Sarnia Sting 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
As I said immediately after the game yesterday, they have no idea how to play 3on3. I guess that would explain it. :help:

davewheeler

Dec 5, 2016
Well this won't help that lol.

I was told Sarnia hasn't practiced 3on3 at all this season. Not once. Honestly, i believe it. Cause we look lost in it. If true i am blown away at the pure laziness of the coaching staff. These are 3 crucial points we've lost out on because of how inept we look in OT.
I am honestly not surprised, we have the worst coaching staff in the league. Hatcher simply needs to step down. The entire coaching staff is terrible.... like what knowledge does Staubitz even have? Im being serious, I don't get why he's here. The whole young and cool coach is only a reliable tool for like a peewee hockey team. I also heard people within the organization are sick of Hatcher being the coach and want him to step down too. He doesn't put in half the work that other coaches put in.

Reactions: Lenka

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
I always read the Hatcher complaints but always thought most of it was BS but hearing they dont practice 3on3 scares me. Not only is that crucial points your costing us by not practicing it your also taking away one of the few fun drills they boys can do to let off some steam..

I've often wondered to what Staubitz does. He is the defensive coach but are HC is a HOF Dman... so how much of a voice does he really have? I'd bash on Legwand but he runs the offense & that's the only thing we are good at

davewheeler

Dec 5, 2016
I always read the Hatcher complaints but always thought most of it was BS but hearing they dont practice 3on3 scares me. Not only is that crucial points your costing us by not practicing it your also taking away one of the few fun drills they boys can do to let off some steam..

I've often wondered to what Staubitz does. He is the defensive coach but are HC is a HOF Dman... so how much of a voice does he really have? I'd bash on Legwand but he runs the offense & that's the only thing we are good at
I've been hearing anti hatcher rumblings within the organization for awhile now.

Reactions: Lenka

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
To think Letowski could be our HC right now. :( Him and Lazary even.
Lazary is the big one for me. He seems like an amazing coach. Everyone loves him & Saginaw plays with such pace & structure. Woulda loved him has are HC.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015

Staubitz was originally brought in to be the strength and conditioning coach and his position should have never changed, he needs to go back to that.

Reactions: davewheeler

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Big one today. Gotta win it. Assume Langevin goes again. Need him to come up big. Up front if Rees is still out we need Perreault & Roth to step up in a big way.

As each game passes it's potentially McGregor or Josling's final games (if traded) so hopefully they can light it up. 2 of are better more consistent players the last 3 seasons. Also 2 of my faves from this decade. If they do get dealt it'll definitely be bitter sweet..

massey

Sep 5, 2012
If it goes to overtime please bench Perrault.Last 2 OT he was just a pilon.Surely the coaching staff have learned.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Moskal wasn't Perrault's man...

You need to read the play. It was a 1 on 3 and moskal had the inside step on his man. The other two London players weren’t even inside the Sarnia blue line yet with Moskal driving the net. No reason for Perrault to sit there and point his stick directing traffic like a cop. Perrault steps in and cuts off Moskal and goal never happens. But we can’t blame him, apparently we don’t have coaches capable of practising 3 on 3 :rolleyes:

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
You need to read the play. It was a 1 on 3 and moskal had the inside step on his man. The other two London players weren’t even inside the Sarnia blue line yet with Moskal driving the net. No reason for Perrault to sit there and point his stick directing traffic like a cop. Perrault steps in and cuts off Moskal and goal never happens. But we can’t blame him, apparently we don’t have coaches capable of practising 3 on 3 :rolleyes:
Don’t have coaches capable of teaching anything defensively. Why should 3 on 3 be any different. With that being said these players have played on an extremely high level of hockey under a numbers of decent quality coaches growing up in AAA. How is it they don’t know how to play simple defence and cover a man. I realize the coaches aren’t good and not putting in the effort but my god everyone of these kids should know basic hockey like back check and pick up a man, off the boards and out. Pretty simple stuff. But yes coaching needs to be a lot better!

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Doesn't matter who's man it was. It's a failure for all 3. They all gave up on the play & let Moskal score. For not one of the 3 to realize what was happening is pretty scary & really shows you just how poor we are at defense.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Absolutely loving Voit's game lately. Looks so confident out there. So good at creating space for himself & such a gifted passer.

Langevin sharp again. 16/16 thru 1.

Ya im done assuming stuff about this team. One of the most lifeless games i have seen all yr. Outworked in every single area of the game. 2 shots in the 2nd. 2.

Last edited:

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Absolutely loving Voit's game lately. Looks so confident out there. So good at creating space for himself & such a gifted passer.

Langevin sharp again. 16/16 thru 1.

Ya im done assuming stuff about this team. One of the most lifeless games i have seen all yr. Outworked in every single area of the game. 2 shots in the 2nd. 2.
Another thing I like about Voit, he actually skates hard!, my god it looks like this team has absolutely quit on the coaches and I don’t blame them, Hatcher needs to get off the bench and become a silent owner who just pumps money into the team and arena. This team could easily make it to playoffs and win a round or two if they stayed pat and got a head coach who new what he was doing.

dansk55

Jul 30, 2010
Another thing I like about Voit, he actually skates hard!, my god it looks like this team has absolutely quit on the coaches and I don’t blame them, Hatcher needs to get off the bench and become a silent owner who just pumps money into the team and arena. This team could easily make it to playoffs and win a round or two if they stayed pat and got a head coach who new what he was doing.
Hatcher is waiting for a call from NHL

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Why in the world would you waste a challenge on that!?!?! Now we dont have a timeout in a 1 goal game late. Brutal brutal brutal coaching. Holy.

2 dmen in 1 corner with Evangelista standing all alone out front. He legitimately could have done 5 pushups before someone would have got to him.

Last edited:
Reactions: dansk55

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
And would u look at that. 1 minute left, McGregor & Josling are gassed. What a perfect time for a timeout! Unbelievable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad