Sarnia Sting 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Lol what are you even talking about? Literally every college/university has a respectable bar/restaurant set up on campus. Lambton does have one however, it happens to be absolute garbage and it's in the basement. Obviously, from reading this post and the lack of skill you have shown to write a coherent sentence, it was you who failed to make the grade lol. This is quite possibly the dumbest thing I've read on here.
Hahah ya literally every college in Ontario pulls in big money from their bar/restaurant, the lions den is a joke that not too many people go too. College needs a new bar and a new residence plain and simple

davewheeler

Dec 5, 2016
FYI, been to many including LC. It serves a purpose. Not looking for 5 star ratings. It is what it is. Why would you want to get my tax dollars involved in what should be private enterprise? If you are so convinced about the greatness of your idea, why don't you and Rob make the suggestion to the city? They will love it. Until then I guess we hold opposing opinions about conversational substance. TBH, not even sure why you are bringing up a restaurant and bar on this thread. It is a stupid idea. Period. Oh, and sorry Mr. Webster, my apology. i missed "is to" provide... or did you not understand what 'panacea' meant in my incoherent sentence structure? I am drained; pissing match over. Ciao
Lol it's old grumps like you that are holding back the potential of this city. Not sure what ur tax dollar has to do with anything about this. I know, new ideas are outside of your comfort zone. Obviously, you haven't been to many campus restaurants because you would see the value and uniqueness of them. No one was saying make it a 5 star restaurant. Clown response.

jwalk

Mar 25, 2006
AJAX
Well, Gaudreau was Gaud-awful today but the boys bailed him out. Fighting the puck terribly, giving up rebounds all over the place, particularly when he would normally catch the puck and hold it. These games happen, but I’m surprised that neither Hatcher or his goalie coach didn’t pull him.
Finally some passes on the tape in the 3rd period; the first two periods featured some of the worst hockey I’ve seen the sting play. But, two more points...

These kind of games are going to happen but to be fair to him he was left hung out to dry on half of the goals scored.

For a 16 year old playing on the second worst defensive team in the league he's done well and in limited games has already seen a ton of rubber.
His save percentage is just shy of .880 at .877 which is what you would expect playing for a defensively challenged team like the Sting. Anybody who was thinking he would be well above .900 save percentage as a rookie on this team had ridiculously high expectations even if he was a high pick IMO. Predicting how goalies will do in both junior and the Pros is way more difficult than players even if they are stars in minor hockey.
Having said that I think Gaudreau has huge potential and will eventually become one of the best goalies in the league. I'd be inclined to play him a lot in the second half of the year if the team can ever sort out their goalie mess.

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
These kind of games are going to happen but to be fair to him he was left hung out to dry on half of the goals scored.

For a 16 year old playing on the second worst defensive team in the league he's done well and in limited games has already seen a ton of rubber.
His save percentage is just shy of .880 at .877 which is what you would expect playing for a defensively challenged team like the Sting. Anybody who was thinking he would be well above .900 save percentage as a rookie on this team had ridiculously high expectations even if he was a high pick IMO. Predicting how goalies will do in both junior and the Pros is way more difficult than players even if they are stars in minor hockey.
Having said that I think Gaudreau has huge potential and will eventually become one of the best goalies in the league. I'd be inclined to play him a lot in the second half of the year if the team can ever sort out their goalie mess.
I agree completely, but I’m sure that he’d tell you he was struggling on Saturday. At this point I’d take one stellar game followed by a not-so-great game versus continued mediocrity. Over time he WILL get more consistent. In my opinion, he’s already well ahead of the curve technically and has no obvious flaws. Based on what I’ve seen from OHL goalies, consistent rebound control comes at 18/19/20 years old.
Regarding “hung out to dry”, in today’s hockey, that’s sort of become the norm around the league. Defensemen can barely touch a forward in the slot; the minute the puck leaves a forward’s stick, he can’t be touched, etc. the whole game is designed for offense.

Reactions: dirty12

Tone

Jan 28, 2019
MERRY CHRISTMAS
STING 6 SPIRIT 3
STING 6 SPITS 3
GO GETTEM STINGERS

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
6-4 Saginaw
5-4 (OT) Sarnia.
Hopefully the team can send everyone into the break on a high note!

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
I went to the Windsor-Saginaw game in saggy on the 7th; Windsor absolutely shut them down. Beware letowski’s team this year. They’re scary defensively!!

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
I went to the Windsor-Saginaw game in saggy on the 7th; Windsor absolutely shut them down. Beware letowski’s team this year. They’re scary defensively!!
Picked Sarnia to beat them because Pirroinen is at the world juniors so they dont have their starter. Medina doesn't have the best stats either.

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
Picked Sarnia to beat them because Pirroinen is at the world juniors so they dont have their starter. Medina doesn't have the best stats either.
Understand, but from what I saw last week, Piiroinen had to make ZERO tough saves. The Spits absolutely shut down the Saggy offense. They are sneaky-good this year.
But it’s junior hockey - never know which Sarnia team OR which Windsor team will show up!

Reactions: hockeylegend11

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Understand, but from what I saw last week, Piiroinen had to make ZERO tough saves. The Spits absolutely shut down the Saggy offense. They are sneaky-good this year.
But it’s junior hockey - never know which Sarnia team OR which Windsor team will show up!
Yeah they are very similar to Guelph. To be fair Saginaw was coming off an 11-8 win haha. Sometimes after games like that you lay a total egg on offense.

Reactions: The Howler

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
If Kooy heals up i could see us sending him Niagara's way. With the unfortunate injury to Tynan they'll need a starter the rest of the way. Not sure we will come close to getting the 3rd back but maybe a conditional 5th or 6th hopefully.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
If Kooy heals up i could see us sending him Niagara's way. With the unfortunate injury to Tynan they'll need a starter the rest of the way. Not sure we will come close to getting the 3rd back but maybe a conditional 5th or 6th hopefully.

Something's gotta give in Sudbury...They need a starter more then anyone.

Reactions: howlman

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Soo might also have a goalie available after WJC if Malik reports as some believe he will.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
I’d make it a firm 5th or 6th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad