
It’s a crying shame that Mark left the Sting all those years ago after falling out with the Cicarelli’s . Things could have been totally different the last 20 years .

I really enjoyed watching the team when Mark was the coach.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
So the question now is do we move the "go for it year" back? Hard to see this team being a contender next season. Do we mold the team around Perreault, Hill, Voit, Dann, Mast, O'Donnell, Gaudreau instead of Rees, Guy, Kammerer, Reesor, Nolet & Langevin?

I'm honestly not sure. I don't see a way we can contend. Not only as a team but in the trade market. We don't have nearly the ammunition WSR, LDN, KIT, FLT have in draft picks. Dealing some of those '01s (especially Rees) would fetch quite alot. On top we will have a top-3 pick this upcoming draft.

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
So the question now is do we move the "go for it year" back? Hard to see this team being a contender next season. Do we mold the team around Perreault, Hill, Voit, Dann, Mast, O'Donnell, Gaudreau instead of Rees, Guy, Kammerer, Reesor, Nolet & Langevin?

I'm honestly not sure. I don't see a way we can contend. Not only as a team but in the trade market. We don't have nearly the ammunition WSR, LDN, KIT, FLT have in draft picks. Dealing some of those '01s (especially Rees) would fetch quite alot. On top we will have a top-3 pick this upcoming draft.
I agree completely. That’s why I threw out the “Rees trade” thing last week. I just don’t see this roster being ready for any big push next year. Right now they are relying so heavily on the OAs for everything... and they’re not around next year.
(sorry Hatcher-haters, he’s far and away this team’s best D-man right now)

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
I just don't understand what changed so fast. Everyone on here thought this team was made for next year. The progression of the players certainly haven't met expectations as of this moment. Obviously the ridiculous amounts of injuries we have had has slowed that down. One thing that cannot be over looked is the coaching, and I think we can all agree that it's been really bad the last 2 years. Look at Kitchener, bottom of the barrel at one point this season, had a few injuries, fired their coach and now they are playing unbeatable hockey it seems. Hatcher and company have lost the players. There is no way in hell that this team should be sitting 10th. Literally no excuse.

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
I just don't understand what changed so fast. Everyone on here thought this team was made for next year. The progression of the players certainly haven't met expectations as of this moment. Obviously the ridiculous amounts of injuries we have had has slowed that down. One thing that cannot be over looked is the coaching, and I think we can all agree that it's been really bad the last 2 years. Look at Kitchener, bottom of the barrel at one point this season, had a few injuries, fired their coach and now they are playing unbeatable hockey it seems. Hatcher and company have lost the players. There is no way in hell that this team should be sitting 10th. Literally no excuse.
Kitchener got their goalie back. Ingham had been injured, but returned and has been stellar. Check his stats!!

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Little update on the Prediction standings as of today...

1. Texcanuck - 23
1. StingUpdates - 23
1. Ferda11 - 23
2. The Howler - 21
3. Lazyboy - 20
4. Tone - 15
5. robp1219 - 12
5. davewheeler - 9

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
Little update on the Prediction standings as of today...

1. Texcanuck - 23
1. StingUpdates - 23
1. Ferda11 - 23
2. The Howler - 21
3. Lazyboy - 20
4. Tone - 15
5. robp1219 - 12
5. davewheeler - 9
Gonna hold off on this week’s predictions until we see who’s still around on Friday. Playing three teams that I’d normally say are very beatable, but who knows??

massey

Sep 5, 2012

Player development has changed my idea for next year.We dont seem to have a coaching staff capable of developing these players. Our rookies havent been getting enough time on ice to develop. Berka,dont understand what he did to @%&$ off Hatcher and gang,The more he played the better he was looking. To watch them coach and not talk to a single player on the bench is disappointing.Lots of other coaching staff on other teams do an awesome job showing and trying to help the player develop. Hatcher rather stand there and complain to the ref. Lack of discipline is showing up with all the stupid penalities and lack of defensive positioning. I know they are kids but the mistakes and give aways should be on the decline this time of the year not increasing. Another rebuild year.LMAO

Reactions: Lenka

davewheeler

Dec 5, 2016
Lol I didn't. There is zero evidence this team will ever be good. Rees reminds me of Carson wentz. sure he's good but who cares if he can't play. I will guarantee this organization will screw up the trade deadline.

dansk55

Jul 30, 2010
Sounds like O’Rourke needs to man up and take the hit instead of trying to dodge it and take a knee. 9 times out of 10, Hatchers hits are solid clean hits. Deal with it.
Gotta disagree. Hatcher lays in waiting just to hit dangerously. He got hurt hitting someone that was actually moving and the same size. And unfortunately, his hits offer the most noise outta a crowd

dansk55

Jul 30, 2010
I agree completely. That’s why I threw out the “Rees trade” thing last week. I just don’t see this roster being ready for any big push next year. Right now they are relying so heavily on the OAs for everything... and they’re not around next year.
(sorry Hatcher-haters, he’s far and away this team’s best D-man right now)
And that is such as sad, but true statement that he is our best d man

Reactions: sbpointer

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
Just did a little fact check, the team is 14-10 when Rees plays the whole game; 1-14 (including OT losses) when he doesn’t start or gets thrown out of the game.
Hard to imagine being so dependent on one player, but he really is a difference-maker.
Trading him would essentially be a commitment to tank.

dansk55

Jul 30, 2010
Just did a little fact check, the team is 14-10 when Rees plays the whole game; 1-14 (including OT losses) when he doesn’t start or gets thrown out of the game.
Hard to imagine being so dependent on one player, but he really is a difference-maker.
Trading him would essentially be a commitment to tank.
so slightly above .500 with him either way

Reactions: davewheeler
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad