Sarnia Sting 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Survived that one! Refs did there best to try & get the game toed up. Langevin was spectacular in the 3rd. Loved the play of Hjorth-Kammerer pairing.

Rees left the game with an ankle injury but it sounds like it was precautionary. Hopefully nothing more we'd be screwed with him out..

I'd say the best game all year from are Bottom-6. Alot of OZone time & chances. Chipped in with two goals.
The hjorth and rees penalties were an absolute joke the ref should be embarrassed of himself

Reactions: Maddangler

massey

Sep 5, 2012
Also what a freaking shift out of Rees on the PK. People questioned him getting a letter but it's stuff like this that shows you why. He works his ass off every shift.

Prior to him getting his suspension at the start of the season,there was good reason for concern on why he got a letter. His head wasn't in playing hockey.BUT after sitting out the suspension,nobody can question this kids dedication and hard work to get him where he is today.Hats off to him for getting his mind back in the game and being an elite player in the OHL. So exciting to watch.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
I can say this is 100000000% false. Their focus is on making as much money as possible. They could give two ****s about giving people an education.
I agree, they don’t give a shit about who passes or fails or how good the education they provide is, it’s all about bringing in students and their parents money, I think this bar/restaurant could attract students and sting fans, college also desperately needs a new residence the current one is a joke and probably scares away a lot of out of town students

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Be nice if the sting could win 2 out of 3 going into the break. Be REALLY nice if they could get through the next 3 games with no more injuries and hopefully get some of the injured players back right after the Christmas break (guy,bitten,reesor).

Reactions: The Howler

The Howler

Dec 9, 2015
Be nice if the sting could win 2 out of 3 going into the break. Be REALLY nice if they could get through the next 3 games with no more injuries and hopefully get some of the injured players back right after the Christmas break (guy,bitten,reesor).
Sure hope Rees is ready to go, sounds like he hurt his ankel last night.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
I’ll literally cry if Rees is out injured. I can’t believe how bad of luck this team has had with injuries. Rees has been the best player on this team by far. That would be a massive blow.

It would be nice to get back up over .500. That would also mean winning the next three. It’s possible but will be tough with Saggy and Windsor next week.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
I’ll literally cry if Rees is out injured. I can’t believe how bad of luck this team has had with injuries. Rees has been the best player on this team by far. That would be a massive blow.

It would be nice to get back up over .500. That would also mean winning the next three. It’s possible but will be tough with Saggy and Windsor next week.
Was told it was a sore ankle last night. Just praying it's not another high ankle sprain or something like that... kid deserves a break. Been so good this season

Last edited:

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Was told it was a sore ankle last night. Just praying it's not another high ankle sprain or something like that... kid deserves a break. Been so good this season

Well no Rees today officially. Berka moves up to the first line with McGregor and Josling. Hill centres Roth and Perreault. Big showcase for those two.

Big Ben gets the start.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Well no Rees today officially. Berka moves up to the first line with McGregor and Josling. Hill centres Roth and Perreault. Big showcase for those two.

Big Ben gets the start.
God dammit! Now lets hope it isn't serious. We are utterly screwed if Rees is gone long term.

Huge chance for Berka. Hopefully he continues his strong play! Might need Gaudreau to stand tall today with so many injuries..

Why does it seem like every year we always have a stretch with a ton of injuries? Kooy, Rees, Bitten, Guy, Saye, Reesor & Hatcher.. brutal luck.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Well it wasn't pretty but we will take the win! Tabak was an absolute animal in the 3rd. Quietly has 25PTS in 31 Games. What a trade that has become.

Perreault racking up the goals, up to 19 now! Might have a chance at 40 the way he is going..

We keep saying it but Nolet has been amazing for us. Such an effective game he plays. Quite the shot on his goal, too.

McGregor needed to step up with Rees out & boy did he ever. 5 Points, unreal 2way & so many big face-offs.

Reactions: jp88 and Maddangler

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Told Rees' injury is minor. Hope is he can return next week if not for sure back after the break. So dodged a bullet there.

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
Well it wasn't pretty but we will take the win! Tabak was an absolute animal in the 3rd. Quietly has 25PTS in 31 Games. What a trade that has become.

Perreault racking up the goals, up to 19 now! Might have a chance at 40 the way he is going..

We keep saying it but Nolet has been amazing for us. Such an effective game he plays. Quite the shot on his goal, too.

McGregor needed to step up with Rees out & boy did he ever. 5 Points, unreal 2way & so many big face-offs.
Well, Gaudreau was Gaud-awful today but the boys bailed him out. Fighting the puck terribly, giving up rebounds all over the place, particularly when he would normally catch the puck and hold it. These games happen, but I’m surprised that neither Hatcher or his goalie coach didn’t pull him.
Finally some passes on the tape in the 3rd period; the first two periods featured some of the worst hockey I’ve seen the sting play. But, two more points...

dansk55

Jul 30, 2010
I agree, they don’t give a **** about who passes or fails or how good the education they provide is, it’s all about bringing in students and their parents money, I think this bar/restaurant could attract students and sting fans, college also desperately needs a new residence the current one is a joke and probably scares away a lot of out of town students
it's a hairbrain idea. a bar and restaurant is not the panacea you believe. their job provide the knowledge and the tools. not to babysit students, obviously you were one of the ones who failed to make the grade.

davewheeler

Dec 5, 2016
it's a hairbrain idea. a bar and restaurant is not the panacea you believe. their job provide the knowledge and the tools. not to babysit students, obviously you were one of the ones who failed to make the grade.
Lol what are you even talking about? Literally every college/university has a respectable bar/restaurant set up on campus. Lambton does have one however, it happens to be absolute garbage and it's in the basement. Obviously, from reading this post and the lack of skill you have shown to write a coherent sentence, it was you who failed to make the grade lol. This is quite possibly the dumbest thing I've read on here.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
I was falling asleep the first two periods but was awoken in the 3rd. This team ain’t pretty but that was a fun 3rd! Thought we were gonna see our first overtime, but nope! What a night for the McGregor, Tabak and Josling. They were lethal out there. Big Ben had a rough go but he’s still learning. Really think he’s gonna be a stud in this league. Big 2 points Ferda boys tonight.

dansk55

Jul 30, 2010
FYI, been to many including LC. It serves a purpose. Not looking for 5 star ratings. It is what it is. Why would you want to get my tax dollars involved in what should be private enterprise? If you are so convinced about the greatness of your idea, why don't you and Rob make the suggestion to the city? They will love it. Until then I guess we hold opposing opinions about conversational substance. TBH, not even sure why you are bringing up a restaurant and bar on this thread. It is a stupid idea. Period. Oh, and sorry Mr. Webster, my apology. i missed "is to" provide... or did you not understand what 'panacea' meant in my incoherent sentence structure? I am drained; pissing match over. Ciao

dansk55

Jul 30, 2010
I was falling asleep the first two periods but was awoken in the 3rd. This team ain’t pretty but that was a fun 3rd! Thought we were gonna see our first overtime, but nope! What a night for the McGregor, Tabak and Josling. They were lethal out there. Big Ben had a rough go but he’s still learning. Really think he’s gonna be a stud in this league. Big 2 points Ferda boys tonight.
When we make the playoffs, i'd hate to play us.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
It was a tough game to be in net. We finally didn't allow a ton of shots but when we did they were point blank or thru screens. But he was most definitely fighting it. Easily his worst start this season but that is to be expected as a rookie.

Still not sure what we were doing on either of their go ahead goals in the 3rd. Where did the D go for the breakaway goal & what the hell were we doing on the wrap-around goal where there was only 1 MISS player vs 4 SAR players. Even in wins the team D is a disaster.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
No I passed, and I’m now a certified electrician thank you very much. But when I was there it was a joke, sooo many times I’d go to class and it be canceled because another class was already in that room, so we’d either walk around to find another room or just cancel it, the teachers were absolutely brutal at their jobs, I remember having a 1 hour class and everytime the teacher would show up put a slide show on for 15 mins and then leave, wouldnt talk about anything or give out homework... yuh know what normal teachers do......a lot more stories from my experience there and from other people that were unhappy with the school.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad