Sarnia Sting 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cupcrazyman

Stupid Sexy Flanders
Aug 14, 2006
Leafland
Insiders saying the Islanders are returning Bode Wild to Saginaw...unreal.....hey, remember when any NHL team ever sent us back a player after time like this? ya me either. :(

Remember the good ol' days when nobody from the Sting got drafted lol

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Sarnia deserves that win. They played fantastic in all areas. Burke was great...Voit was amazing...the defence looked great...if it wasn’t for bad luck the sting would have none at all. Just baffled

Reactions: The Howler

davewheeler

Dec 5, 2016
ahh yes .... the sting are now 8 points out of a playoff spot.... thankfully it is still very early in the season.

davewheeler

Dec 5, 2016
Sarnia deserves that win. They played fantastic in all areas. Burke was great...Voit was amazing...the defence looked great...if it wasn’t for bad luck the sting would have none at all. Just baffled
Came out great.... Oshawa just hung around and stole one.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Wow. Definition of a heartbreaker. Sarnia played a great game. Top-6 were buzzing all night, Bitten line had good possession & the D actually looked good.. Langevin who has been are best guy for a month costs us. Sums up the season honestly.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Liked what i saw from Stratis. Moves it well, skates well & has a solid shot. Liked him on the PP, not sure how we didnt pocket 1or2 on it. Got so many good looks.

Voit finding his groove! 3 more points. Such great vision with the puck. I'd also say that was Burke's best game in his career. He looked good. Hopefully he can keep it up.

Onto Hamilton i guess.

Last edited:

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017

I don't think making a brutal pass onto the other teams tape for an empty net is bad luck. That's bad hockey

Reactions: dansk55

Maddangler

Nov 25, 2018

Really hoping the lad learns something from this. God knows he's done more good than bad by a wide margin this season. Going 0 for 6 on the pp isn't what I would call fantastic in all areas. Much better effort overall. Keep it going forward lads.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
We are at game 40 & its happened twice so it is more unfortunate than anything. He just whiffed on it. It happens. It just really, really sucks it happened with under a min left in a 3-3 game..

Nolet continues his great play. IMO are best Dman this season. Rarely screws up & has 14 Pts, +9 in 35 games. I'd love to see him be even more aggressive offensively. Such a great skater & passer.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Sting lose to Generals after staying quiet at trade deadline

This whole article pissed me right off. Like holy sh*t.

Problem 1~ "The Sarnia Sting general manager wanted to recoup some draft picks without damaging the team’s post-season chances"

Problem 2~ “These are three guys that have been with our organization for their entire careers and they’re all really good players in this league,” Sinclair said. “You want to see them graduate as Sarnia Sting players.

Problen 3~ “Just in the way some of our younger guys have come along, we weren’t looking to move Tabak but it was just something that made sense,” Sinclair said. “We were able to get three draft picks and a little bit more ice time for some of our younger guys.”

For the 1st one-- Like it actually matters. Like come the F on. Yes let's pray we squeeze into 8th & lose in 5 games to Saginaw then watch McGregor/Josling walk.

For the 2nd-- I'm sorry but this is not the way to run a team. Yah they've been awesome Sarnia Sting players but this was the time to move them. May i remind him WE ARE LAST.

And finally the 3rd-- could just be bluffing but it sure didn't sound like someone that requested a trade! The way are young guys have come along??? Tabak is a late birthday in his 2nd season with us performing WAY better than Guy/Mack/Burke/Saye/Hill/O'Donnell & even Voit to this point.

Truly mind blown.

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
Finally recovered from last night’s catastrophe. A couple random thoughts prior to taking on Hammy:
- thanks to 33’s gaffe, my 4-3 Oshawa prediction came true.
- now 1-15 without Rees.
- Hatcher started stalking Tomasino too late... needed to hammer him before the 2 goals. Need to track down Kaliyev or/ and Jenik ASAP today.
- nice to see Hjorth on bottom pair. That’s where he belongs. Why did Columbus draft him??
- Gaudreau please.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
One game in & im tired of having 9 D.. Nolet sitting??? He has been are best Dman for 2 months! Scored, +2 last night. So frustrating.

Gaudreau looks sharp so far 16 shot 1st period lol.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Perreault has looked utterly dominant lately. How about Voit, eh! 7 Pts in 5 games on top-6. 16 Points in 34 games. Reason why some of us were so high on him. So much skill.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Voit can “dipsy doodle” as some say all he wants. His play making ability is on a whole other level. Him and Perreault have found some chemistry and it’s a beautiful site to be seen.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Perreault has looked utterly dominant lately. How about Voit, eh! 7 Pts in 5 games on top-6. 16 Points in 34 games. Reason why some of us were so high on him. So much skill.
I realize they need to get dillingham and especially mast in games to develope but my god they should not be taking nolet out. I think jacko should be alternating with mast and dillingham... he’s not that good and won’t be on the team next year. And yes voit figuring out the league, him and Perrault typical playmaker/sniper duo....love it!

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Why is hatcher out on 3 on 3? He has zero skill, he’s a defensive dman use him as that in regulation, i understand him killing off the penalty in OT but playing even strength in OT is ridiculous. Also roth has proven he does nothing in ot and continues to get time in winnable games over voit. 3 on 3 or 4 on 3 is where a guy like voit will excel, but hatcher and crew wouldn’t understand that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad