Sarnia Sting 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Today I liked voit, Nolet and Langevin.....
Very excited to see a bigger, stronger more confident voit next season. Nolet is going to be a real good dman for us next year. Langevin is a stud in my eyes.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Today I liked voit, Nolet and Langevin.....
Very excited to see a bigger, stronger more confident voit next season. Nolet is going to be a real good dman for us next year. Langevin is a stud in my eyes.
Nolet has been are best Dman since he signed & it hasn't been close.. 13 Points along with somehow being +11. Plays such a quiet yet effective game.

Voit is gonna be a premium playmaker in this league. Once he adds some muscle watch out..

Langevin has been real good since the 0-7 start. Gives us a chance to win every night. With a legitimate defence he would probably have around a 0.905 Sv%

massey

Sep 5, 2012
I sure hope that Berka is injuried and thats why he is not playing.WTF

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Nolet has been are best Dman since he signed & it hasn't been close.. 13 Points along with somehow being +11. Plays such a quiet yet effective game.

Voit is gonna be a premium playmaker in this league. Once he adds some muscle watch out..

Langevin has been real good since the 0-7 start. Gives us a chance to win every night. With a legitimate defence he would probably have around a 0.905 Sv%
.905 or higher!... nolet reminds me of Tj brodie, very good skater and plays a calm and quiet game

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
Sting are playing relatively ok, but are finding ways to lose right now. Yesterday’s Moskal (2-0) goal, Hjorth had Moskal covered, then let him go in front of the net... goal. First Evangelista goal (3-1), even though Jako made a terrible clearing attempt, Langevin needs to catch & hold that floater rather than give up the juicy rebound that went right on the guy’s stick... goal.
Both Langevin and Hjorth otherwise played pretty well, but I’m sure they’d like to have those plays back.
This team just can’t seem to get over the hump right now. Without Rees, they always seem to fall a little short.

Maddangler

Nov 25, 2018
Sting are playing relatively ok, but are finding ways to lose right now. Yesterday’s Moskal (2-0) goal, Hjorth had Moskal covered, then let him go in front of the net... goal. First Evangelista goal (3-1), even though Jako made a terrible clearing attempt, Langevin needs to catch & hold that floater rather than give up the juicy rebound that went right on the guy’s stick... goal.
Both Langevin and Hjorth otherwise played pretty well, but I’m sure they’d like to have those plays back.
This team just can’t seem to get over the hump right now. Without Rees, they always seem to fall a little short.

Lack of defensive coverage, embarrassing number of turnovers and lack of finish killed us. Plain and simple. Getting outshot 15 to 2 in the 2nd is ridiculous as well. Langevin made a number of unbelievable saves to even give the team a chance in a game they barely showed up for. The lad puts in a 929 save percentage in a game that was utterly lopsided in quality scoring chances. I will gladly take that goaltending any day of the week thank you.

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
Lack of defensive coverage, embarrassing number of turnovers and lack of finish killed us. Plain and simple. Getting outshot 15 to 2 in the 2nd is ridiculous as well. Langevin made a number of unbelievable saves to even give the team a chance in a game they barely showed up for. The lad puts in a 929 save percentage in a game that was utterly lopsided in quality scoring chances. I will gladly take that goaltending any day of the week thank you.
Agree completely, but I was at the game and he was furious at himself after the 3rd goal. All I’m saying is he’s love to have that one back. Betcha he’d say the same...

Maddangler

Nov 25, 2018
Agree completely, but I was at the game and he was furious at himself after the 3rd goal. All I’m saying is he’s love to have that one back. Betcha he’d say the same...

I don't doubt that at all however if we can't cover a single slip by our goalies we are in serious trouble with the insane amount of high quality chances we cough up.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Gotta love some of the guys on the London board. Absolutely tearing Hatcher and his kid apart. Wonder what it’s like to feel so much hate towards a junior hockey player and his dad? We may not like the fact we have Hatcher as our coach but at least he’s not a piss tank with DUI’s :rolleyes:

Reactions: davewheeler

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
Just to be perfectly clear here, I’m just being real about Langevin. Last year he was OK, this year he has been very very good. Speaking as an old goalie, he’s actually in a fun spot. With this team’s complete disinterest in defensive play, he has the opportunity to be the “difference” every night. Goalies love that. Every night you have to plan to be the first star.
If he continues to develop at the same pace, he has an opportunity be absolutely great next year. To be great, you have to stop 100% of the stoppable shots and have 100% rebound control on pretty much all of them - particularly in tied or one-goal games. You can gag one in a 4 or 5 goal game and nobody really cares.
You have to stop at least half of the plays where a sniper “should” score (fortunately, they’re not all snipers out there) ...and Langevin’s doing that right now. He’s moving to where the shooter is going almost before the shooter knows it himself.
Anyway... right now, despite the team’s goals against performance, the problem has not been Langevin... at all. (but he’d still like to have that 3rd one back... would have been first star if the team could have given him 3 goals in 2-1/2 periods)

davewheeler

Dec 5, 2016
Gotta love some of the guys on the London board. Absolutely tearing Hatcher and his kid apart. Wonder what it’s like to feel so much hate towards a junior hockey player and his dad? We may not like the fact we have Hatcher as our coach but at least he’s not a piss tank with DUI’s :rolleyes:
haha I love it... whenever a fan base hates a player it means he's doing the right thing. haha id take a piss tank coach if it means some OHL championships.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Just to be perfectly clear here, I’m just being real about Langevin. Last year he was OK, this year he has been very very good. Speaking as an old goalie, he’s actually in a fun spot. With this team’s complete disinterest in defensive play, he has the opportunity to be the “difference” every night. Goalies love that. Every night you have to plan to be the first star.
If he continues to develop at the same pace, he has an opportunity be absolutely great next year. To be great, you have to stop 100% of the stoppable shots and have 100% rebound control on pretty much all of them - particularly in tied or one-goal games. You can gag one in a 4 or 5 goal game and nobody really cares.
You have to stop at least half of the plays where a sniper “should” score (fortunately, they’re not all snipers out there) ...and Langevin’s doing that right now. He’s moving to where the shooter is going almost before the shooter knows it himself.
Anyway... right now, despite the team’s goals against performance, the problem has not been Langevin... at all. (but he’d still like to have that 3rd one back... would have been first star if the team could have given him 3 goals in 2-1/2 periods)
Langevin was great yesterday but ya it was a bad rebound for the GWG. Wish Evangelista wasn't the only player within 15 feet of the puck tho.. No idea where the entire team went.

London fans goin after Hatcher but loved the Ruperts who were some of the dirtiest players in the O. Also interesting calling us goons when they had 2 guys get suspensions this week.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
For me it is a little concerning how much Rees means to the success of some players. Like this weekend i didn't notice Roth, Tabak at all. Especially Roth who's play has really dipped over December.

I wish when someone in the top-6 is missing Voit would get a shot. I think he & Perreault could be a nice duo. Could be quite the liability in their own end tho haha.

Reactions: robp1219

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Roth has been a ghost. The PP lacks a gifted player maker and passer. Voit should 100% be on that top unit feeding the big shooters. His passing is incredible and spot on.

Reactions: robp1219

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
Roth has been a ghost. The PP lacks a gifted player maker and passer. Voit should 100% be on that top unit feeding the big shooters. His passing is incredible and spot on.
Roth can finish, but needs someone who can set him up. Other than Rees, McGregor, Voit, Nolet and maybe Josling, there’s nobody on this team that sees the ice well enough to feed him.
Perreault, Josling, McGregor, Rees and Roth can finish, but frankly there’s hardly another quick release, accurate shot on the team.
The rest of the gang, in my opinion, skate around not making much of an impact.
Voit has great potential but at this point takes less than one shot on goal per game. He will be an easy read for opponents unless he works on his shot/strength in the future.

Reactions: dansk55

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Roth can finish, but needs someone who can set him up. Other than Rees, McGregor, Voit, Nolet and maybe Josling, there’s nobody on this team that sees the ice well enough to feed him.
Perreault, Josling, McGregor, Rees and Roth can finish, but frankly there’s hardly another quick release, accurate shot on the team.
The rest of the gang, in my opinion, skate around not making much of an impact.
Voit has great potential but at this point takes less than one shot on goal per game. He will be an easy read for opponents unless he works on his shot/strength in the future.
Agree for the most part. If only we had another import who is a great skater & showed a finishing ability when given the chance. Someone that could actually carry the puck up thru the neutral zone with speed & attack wide....

But who needs him right? Especially when you have Guy, Mack, Saye, Burke, O'Donnell who all don't have Berka's speed or skill. Bottom-6 has 0 play drivers now.

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
Oh well, here we go for 2020. Wish I knew if Rees would be back:

ATTACK 4 Sting 3 (regulation)
SOO 6 Sting 3
SAGGY 7 Sting 5

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
6-4 Sarnia
7-3 Soo
7-2 Saginaw

If Rees is back i think we win Friday by more & The Soo game could go either way. think the Saginaw game is a blowout with or without him lol. Also curious to see how they'll run the goalies. I'd go Gaudreau-Langevin-Langevin

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Nolan Dann leads his team (Georgetown) in goals with 13 in 32 games. On the season he has 22 points.

Georgetown has only scored 86 goals this season which is 2nd last in the whole league. So Dann has scored 15% of their goals this season as a 16 yr old rookie. Thats pretty damn impressive.

On top of that they recently traded there only other player with double digit goals. So Dann is the only player on the team now with 10+ Goals. Of his 13 goals only 1 has come on the PP. So 12 at even strength & 3 have been GWGs.

Hope we call him up near the end of the year like we did Langevin, Reesor. See what he is all about

Last edited:
Reactions: The Howler

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Nolan Dann leads his team (Georgetown) in goals with 13 in 32 games. On the season he has 22 points.

Georgetown has only scored 86 goals this season which is 2nd last in the whole league. So Dann has scored 15% of their goals this season as a 16 yr old rookie. Thats pretty damn impressive.

On top of that they recently traded there only other player with double digit goals. So Dann is the only player on the team now with 10+ Goals. Of his 13 goals only 1 has come on the PP. So 12 at even strength & 3 have been GWGs.

Hope we call him up near the end of the year like we did Langevin, Reesor. See what he is all about

Good to see. I wanted this kid on the team from the get go. Was very impressive in camp and the few pre season games he played. Excellent shot, great speed and plays with a bit of an edge. Hopefully once we sell off a few guys he can get called up for the rest of the year. He's going to be a good one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad