Sarnia Sting 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Huge win. Gaudreau was awesome! 41/44 & stops all 3 in the shootout. I'd go right back to him tomorrow. When he is on his game he is so so so good. Just turned 17 today, too!

Stratis with some big plays in OT on defense. Another solid day for him. Nolet better be back in tomorrow.

See if this gets us rolling in the right direction.

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
Holy s**t, we won a hockey game.
Yeah... tried to give it away but Gaudreau wouldn’t buy in!!
Start him in Erie.
As a matter of fact, now that we’re down to 2 goalies, I hope they go play-til-you-lose.

bobbygore

Jun 27, 2011
Huge win. Gaudreau was awesome! 41/44 & stops all 3 in the shootout. I'd go right back to him tomorrow. When he is on his game he is so so so good. Just turned 17 today, too!

Stratis with some big plays in OT on defense. Another solid day for him. Nolet better be back in tomorrow.

See if this gets us rolling in the right direction.
I agree . Would play Gaudreau tomorrow. Now's the time to give the kid a baptism of fire. He's going to be the key player for the franchise in the next couple of years so it would make a lot of sense to play him.
Really like Stratis. Smart player and he seems to settle things down on the defensive side. We need more of this. Kudos to Sinclair for picking this guy up for a fourth rounder. He's already our smartest defenceman.

massey

Sep 5, 2012
I really like Stratis game.I realize it's only a few games but He looks good.He even hustle back to his own end and picks up a man.He will soon be broke of that terrible habit.lol

Voit and Burke looking good.They are finally getting some ice time to prove it rather than a few shifts. Hopefully coaches will roll with the 4 lines and give the rookies the ice time required to develop.

Reactions: Texcanuck

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
I agree . Would play Gaudreau tomorrow. Now's the time to give the kid a baptism of fire. He's going to be the key player for the franchise in the next couple of years so it would make a lot of sense to play him.
Really like Stratis. Smart player and he seems to settle things down on the defensive side. We need more of this. Kudos to Sinclair for picking this guy up for a fourth rounder. He's already our smartest defenceman.
Him and reesor (when he gets back) will make the defence so much better in own end

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
I've been a defender of Hjorth's but his recent play has been ugly. Looks like he has lost some confidence. Isn't trying anything with the puck.

With Stratis taking over on PP1 his production will fall off, too.. Not sure what to do with him.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Looking ahead to next year (ik it's early) defensively we should be quite good..

On defence we will have 7 returnees
Stratis-Nolet
Reesor-Hjorth
Mast-Kammerer
Dillingham

In net i am quite confident in a Langevin/Gaudreau tandem. Both have performed very well for how bad we've been in are own end.

Up front we have 3 really good Fs in Rees/Roth/Perreault. Some young talent in Dann, Voit, Burke, O'Donnell + i imagine we use are Top-5 OHL pick & Top-10 import picks on forwards.

Reactions: Jay86 and robp1219

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
I've been a defender of Hjorth's but his recent play has been ugly. Looks like he has lost some confidence. Isn't trying anything with the puck.

With Stratis taking over on PP1 his production will fall off, too.. Not sure what to do with him.
I’ve kinda been on his case since Day 1. I think he’s been told to keep it simple, and is trying to adapt to that. The no-look drop pass giveaways were killing the team.
His quickness and decision making need to improve. I’m more than willing to be patient, but expect improvement in a more limited role for the rest of the year

massey

Sep 5, 2012

Hjorth looks like his body is growing quicker than his skills can keep up with.His skating and puck movement looks a bit clumsy.Kids his size tend to go through this growth spurt.Hopefully his confidence improves as his skating catches up.He is making bad choices in puck movement.I think we need to be patient because he has the size and shot to be a good dman

Dont understand sitting Nolet unless he asked for it. He has been the best by far and that move made no sense and deserves better.Maybe that why we have lost 2 players so far.

Reactions: dansk55

davewheeler

Dec 5, 2016
Gaudreau looks like a stud.... hope he gets more starts down the stretch.... why not give him the #1 job and let him run with it.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Langevin going today. I woulda went back to Gaudreau but can't be to bothered by it. Massive game. 6 back of OS/SSM/ER. Win we are only down 4 & a loss would make it 8.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Langevin going today. I woulda went back to Gaudreau but can't be to bothered by it. Massive game. 6 back of OS/SSM/ER. Win we are only down 4 & a loss would make it 8.

SSM and OS losing right now too. Need them to lose.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Hatcher move the damn puck!!! 3rd time today he has tried to do way to much & turned it over. Now it costs us a big goal.

Reactions: dansk55

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Well that was ugly. We spent almost no time in Erie's end. Not sure why we seemed so flat early. Understandably tired late.

One thing i have an issue with is in that article the other day they said they wanna play the young kids alot. So today O'Donnell came out for 19 yr old Dman Jakovljevic?? 0 logic.

Gaudreau looked good in relief. He should start Friday & if he plays well again Saturday. Wasn't on Langevin today. We looked sluggish & a couple flukey goals went in.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
After this weekend, 2-16 with Rees out.
(even he couldn’t have saved today)
There shouldn't be that big of a difference. He is probably are best player but him playing or not playing shouldn't change us from near home seed to bottom-5 team..

Certain guys have been really disappointing since he has gone out for the 2nd time. Another reason why we should have sold off McGregor/Josling.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Need Rees and Reesor back this coming weekend or playoffs are going to be too far out of reach.

Reactions: robp1219

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
Need Rees and Reesor back this coming weekend or playoffs are going to be too far out of reach.
Might already be, with the Erie loss. There are too many stacked teams in the conference now, who I don’t believe we have much of a chance to beat. Kitchener, London, Windsor are all much better than us, and we’ve barely played them yet this year.
I only see about 9 or 10 more wins in the remaining schedule (26 games). I hope they prove me wrong but I think we’re going to have to be satisfied with seeing improvement among the young guys over the remainder of the year.
Anything less than 2 wins this weekend will really seal the deal

davewheeler

Dec 5, 2016
I wonder what the return would have been for a Rees trade. Also, McGregor and Josling..... We could have stacked the second third and fourth round picks for the future rather than hang onto a guy who can't get into the lineup and two guys who won't be around next year. Anyone who watched the interview with Sarnia's trainer should be concerned as Rees is always hurt and working with her. Rees is dynamic when he is in the lineup but through 3 years has only played about 59% of games.

massey

Sep 5, 2012
I wonder what the return would have been for a Rees trade. Also, McGregor and Josling..... We could have stacked the second third and fourth round picks for the future rather than hang onto a guy who can't get into the lineup and two guys who won't be around next year. Anyone who watched the interview with Sarnia's trainer should be concerned as Rees is always hurt and working with her. Rees is dynamic when he is in the lineup but through 3 years has only played about 59% of games.

So what makes you think another GM would want to buck up for him if he is always injuried. If we were going to just give him away at give away values then we made the right desicion. I agree that not getting rid of Josling and McGregor makes no sense.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Rees was well on his way to putting up 90+ Points. We probably would have gotten a similar return to what Niagara got for Tomasino. Maybe with more conditionals because of the uncertainty of him staying healthy.

Where did you see the interview with the trainer? Saying anytning else that was interesting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad