Sarnia Sting 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

InSuL1nImP

Feb 11, 2017
I'd love to hear a list of the players you think the current ownership has developed without the player doing so on their own during the summer with the help from outside sources (Not Sting related)

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Well I’m pretty sure every single player in the league workouts and trains with their own sources in the summer as do nhl players so I’m not sure what your point is lol, but I do know the sting hired a skill and development coach from London that the organization never had before.

Reactions: The Howler

InSuL1nImP

Feb 11, 2017
Well I’m pretty sure every single player in the league workouts and trains with their own sources in the summer as do nhl players so I’m not sure what your point is lol, but I do know the sting hired a skill and development coach from London that the organization never had before.
Sorry I should have elaborated. I meant other than what players usually do what players go to specific high end training centers? Poor example but a lot of MMA fighters will have their own gym then half way or 3/4 through their fight camp they will go to the UFC performance institute or another high end place to finish their camp.

davewheeler

Dec 5, 2016
A) 16-17 years old still aren't Kids they aren't young men yet but definitely not kids.
B) It's not bullying. You sound like a crazy mom. This is an opinion forum where no interaction with the players are made. Its people expressing their opinions on hockey players, negative or positive. Look up the definition of bullying. I never called anyone trash but calling someone trash on an opinion forum with no interaction with the player is not bullying.
C) Yes, I agree Hatcher is doing a better job than Cicarelli's. They seem smarter and more professional. However, Cicarelli's towards the end were the worst ownership group in the CHL so literally anything would look better.
D) Don't say I haven't watched the team under Hatcher. Ive been to countless games and watch a ton on Channel 6.
E) Maybe I am different but a big part of how I judge a team is their performance in the playoffs, what I saw last year was the same old Sting in the playoffs. I loved that they went out and got TK the year before, Hated the moves they made last year except for Dinnen. I certainly hope they learned from that Weiss draft year. Massive mistake which is costing them this year.
F) I agree the Sting seem to be trending up but, we will see how committed Hatcher is when his kid leaves. That will be the real test. Attendance will continue to shrink until success in the playoffs is had.

davewheeler

Dec 5, 2016
G) last years playoffs was one of the most disappointing playoffs I can remember. (The year they lost to Erie in the first round with Tenute, Nebury, Carrillo, Fritscche. I think 2002 is the most disappointing)Last years playoffs was the straw that broke my back. Had enough. Done spending money on a team thats never given anything in return. I don't give a crap about a LED band or scoreboard .... I wanna see a OHL final or conference final.

Reactions: InSuL1nImP

InSuL1nImP

Feb 11, 2017
It boggles my mind at how many people were duped into buying season tickets as well as those who buy single game tickets with the prices raised quite a bit for this year (Near top of entire CHL) guess they have to pay for their shitty video board some how. Then they had the audacity to whine and complain to the city that the city didn't chip in any money so the board could be raised and lowered for non-hockey events. (Shouldn't be our tax payers money going to it anyways). The team keeps complaining the city doesn't help them enough meanwhile this team has been nothing but a money pit for years. If the team wanted to be on good terms with the city they would have added the extra money for a board that could be raised or lowered to get on the city's good side thus later on the city being more willing to contribute for extra arena costs. Clearly the team is hurting for money or else they wouldn't have came crawling to Imperial for financial (and other) help.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
They weren’t whining that the city didn’t put money in to raise and lower the video board why would the sting care if the video board raises or lowers for non hockey events? Non hockey events has nothing to do with them... the sting said they asked the city if they wanted to pay for that to be done and the city said no, why would the sting pay for that?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Ferda11

InSuL1nImP

Feb 11, 2017
They weren’t whining that the city didn’t put money in to raise and lower the video board why would the sting care if the video board raises or lowers for non hockey events? Non hockey events has nothing to do with them... the sting said they asked the city if they wanted to pay for that to be done and the city said no, why would the sting pay for that?
Go listen to the radio interviews again

Last edited by a moderator:

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Why would the sting ask the city to pay for it to raise and lower? It already sits exactly how the sting want it lol... like are they going to raise and lower it during intermission to show off what their score clock can do lol? No..... he asked them to pay for that so if the city wanted to put non-events on they could raise it for that event... city said no and the sting couldn’t care less because it doesn’t effect them one bit....it was purely a suggestion from the sting organization to the city to benefit non hockey events before they put up the new score clock.... Abercrombie was whining about upgrades that have been over looked by the city for years, but that’s another can of worms

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
And those upgrades had something to do with dressing rooms and washrooms and that doesn’t just affect the sting, it affects the fans, minor hockey , beers leagues etc.

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
So what do you think will happen with the Blair Coffin situation? His play on Sunday did nothing to get him out of the number 3 spot, and he may not get another relevant minute. If that’s the case, how can he hope to improve, when you don’t get playing time? I’m not expecting Hughes to get pulled away to World Juniors :rolleyes: so no obvious place in the schedule to fit Coffin in the lineup.
???

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
I’d say just release him, let langevin and Hughes fight for the net, ride the hot goalie, when one stops playing good the other goes in

davewheeler

Dec 5, 2016
Cant believe all the people bullying Coffin on here .... he's just trying to live his dream and everyone wants him released.......

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Well if Aidan Hughes has taught us anything is that you can play like crap and still have a spot on the roster. Mind you Coffin has played 1 game and that's not a fair chance imo. I'd give him a few more.

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
Cant believe all the people bullying Coffin on here .... he's just trying to live his dream and everyone wants him released.......
Not bullying him, just saying he’s in a crappy position. Unless something completely unexpected happens, he’s not going to get playing time here. Assuming he likes to play hockey, he needs to have a heart-to-heart discussion with the team management. If he’s going to get another chance to work his way into more ice time with the Sting, then fine and dandy; if not, he needs to get his release and find a place to play more minutes and work at improving his game.
At this point is he in the team’s plans for next year? I don’t know, but he needs to be asking...
If there is school scholarship benefit to him sticking around as #3, then that might be an adequate reason - I don’t know exactly how that works. But as an old goalie, I’d want to play... a lot!

Reactions: robp1219

davewheeler

Dec 5, 2016
Anyways back to hockey ..... I heard Perrault is on Canadian U17. I assumed he was American? or is he one of those dual citizens? Maybe the Sting will have 2 representatives for Canada at the World Juniors soon.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
You keep Langevin & Coffin and trade Hughes. Pretty simple.

You might be the most confusing poster on these boards.

You just got done saying how horrible Coffin is and that you can't believe the Sting brought him up and then you say give Langevin and Hughes the starts the next few weeks and now your saying keep Coffin and trade Hughes....lol. Doesn't sound "pretty simple" to me.

Coffin should get a few more before any decisions are made. That being said Langevin has been the best of the 3 easily.

StingDrone

Sep 21, 2017
topof106.tumblr.com
Start Langevin this weekend vs OS and LDN. He has been the best goalie thus far and should be considered #1. Next Fri/Sat they have a home and home with FLT. Hughes and Coffin each get a start. The goalie with the better weekend stays.

Reactions: Ferda11

StingDrone

Sep 21, 2017
topof106.tumblr.com
Anyways back to hockey ..... I heard Perrault is on Canadian U17. I assumed he was American? or is he one of those dual citizens? Maybe the Sting will have 2 representatives for Canada at the World Juniors soon.
He was born in Montreal so he is a Canadian citizen. Whether he is a dual citizen depends on if his Mother is American or if his Father applied for US citizenship on behalf of the entire family.
If he is dual citizen, he is better off playing for Canada. USA Hockey concentrates more on players in their system and NCAA and tends to ignore most CHL players, especially for WJC rosters

Reactions: davewheeler

InSuL1nImP

Feb 11, 2017
You might be the most confusing poster on these boards.

You just got done saying how horrible Coffin is and that you can't believe the Sting brought him up and then you say give Langevin and Hughes the starts the next few weeks and now your saying keep Coffin and trade Hughes....lol. Doesn't sound "pretty simple" to me.

Coffin should get a few more before any decisions are made. That being said Langevin has been the best of the 3 easily.
Coffin is horrible however I don't believe he is able to be sent down to the Legionnaires. We aren't trading Langevin so the only goalie we are able to trade is Hughes. Nobody would be interested in Coffin. Yes I said I didn't agree with the way they handled the goalie situation last week. The more Hughes plays the worse he will be and the less we will get in a trade for him.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Start Langevin this weekend vs OS and LDN. He has been the best goalie thus far and should be considered #1. Next Fri/Sat they have a home and home with FLT. Hughes and Coffin each get a start. The goalie with the better weekend stays.

I agree, but we all know that wont happen. Hatch is so predicable and Hughes and Langevin will likely split the two games.

BoxerMax

Nov 6, 2010
My opinion on the goal tending situation.

Why still have 3 active goalies on the roster? 17, 18 and 19. I can only believe that the Sting have a trade in the works for either Hughes or Coffin and either the Sting or the trading partner wanted to see Coffin in action. I will give it another week or 2 before we see a move as to the direction this team is going in net.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Boy if we are middle of the pact or lower and Eliot can keep up his pace, teams are going to be fighting over him at the deadline. Salinitri should bring in a decent return aswell.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Be nice if they could get rid of the imports at the deadline, be sad to see Hugo go but I’m sure he could get us quite the return aswell. And hopefully someone over pays for ruzicka lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->