Sarnia Sting 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason M

Nov 13, 2019
Good to see. I wanted this kid on the team from the get go. Was very impressive in camp and the few pre season games he played. Excellent shot, great speed and plays with a bit of an edge. Hopefully once we sell off a few guys he can get called up for the rest of the year. He's going to be a good one.
I was honestly pretty disappointed when Dann didn’t make the team I would have picked him over O’Donnell

The Howler

Dec 9, 2015
Attack 4 Sting 2
Hounds 6 Sting 1
Spirit 6 Sting 2
I sure hope I'm wrong on all 3 games

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Good to see. I wanted this kid on the team from the get go. Was very impressive in camp and the few pre season games he played. Excellent shot, great speed and plays with a bit of an edge. Hopefully once we sell off a few guys he can get called up for the rest of the year. He's going to be a good one.
I’m glad he went down and got top 6 minutes in a pretty good league. Instead of being in the press box every other game, but ya be nice to see him play 15 games or so with the sting this year.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
OHLInsider is claiming Sarnia has added players to the trade list. Not sure who else it would be other then Josling and McGregor.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Do you any names?
I suspect any and all of the 19 and 20 year olds would be fair game. Probably the more recently acquired players would carry the most value - Roth, Bitten, Kooy, maybe Mack. The OA market is drying up, but perhaps there is still an opportunity to move Josling or McGregor.

None of those moves would jeopardize a potential run next year.

Reactions: dansk55

dansk55

Jul 30, 2010
Agree for the most part. If only we had another import who is a great skater & showed a finishing ability when given the chance. Someone that could actually carry the puck up thru the neutral zone with speed & attack wide....

But who needs him right? Especially when you have Guy, Mack, Saye, Burke, O'Donnell who all don't have Berka's speed or skill. Bottom-6 has 0 play drivers now.
So what is the deal with Berka? What did he do to piss off Hatcher and Sinclair? If he is gone, does not bode well for future imports. Agents talk to each other so if everything is true, our stock dropped.

Reactions: Stingland and Lenka

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
May sound stupid but what about trading Rees?
Great player but always suspended or injured. Probably won’t get 75% of the games this season and was missing for a good portion of last year. Could possibly get a very good 2001 or 2002 plus picks from a contender.

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
May sound stupid but what about trading Rees?
Great player but always suspended or injured. Probably won’t get 75% of the games this season and was missing for a good portion of last year. Could possibly get a very good 2001 or 2002 plus picks from a contender.
You won't get much interest for the very reasons you listed.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Rees would 100% be back next year and would (if healthy) lead the league in scoring. Think he's someone you want around if we are making a run. I'd be pissed if we moved him.
It matters what we view as the go for it year. For awhile we all thought that was next season, has that changed? I think Adding Roth & Bitten sort of solidified that..

But at the same time this group hasn't shown flashes of a potential championship team. they are to reliant on Rees, McGregor & Josling. They give up a ridiculous amount of shots/chances/goals..

The problem is i think next year sort of has to be the year to win. We don't have that next wave of talent. The '02 draft so far isn't showing a ton of potential outside of Perreault & Hill occasionally.

The big thing is the '01 Americans. 4th Rounder Mitch Miller (Dman), 6th Rounder Josh Nodler (Centre) & 9th Rounder Case McCarthy (Dman).. They all have big upside & would be impact players for us. If we wanna win next year i feel we need 1or2 of them..

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
I will say for Rees his injuries are more fluke than anything.. Lacerated kidney, High Ankle sprain, 2 dumb suspensions & this recent ankle injury where he got it stuck under him when he fell.

Not gonna deny he is a little injury prone but it isnt like Konecny who had 4or5 shoulder injuries in junior.

Tone

Jan 28, 2019
So what is the deal with Berka? What did he do to piss off Hatcher and Sinclair? If he is gone, does not bode well for future imports. Agents talk to each other so if everything is true, our stock dropped.
Berka has been removed from the roster.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Bitten and Rees will both be back this weekend. Possible return for Reesor too.
Finally. I think we underestimated Bitten's worth to the team honestly. We have really missed his consistent work ethic down low & 200FT game. Not to mention he did have 19PTS in 26 Games.

Hopefully Rees can stay in the lineup from here on out. He coulda had a chance at 100 Points had he stayed in..

Really curious to see Reesor. Who knows how much Mono/back injury has hurt him. Especially his strength down low which was what he was best at.

Id run
Hatcher-Nolet
Reesor-Hjorth
Kammerer-Mast
Jakovljevic, Dillingham

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
robp1219 - just missing your picks for the weekend! Are you trying to beat davewheelers record of 19 missed in a row?? lol.

Reactions: davewheeler

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Finally. I think we underestimated Bitten's worth to the team honestly. We have really missed his consistent work ethic down low & 200FT game. Not to mention he did have 19PTS in 26 Games.

Hopefully Rees can stay in the lineup from here on out. He coulda had a chance at 100 Points had he stayed in..

Really curious to see Reesor. Who knows how much Mono/back injury has hurt him. Especially his strength down low which was what he was best at.

Id run
Hatcher-Nolet
Reesor-Hjorth
Kammerer-Mast
Jakovljevic, Dillingham

Well, the team defiantly won't be dressing 8 d-man. I know that's not what your saying but I'd expect them to go with 7, leaving Dillingham the odd man out. It really isn't a horrible looking D on paper...but there's a big difference between paper and ice. I think some guys are playing waaaay to much and that's a big reason why we are so terrible in our own end and miss so many assignments. Realistically each pairing you mentioned should and can all play the same amount of minutes when the group is healthy. If this team still struggles as badly as it does now with a full healthy defensive line up then this is 100% coaching no doubt.

Rees still very well could hit the 100 pt mark if he's back this weekend and get backs to averaging 2+ pts a game like he was for that stretch. Josling will for sure hit that mark.

I do like Bitten's energy and passion. You don't see many players this excited to play hockey. He plays every game like it's his first game and celebrates every goal like it's his first. I's refreshing to see a player that in love with the game.

Lets get this line up back when they were scoring 5+ goals a game. IF everyone is back this weekend I'd go...

Roth-Rees-Josling
Bitten-McGregor-Perrault
Voit-Tabak-Guy
Burke-Hill-Saye
*Trade Mack - rotate O'Donnell in and out*

Hatcher-Nolet
Reesor-Hjorth
Jakovljevic-Kammerer
Mast

1. Langevin
2. Gaudreau
*Trade Kooy*

If they can't go 3 for 3 this weekend with that line up then I expect a 100% sell off.

Maddangler

Nov 25, 2018
Well, the team defiantly won't be dressing 8 d-man. I know that's not what your saying but I'd expect them to go with 7, leaving Dillingham the odd man out. It really isn't a horrible looking D on paper...but there's a big difference between paper and ice. I think some guys are playing waaaay to much and that's a big reason why we are so terrible in our own end and miss so many assignments. Realistically each pairing you mentioned should and can all play the same amount of minutes when the group is healthy. If this team still struggles as badly as it does now with a full healthy defensive line up then this is 100% coaching no doubt.

Rees still very well could hit the 100 pt mark if he's back this weekend and get backs to averaging 2+ pts a game like he was for that stretch. Josling will for sure hit that mark.

I do like Bitten's energy and passion. You don't see many players this excited to play hockey. He plays every game like it's his first game and celebrates every goal like it's his first. I's refreshing to see a player that in love with the game.

Lets get this line up back when they were scoring 5+ goals a game. IF everyone is back this weekend I'd go...

Roth-Rees-Josling
Bitten-McGregor-Perrault
Voit-Tabak-Guy
Burke-Hill-Saye
*Trade Mack - rotate O'Donnell in and out*

Hatcher-Nolet
Reesor-Hjorth
Jakovljevic-Kammerer
Mast

1. Langevin
2. Gaudreau
*Trade Kooy*

If they can't go 3 for 3 this weekend with that line up then I expect a 100% sell off.

Flip Kammerer for Reesor as I doubt he's ready for 2nd line minutes and that looks about right.

Reactions: robp1219
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad