Sarnia Sting 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
Imports and OAs bring smaller returns due to restrictions on numbers of each. Best bet would be if we get a 17 yr old import + pick for Ruzicka. That way would only have to draft one import next year rather than wait until 2nd round to draft a second player.

Reactions: robp1219

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Imports and OAs bring smaller returns due to restrictions on numbers of each. Best bet would be if we get a 17 yr old import + pick for Ruzicka. That way would only have to draft one import next year rather than wait until 2nd round to draft a second player.
That would be a fine return for ruzicka, then trade salinitri, Eliot, grima, and maybe sproviero

dansk55

Jul 30, 2010
My opinion on the goal tending situation.

Why still have 3 active goalies on the roster? 17, 18 and 19. I can only believe that the Sting have a trade in the works for either Hughes or Coffin and either the Sting or the trading partner wanted to see Coffin in action. I will give it another week or 2 before we see a move as to the direction this team is going in net.
coffin is gone... it was only a matter of time we got down to two goalies...I gave the kid a bye on the first goal... and little help on two others but that one from the blue line sank his chance of making the A team.

dansk55

Jul 30, 2010
That would be a fine return for ruzicka, then trade salinitri, Eliot, grima, and maybe sproviero
so you have written off the season already? Why would anyone go to the game? The sting will make the playoffs barely, but we need a goalie... Trade for an OA goalie using spare parts like Hogue, and Hughes and MacCoombes or maybe even Grima.
We have speed up front but not an excess of skill. An OA would help Langevin develop and not have him demoralized... give him time to develop and he will be a good one...

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
Looking forward to tonight. Owen Sound grumbling about their goaltending; we’re grumbling about ours... would think we will see a 9-8 game; probably will get 2-1!!

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
so you have written off the season already? Why would anyone go to the game? The sting will make the playoffs barely, but we need a goalie... Trade for an OA goalie using spare parts like Hogue, and Hughes and MacCoombes or maybe even Grima.
We have speed up front but not an excess of skill. An OA would help Langevin develop and not have him demoralized... give him time to develop and he will be a good one...
Not writing them off , i know this team will make playoffs and I think they can win a round , win two is a big stretch tho...a lot of this team is coming back next year so why not try to bring in younger players and draft picks at the deadline for guys who won’t be here next year if you know you aren’t going to win it all... exactly like what london did last year.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Build around that great draft class last year, and the good picks in Perrault and hill we brought in this year.

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
Not writing them off , i know this team will make playoffs and I think they can win a round , win two is a big stretch tho...a lot of this team is coming back next year so why not try to bring in younger players and draft picks at the deadline for guys who won’t be here next year if you know you aren’t going to win it all... exactly like what london did last year.
What do you mean when you say a lot of this team is coming back next year? Virtually no 2000’s on the current roster and can only keep 3 99’s

InSuL1nImP

Feb 11, 2017
Just checked the lineup sheet emailed from the Sting and Coffin is not listed. Nothing on the Sting website, FB or Twitter. Was he released or traded?
Still on the roster on the Sting website. Probably either personal, healthy scratch, etc... On a more positive note Rees is scheduled to come back Late November early December but the team might hold him out until after the break.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Perrault Mcgregor Josling
Guy Rees Hill
Mccombs
Lock for next year: redick
Burke

Hatcher Reesor
Kammerer Jako
Hogue
Lock for next year:dillingham-Morelli
Kennette

Langevin

Why not trade the overagers and try and trade the imports for younger established ohlers and draft picks for next year, this team is decent but not a contender

Reactions: cupcrazyman

Flyers 1st

Oct 12, 2015
entertaining game vs Attack, even though Sting lost . Against such a fast team you can really see the effect of slow moving dmen Grima and Hatcher. We are going to see more of this until our arguably #1 player ( Rees)
gets back because Ruzicka is sure not picking up the slack. If this is the near future it would be nice to have Perreault get some more quality ice time and see Marko and the younger dmen getting the ice time increased

jwalk

Mar 25, 2006
AJAX
Hughes had a tough go today with a goal scored on a power play and then on an 6 on 5 before he got pulled.
However, Hatcher has been bending over backwards to hand him the reins as the starter. If he doesn't show immediately that he is ready to be the number one guy then IMO the Sting will have to make a trade. Sometimes the goalie has to make the big save. Not seeing anything close to that.

He has to step up . Langevin looks like he has potential to be a really good goalie in the future because he's a battler but IMO he's not ready to be a starter yet. Coffin looks like he has the skill set but he has dropped the ball when given the chance. I like the fact management has been trying to solve this issue in house but something needs to be done soon or the season will be toast.

Hockey 101 dictates that the team needs confidence that the goalie is reliable .Its as simple as that.

OHLFan90

Dec 24, 2013
Ontario

You would have to find a team that had a 16 year old import player last year if thats the course you took. Imports can't be traded for 1 calendar year.

The reality of Ruzicka is, the GM is likely selling low on him.

You have to find a team with an open import slot and even then you're limited.

Radek Faksa deal is a solid comparable.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
How bad has Grima been? He has been noticeably bad. Every goal where you question where the hell the D was on that he seems to be on the ice. Huge disappointment this season.

It's a shame that we cant get our goalie to come up with those big saves when you need them. I cant imagine how frustrating and deflating it is for the team who went out and owned the Knights in the first and then Hughes lets 2 softies in right after the Sting go up.

I said yesterday to a friend that the team needs to try and find an experienced goalie to come in and give this team some confidence. The Sting have the ability to score goals but they can't be expected to have to score 5+ goals every game to have a chance to win.

Reactions: The Howler
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad