Sarnia Sting 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
I think Hatcher throwing big hits brought everyone else into it. Since he has been gone you don't see nearly as many hits from guys like Jakovljevic, Guy, Tabak..

Pretty much a must-win Tuesday in London. Going 0-2-1 would be pretty damaging to a playoff push. Also only 10 days (Jan 9th) until the OA deadline.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Speaking of Guy. How disappointing has he been? Just a guy lost in the shuffle of things and hasn't been noticeable at all this year.

Word around the rink yesterday was that Hatcher/Reesor/Bitten and Rees are all day to day and could make heir way into the line up at any time.
Apparently Hatchers injury wasn't as bad as we all expected. That 2 of your top 6 forwards and 2 of your top 4 D. I'd REALLY like to see how the team plays with those 4 inserted back into the line up. Not saying it would be the ending to all our problems but it would be a significant difference.

Reactions: robp1219

davewheeler

Dec 5, 2016

This lapse by the Sting kills me :confused::help:

LOl I can't really see the numbers so I don't know who's who but....... it looks like Perreault is the guy pointing his stick .... Was this 2 defensemen and 1 forward? Or 2 D and 1 Forward? 3 on 3 is usually man to man defence so technically that wasn't Perreault man. This isn't on Perreault ... however, his effort is definitely pathetic. But, the effort by the other guy was far more pathetic. There is no handing off of players during 3 on 3 ... you gotta stick with him.

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
What’s REALLY bad is, if you look at the beginning of the clip, Knights #14 is peeling off for a change. There were actually only two London players anywhere near the puck. And of course, the boys chose to cover neither.
There was a game two years ago in Flint (early Feb), where Ruzicka chose to do a “matador” and stepped out of Flint guy’s way to let him score in OT. That one bothered me... but this one made my head explode.

Jason M

Nov 13, 2019
What’s REALLY bad is, if you look at the beginning of the clip, Knights #14 is peeling off for a change. There were actually only two London players anywhere near the puck. And of course, the boys chose to cover neither.
There was a game two years ago in Flint (early Feb), where Ruzicka chose to do a “matador” and stepped out of Flint guy’s way to let him score in OT. That one bothered me... but this one made my head explode.
Aperantly the Petes have Avon and Butler up for trade there looking to load up and I think Butler would be a good player for us he’s 17 he scores goals and the Pete’s could use a good backup who could help Jones maybe we could send Kooy and a 19 year old like Bitten for Butler just an idea I know we’ve done deals with the Pete’s before

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Speaking of Guy. How disappointing has he been? Just a guy lost in the shuffle of things and hasn't been noticeable at all this year.

Word around the rink yesterday was that Hatcher/Reesor/Bitten and Rees are all day to day and could make heir way into the line up at any time.
Apparently Hatchers injury wasn't as bad as we all expected. That 2 of your top 6 forwards and 2 of your top 4 D. I'd REALLY like to see how the team plays with those 4 inserted back into the line up. Not saying it would be the ending to all our problems but it would be a significant difference.
Guy is just a slowwww skater, he plays hard and goes to the dirty areas but he isn’t a skilled player, I find him and bitten similar pretty hard workers but not the most talented, if you have them on a line with speedy playmakers like rees or (Voit next year) they will be able to finish plays.

Lenka

Nov 26, 2019
[QUOTE = "StingUpdates, příspěvek: 168432487, člen: 312219"] Rees znovu mimo sestavu ......

Také vidím, že Berka je zpět k hraní her. [/ QUOTE]

Marek Berka will not return to Sarnia

Tone

Jan 28, 2019
[QUOTE = "StingUpdates, příspěvek: 168432487, člen: 312219"] Rees znovu mimo sestavu ......

Také vidím, že Berka je zpět k hraní her. [/ QUOTE]

Marek Berka will not return to Sarnia
What is this all about?

Lenka

Nov 26, 2019
[QUOTE = "Tón, příspěvek: 168475515, člen: 312901"] O čem to všechno je? [/ QUOTE]
The coach Is no longer interested in him. He didn't get a chance to show himself

Reactions: dansk55

Lenka

Nov 26, 2019
[QUOTE = "Jason M, příspěvek: 168476435, člen: 323825"] Myslím, že to znamená, že máme místo pro jiného evropského [/ QUOTE]
Yes, if the coach lets jim play

Tone

Jan 28, 2019
[QUOTE = "Tón, příspěvek: 168475515, člen: 312901"] O čem to všechno je? [/ QUOTE]
The coach Is no longer interested in him. He didn't get a chance to show himself
I don't understand. You bring an 18 year old kid from 1/2 way around the world and after 4 months you
say you are not interested in him anymore? Sounds awful to me.

Lenka

Nov 26, 2019
[QUOTE = "Tón, příspěvek: 168476909, člen: 312901"] Nerozumím. Přinášíte 18leté dítě z 1/2 cesty po celém světě a po 4 měsících
řekni, že už o něj nemáš zájem? Zní mi to strašně. [/ QUOTE]
The son Is very disappointed. He really liked Sarnia and the teammates were great

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Unbelievable. Honestly pisses me right off. This team preaches speed & skill on F & Berka was exactly that. He got ONE period the entire season in the top-9 & after that 1 period he got sent to L4 & then sat the next 3 games & now sent home.

You cant tell me he hasn't been better Mack, Saye, Burke, O'Donnell & even Guy! This is also just a bad look on us as an org. Not how you manage players especially euros.

Reactions: Lenka

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019

Agreed. Bright side he has goals in b2b games so maybe he can start scoring consistently. He & Voit seem to have a little chemistry.

I've heard so many different things on Hatcher. Just a few days ago i was told he is still a month away at least. This is when it would be nice if like other teams around the league Sarnia just said the timetable on these injuries.

Jason M

Nov 13, 2019
Unbelievable. Honestly pisses me right off. This team preaches speed & skill on F & Berka was exactly that. He got ONE period the entire season in the top-9 & after that 1 period he got sent to L4 & then sat the next 3 games & now sent home.

You cant tell me he hasn't been better Mack, Saye, Burke, O'Donnell & even Guy! This is also just a bad look on us as an org. Not how you manage players especially euros.
I wonder if something was going behind the sense that we don’t know about or maybe we’re looking at bring in a better European player but I agree he didn’t get much of a chance

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Really disappointed about this whole Berka thing. Piss poor management of his playing time. Might be something behind the scenes but we will never know that. This certainly looks bad on the organization. Really liked Berka’s potential. Not a fair shot at all for him.

My list of reasons to not renew my tickets next year keep on growing.

Reactions: Lenka

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Well this won't help that lol.

I was told Sarnia hasn't practiced 3on3 at all this season. Not once. Honestly, i believe it. Cause we look lost in it. If true i am blown away at the pure laziness of the coaching staff. These are 3 crucial points we've lost out on because of how inept we look in OT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad