Sarnia Sting 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

davewheeler

Dec 5, 2016
Still don't get the Hatcher hate. I guess it must be because he's the coaches kid. IMO he's come a long way since his first year when he looked kinda lost. He plays ultra physical and tough, I love the way he plays. Id have no problem with Hatcher over Grima or Josling.
I am so damn sick of watching Ruzicka out there, almost to the point where I don't even wanna go to games. If anyone watched the London game last night the London overtime goal, the London player literally walked around Ruzicka with no f'ing effort at all and scored. How are you that old, and that big and can't put effort in the D zone. No one is asking him to be Henrik Zetterberg but damn at least try.
This team needs to sell, everything and anything. Hopefully GM's don't watch ruzicka because they won't want that type of effort in the playoffs. Get any and all picks you can so in 2019 or 2020 you will have assets to move for a playoff run.
Attendance is going to take a nose dive this year and its going to be bad, I can picture between 2-3k a night maybe less. Sarnia has had enough of the playoff chokes and lack of effort. Last years playoff disappointment and this years attendance so far tells that. This team has done absolutely nothing in its existence in Sarnia. I don't know this but, I would be willing to bet Sarnia is the only franchise in the last 25 years, or however long they have been in Sarnia, to not make it past the second round, ever. Eventually, you gotta give a city more than a 2nd round appearance. I don't wanna hear about regular season records last year because imo, thats not impressive. Sarnia has been one of the more abysmal franchises in the OHL. If London, Soo, Guelph, Erie, Windsor, Kitchener or heck even Owen Sound had a record breaking regular season that would be something to brag about, not Sarnia.

dansk55

Jul 30, 2010
agree on the hatcher thing he has improved and only errs when he is outside of his game. Josling and Grima are two early disappointments. As for Ruzika, the guy blew by him because he was standing still. Grima should have helped... that is what teammates do. I like the things new ownership have done, I don't think Hatcher Sr. is a good coach. He's average with a very average team.

Reactions: davewheeler

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
I actually like Hatcher’s physical stay at home game... I would of just liked a better oa defenceman for next year, like Eliot, king, sclitching, Spinozzi, but maybe Hatcher will take another step in his oa year! ...and ya I didn’t watch the whole game, but I thought other than 5-6 mins in third sarnia out played London and I thought sarnia had more and better chances in the Ot aswell...but ya very weak effort by ruzicka and grima... but man foudy came in with a tone of speed and pulled a sick move, got to give him credit on that... as for the team in last 25 years I’m truly disgusted with what the ciccarelis did (which was next to nothing).... I’m much happier with the new owners dedication to put a good team on the ice and make it a more enjoyable experience for the fans off the ice, they have done sooo much more in their 3 years than the ciccarelis did in there 20 years.

Reactions: The Howler

superdee

Oct 17, 2015
Trolling here. Hatcher sucks. Those two elbows he threw last night should have been match penalties. Ray f***ing Charles could have seen that. Burchill and Monette must be on the Sting payroll as the Franco's slassh should have been a match penalty. There are 5 more games left and I can really see it getting ugly unless the league grabs the bull by the horns and suspends both Hatcher and Franco. What goes around comes around. Old man Hatcher was a hack in his day so the apple didn't roll to far from the tree did it??

InSuL1nImP

Feb 11, 2017
This team will finish between 7th-9th place with 10th already locked up by the coach-less Flint Firebirds. (That organization has a lot of hardworking amazing individuals working for them as well as a really dedicated fan base) Making the playoffs should mean absolutely nothing to Sting fans. Every single player(Rees included) should be disposable come trade deadline. We should accumulate as many assets as possible and build for the 2020 season and beyond. Let's hope the new owners don't mess up any drafts. The Weiss & Samuelsson debacle is a complete embarrassment. I'm not sure what everybody's infatuation is with the new owners? They've mentioned numerous times they are ready to re-locate the franchise especially with the lack of help & support from City Hall. (Example: Off season radio interview this past season) Raising the prices of tickets (Being near the top of the entire CHL) is only going to hurt them even more with attendance issues. Having a poor product on the ice is really just the icing on top of the cake. Do any of you expect anything different from Ruzicka? Most European's can't play defense even if their lives depended on it.

Reactions: davewheeler

davewheeler

Dec 5, 2016
Yah I am not saying new ownership hasn't been better. I am happy with them too. However, people don't care who owns the team, they wanna see the Sting do something other than disappoint. Thats why attendance is way down this year and will continue to do so. Last years playoffs were incredibly disappointing its going to carry over to this year.

davewheeler

Dec 5, 2016
Yes, ticket prices are stupid high.... Beer prices are stupid high too. The sting should be the cheapest ticket in the league. I wouldn't be shocked to see the sting out of Sarnia in the near future.

InSuL1nImP

Feb 11, 2017
Mississauga, Sarnia, Hamilton are all looking to relocate. One of Hamilton/Mississauga will most likely move to Brantford/Burlington. While the other will move to some where in New York State. Sarnia will move to Chatham. I've also heard Cornwall has/was been pushing for a team but nothing has come to fruition due to lack of arena.

Edit: Cornwall spelling mistake.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Chatham are you kidding me? What arena, half the population? Don’t see it happening..., hate to say it but sarnia is a terrible hockey town

davewheeler

Dec 5, 2016
Chatham are you kidding me? What arena, half the population? Don’t see it happening..., hate to say it but sarnia is a terrible hockey town
Sarnia is not a terrible hockey town.... Sarnia was a better hockey city than London before the Hunters took over the Knights. I remember London in the Ice house... half full at best. While the SSEC was sold out for 4 years straight. Every Canadian city is a hockey city if the team is WINNING.

davewheeler

Dec 5, 2016

InSuL1nImP

Feb 11, 2017
Money talks and teams move where the money is end of story. No not every city in Canada is a hockey city. Just ask Mississauga, Brampton, Hamilton. Still not much support even when those teams were winning. The Marlies can barely get any support and they just won the Calder Cup last year.

davewheeler

Dec 5, 2016
Yah money talks and trust me, the money is not in Chatham. If the money was in Chatham there would be a team there by now. Explain to me how you think there is more money in Chatham? Chatham has a population of 43,000. What big sponsors does Chatham have to offer? You always hear people mention Chatham, yet the keep being overlooked, for good reason. You're right ... Toronto is not a hockey city, you win. I do agree, I don't think Brampton, Missy and Hammy are OHL cities, just too big and too much going on to support an OHL team.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Reesor and langevin very impressive tonight, I think our defence are solid, extremely hard working team... I see a 6 finish this year if the team stays healthy for the most part

davewheeler

Dec 5, 2016
Reesor and langevin very impressive tonight, I think our defence are solid, extremely hard working team... I see a 6 finish this year if the team stays healthy for the most part
Agree 100% Upon further thought, this is the first year in a longggggg time where there hasn't been 1,2, 3 or 4 absolutely dominating teams in the West. Its up for grabs. Maybe the Sting can make it happen. Ill wait a bit longer to make a judgement on selling players.

Reactions: robp1219

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Ya still have no idea what chatham has to offer that sarnia doesn’t.... half the people, half the sponsors? No ohl caliber arena ?.... and ya idk I went to the sting game tonight and I watched a hard working sting team beat a good Guelph team... game was fast paced, exciting, couple highly skilled plays by each team and real good saves... that’s what I go to the rink to see, been great that the sting have won the majority of their games the last 3 seasons... and the money the organization has put into the rink has been a bonus.... wouldn’t name the new owners for wanting to move

Reactions: The Howler

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Reesor is big fast, defensively sound, and plays his heart out, bright future for him and langevin, Perrault is a pure sniper and he works hard, glad Mcgregor hugo and jos are back together they are awesome... need Rees back!!!!

Last edited:

InSuL1nImP

Feb 11, 2017
Chatham-Kent has a population over 100,000. If the money isn't already there it will be in the very near future of a booming population. https://www.chatham-kent.ca/Newcome...ck/chatham-kent-is-a-2018-millennial-hot-spot. The city of Sarnia is declining in ALL aspects in which go against keeping a OHL team here. I have continued to prove my point to all of you and have nothing more to say to people that close a blind eye to what I am talking about. Moving on it's amazing to see a complete night and day change between last nights game and tonight. Could it be safe to say the players tonight made a statement on who they'd prefer to have in the crease? (Langevin)

three dog night

May 3, 2014

three dog night

May 3, 2014
Money talks and teams move where the money is end of story. No not every city in Canada is a hockey city. Just ask Mississauga, Brampton, Hamilton. Still not much support even when those teams were winning. The Marlies can barely get any support and they just won the Calder Cup last year.
Check again the Marlies average over six thousand a game

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Over 100,000?

Attachments

• 49E38259-3CFB-438B-B4C3-AE2E864D603F.png
    49E38259-3CFB-438B-B4C3-AE2E864D603F.png
    238.8 KB · Views: 8

Flyers 1st

Oct 12, 2015
Status
Not open for further replies.