Sarnia Sting 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
Robertson is a 2000-born, so anyone acquiring him would get his services for the remainder of this season and next year (as an overager). Owen Sound currently has 7 2000-born players on their roster, 6 of which, could all return as an OA next season, so it makes sense they may try and move 1-2, since they're not currently in playoffs.
Why in the world would this team want to make that move??

Reactions: dansk55 and Jim1579

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
We already have a few 3rd or 4th line type 2000s. Unless this guy’s a stud, he’d just complicate what’s already a mess.

Reactions: Stingland

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
What. Are. We. Doing. The last thing we should do right now is giveaway more draft picks. Had we not given away a 3rd for Kooy we could probably use that to get Robertson.

What I've been saying the last 2 months seems to be happening. Only 2or3 teams need OAs so the market for McGregor/Josling is almost non existent outside of those teams.

I could see us package Kooy & Bitten to like Sudbury. Right about now it might be the only way for us to get any return.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Nolan Dann with a hat-trick the other night! Up to 16 goals in 34 games. Gotta think we see him up by the end of the year.

Reactions: robp1219

Jason M

Nov 13, 2019
Well done GM Sinclair!

Kooy to Oshawa

In return
2nd (Wsr) '20, 5th (OSH) '22 & conditional 3rd (KIT) '24
Well done in deed hopefully there are more deals coming maybe we can use some of those picks to help are D

Jaycro

Sep 12, 2016
Kooy's stats with Sarnia are not good but take a close look at your team defence! Might be part of the problem? Trading MacLean tomorrow will recoup some of the payment to Sarnia.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Kooy's stats with Sarnia are not good but take a close look at your team defence! Might be part of the problem? Trading MacLean tomorrow will recoup some of the payment to Sarnia.
No need to tell us about are defence hahah. Trust me, we all know. We are just surprised considering we gave up a conditional 3rd for Kooy & he has been hurt 80% of the time here & we got Back that 3rd + a 2nd & 5th!

Reactions: sbpointer

jwalk

Mar 25, 2006
AJAX
Well done GM Sinclair!

Kooy to Oshawa

In return
2nd (Wsr) '20, 5th (OSH) '22 & conditional 3rd (KIT) '24

Wow! Nice haul especially given the fact that Kooy barely played for the Sting . And imagine we had certain London fans chirping that the Sting has done a lousy deal when he was aquired .......... Very likely the Sting get the conditional 3rd from Oshawa if they have to pay their’s to London - so basically the Sting get a 2nd and a 5th for claiming a guy off waivers and flipping him .

Hopefully there will be a few more of these kind of deals restocking the draft cupboard in the next few days .

Last edited:

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
If we could deal one of the OAs for two 2nds & maybe a conditional pick of some sort I'd be pretty happy. That would make 3 2nds, 3rd, 5th + whatever another pick.

Best thing is now Gaudreau can start getting consistent starts. He needs it to develop. Should start Saturday in Hamilton.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Looking at are draft board now

2020) 2nd (wsr), 3rd, no 4th, all picks 5th - 15th

2021) 2nd (ER), 3rd, no 4th, all picks except 13th.. We have Two 9ths & Two 11ths.

2022) 2nd, no 3rd, 4th, 5th (OSH), *5th (Grima NB), all picks. We have two 11ths.

2023) no 2nd, 3rd, no 4th, no 5th. All are picks after with two 8ths

2024) We have all are picks except the 3rd (KIT) is Conditional on Kooy. So is it Back as OA? Dependent on being in OSH as OA?

2025) No 2nd but have everything else

So not bad except for 2023 which is rough. Still would like extra 2nds/3rd which is what LDN/WSR/KIT have an abundance of.

jwalk

Mar 25, 2006
AJAX
If we could deal one of the OAs for two 2nds & maybe a conditional pick of some sort I'd be pretty happy. That would make 3 2nds, 3rd, 5th + whatever another pick.

Best thing is now Gaudreau can start getting consistent starts. He needs it to develop. Should start Saturday in Hamilton.
I agree . The hybrid approach of restocking the cupboard while still trying to get in the playoffs this year may end up being the default option anyways.
Even if Sinclair can swing deals for the remaining OA’s they would still have to agree to waive their No trades which could be an issue .
If they could also get a couple more 2nd rounders by moving one of the OA’s overall that would be a nice restocking job .
This team is also very streaky . If they got all their players back from injury and only lost one OA at the deadline they might be able to get into the playoffs and make some noise .
I would also start putting Gaudreau a lot more now . He needs development time and they have nothing to lose .

cupcrazyman

Stupid Sexy Flanders
Aug 14, 2006
Leafland
Looking at are draft board now

2020) 2nd (wsr), 3rd, no 4th, all picks 5th - 15th

2021) 2nd (ER), 3rd, no 4th, all picks except 13th.. We have Two 9ths & Two 11ths.

2022) 2nd, no 3rd, 4th, 5th (OSH), *5th (Grima NB), all picks. We have two 11ths.

2023) no 2nd, 3rd, no 4th, no 5th. All are picks after with two 8ths

2024) We have all are picks except the 3rd (KIT) is Conditional on Kooy. So is it Back as OA? Dependent on being in OSH as OA?

2025) No 2nd but have everything else

So not bad except for 2023 which is rough. Still would like extra 2nds/3rd which is what LDN/WSR/KIT have an abundance of.

Thanks for posting the draft picks.At least we have 3picks in the top 3 rounds of the next 2 drafts.The fact that some flyers signed with the team & we also have a few from this years draft that can step right onto the roster next year.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
I do wonder with Insiders saying we have interest in Robertson if we flip any of the picks we just got for Kooy into a deal for Robertson. I sort of hope not but something i could see.

If not i do like how we are after a 2000 born Dman. Tells you Sinclair isn't oblivious to what are issue is. So even if we don't get Robertson look for us to try & add one in the summer.

Last edited:

dansk55

Jul 30, 2010
I agree . The hybrid approach of restocking the cupboard while still trying to get in the playoffs this year may end up being the default option anyways.
Even if Sinclair can swing deals for the remaining OA’s they would still have to agree to waive their No trades which could be an issue .
If they could also get a couple more 2nd rounders by moving one of the OA’s overall that would be a nice restocking job .
This team is also very streaky . If they got all their players back from injury and only lost one OA at the deadline they might be able to get into the playoffs and make some noise .
I would also start putting Gaudreau a lot more now . He needs development time and they have nothing to lose .
OA's sign a new contract after their four years. No trade clause is probably not included.. We need players. Players, not picks win titles. Of course present team excepted.

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
OA's sign a new contract after their four years. No trade clause is probably not included.. We need players. Players, not picks win titles. Of course present team excepted.
Picks buy players when you’re making a run. Bad years like this are when you accumulate picks by unloading players. I hope to see at least 2 more players leave town and get 2nds & 3rds in return.

jwalk

Mar 25, 2006
AJAX
The teams that are going for it by trading for an upgrade OA aren’t very likely to be trading away any good players . They are trying to accumulate them . The standard currency in these kind of deals are draft picks .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad