Sarnia Sting 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cupcrazyman

Stupid Sexy Flanders
Aug 14, 2006
Leafland
I know the season isn’t over but what does everyone think the roster/lines could look like next year, who will be there overagers?will anyone be traded in the offseason? Will any Americans come over? Will the sting have two Imports in the roster?

Legwands hockey connections with Yanic Perreault got his son here.Time for Hatcher to start pulling some strings.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Legwands hockey connections with Yanic Perreault got his son here.Time for Hatcher to start pulling some strings.
Be nice if Kevin Hatcher could talk some of these honeybaked players to come over (nodler,Miller) since he’s part of that aaa program. Maybe Jacob can talk to his buddy schingoethe to joining him in sarnia next season.

InSuL1nImP

Feb 11, 2017
Does anybody know how the City Hall meeting went today? From the few tweets I saw tonight it doesn't seem like it went good at all and got completely nowhere?

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
I know the season isn’t over but what does everyone think the roster/lines could look like next year, who will be there overagers?will anyone be traded in the offseason? Will any Americans come over? Will the sting have two Imports in the roster?
Really early to predict but mine would be (if McGregor returns) ~
Guy-McGregor-Josling
Tabak-Rees-Perreault
McCombs-Hill-Saye
Redick-Burke-X

Hatcher-Kammerer
Reesor-X
Dillingham-Jako/Hogue

Langevin/Lamour

If this is how it plays out means Sarnia most likely traded Martin & Grima. Not sure Egert will have a market.

Hopefully throw in two imports, first & 2nd round picks (maybe 4th/5th) in OHL draft & hopefully one or two of Miller, Nodler, Schingoethe, McCarthy (all USA).

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
Guy-McGregor-Josling
Tabak-Rees-Perreault
McCombs-Hill-Saye
Redick-Burke-X

Hatcher-Kammerer
Reesor-X
Dillingham-Jako/Hogue

Langevin/Lamour

If this is how it plays out means Sarnia most likely traded Martin & Grima. Not sure Egert will have a market.

Hopefully throw in two imports, first & 2nd round picks (maybe 4th/5th) in OHL draft & hopefully one or two of Miller, Nodler, Schingoethe, McCarthy (all USA).
Basically agree with most of what you say.
However, I’d like to see our #1 import draft on your second line and have the 3rd line consist of Tabak/Hill/#1 North American draft.
4th line would be some combination of Burke, Saye, Degurse, our 2nd round NA draft, free agent, or returns for Grima, Martin, or perhaps Egert...
If McGregor doesn’t return, keep Martin.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Guy-McGregor-Josling
Tabak-Rees-Perreault
McCombs-Hill-Saye
Redick-Burke-X

Hatcher-Kammerer
Reesor-X
Dillingham-Jako/Hogue

Langevin/Lamour

I agree, I don’t think McCarthy will be coming over, i think we have a better chance with the other 3 tho, and I don’t see hogue with the team with the fall either, I think he should be traded for a draft pick

Last edited:

jwalk

Mar 25, 2006
AJAX
Guy-McGregor-Josling
Tabak-Rees-Perreault
McCombs-Hill-Saye
Redick-Burke-X

Hatcher-Kammerer
Reesor-X
Dillingham-Jako/Hogue

Langevin/Lamour

Hopefully throw in two imports, first & 2nd round picks (maybe 4th/5th) in OHL draft & hopefully one or two of Miller, Nodler, Schingoethe, McCarthy (all USA).[/QUOTE}

Last edited:

jwalk

Mar 25, 2006
AJAX
Guy-McGregor-Josling
Tabak-Rees-Perreault
McCombs-Hill-Saye
Redick-Burke-X

Hatcher-Kammerer
Reesor-X
Dillingham-Jako/Hogue

Langevin/Lamour

On defence I would expect that Brendan Kennette will also be in the mix for a job. There could also be at least one Import defenceman and at least one 2003 born defenceman also in the competition for a job besides the guys you have listed above. If one of the US born flyer picks can be convinced to sign the competition will also heat up as the other players get bumped down the depth chart.

For the forwards the top 6 you have listed already look good and that competition could intensify depending on who they draft in the Import draft. ( or if the get lucky on one of the flyer picks reporting ). I think there is a pretty good chance that McGregor and Josling should both be back for their OA years and if available I would expect that along with Hatcher that's who the team will keep.

The real competition among the forwards should be in the bottom 6. Along with some of the bottom 6 forwards you have listed above ( you could also include DeGurse into this group) you will also potentially have 2 Import Forward players and at least 1 ( any maybe more) 2003 born forwards in an intense competition for those jobs. This where developing players in house really pays dividends,

I could also see Sinclair wanting to add at least another 2000 born player to the mix because the team is so young. There's no question that some of the 01 and 02 group that currently have cards will either be moved out or will be cut.

The good news for the fans is that the team looks like it should have a really solid top 6 forward group and top 4 defence and that the competition for the rest of the jobs should be intense. The other good news is that both Lamour and Langevin look like they both have a lot of potential and either might develop into a solid starter in this league.

My prediction is that this team should be Top 4 in the West next year even with the loss of some of the top scorers after this season. The real payoff should be in the season after when the whole 01 group hit 19.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
On defence I would expect that Brendan Kennette will also be in the mix for a job. There could also be at least one Import defenceman and at least one 2003 born defenceman also in the competition for a job besides the guys you have listed above. If one of the US born flyer picks can be convinced to sign the competition will also heat up as the other players get bumped down the depth chart.

For the forwards the top 6 you have listed already look good and that competition could intensify depending on who they draft in the Import draft. ( or if the get lucky on one of the flyer picks reporting ). I think there is a pretty good chance that McGregor and Josling should both be back for their OA years and if available I would expect that along with Hatcher that's who the team will keep.

The real competition among the forwards should be in the bottom 6. Along with some of the bottom 6 forwards you have listed above ( you could also include DeGurse into this group) you will also potentially have 2 Import Forward players and at least 1 ( any maybe more) 2003 born forwards in an intense competition for those jobs. This where developing players in house really pays dividends,

I could also see Sinclair wanting to add at least another 2000 born player to the mix because the team is so young. There's no question that some of the 01 and 02 group that currently have cards will either be moved out or will be cut.

The good news for the fans is that the team looks like it should have a really solid top 6 forward group and top 4 defence and that the competition for the rest of the jobs should be intense. The other good news is that both Lamour and Langevin look like they both have a lot of potential and either might develop into a solid starter in this league.

My prediction is that this team should be Top 4 in the West next year even with the loss of some of the top scorers after this season. The real payoff should be in the season after when the whole 01 group hit 19.
I wanted to add Kennette. Just haven't seen him this year. Pretty solid numbers for the Legionnaires. He was impressive at camp I thought. If Hogue is dealt he could definitely replace him. IF we could get two solid imports & do well in the OHL draft again as well as sign one or two of the Amercians we should definitely be a solid team. Definitely agree with adding one or two 2000s. I think a puck moving Dman should be a main priority whether that's in Import Draft, OHL Draft or a trade.

jwalk

Mar 25, 2006
AJAX
I wanted to add Kennette. Just haven't seen him this year. Pretty solid numbers for the Legionnaires. He was impressive at camp I thought. If Hogue is dealt he could definitely replace him. IF we could get two solid imports & do well in the OHL draft again as well as sign one or two of the Amercians we should definitely be a solid team. Definitely agree with adding one or two 2000s. I think a puck moving Dman should be a main priority whether that's in Import Draft, OHL Draft or a trade.

I agree . A puck moving offensive defenceman should be right at the top of the Sting's wish list. Probably more likely to find one of those type of players in the Priority Selection than in the Import Draft as you don't see many offensive defencemen available in the Import Draft. ( it's tough enough just trying to find a good player who you are confident will report ).
THe thing that would be a huge leg up would be to convince on or more of these flier picks to report. That could change the whole dynamic of the team.

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
Based on what I’ve seen in the past month, I think Dillingham could be an excellent puck moving defenseman. He appears to be just choosing to play the stay at home d-man but there have been glimpses of offensive potential IMO.

Reactions: The Howler

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Based on what I’ve seen in the past month, I think Dillingham could be an excellent puck moving defenseman. He appears to be just choosing to play the stay at home d-man but there have been glimpses of offensive potential IMO.
I’ve noticed the same thing, I think it’s because he was a fresh rookie brought up halfway through the season, so he’s rather play better defensively before taking chances offensively, I heard kennette plays similar style of hockey and I think I remember someone saying he’s a good skater

davewheeler

Dec 5, 2016
They better get there #$%t together or they will be watching playoffs from the living room.
Very disappointed with this team, to the point where my interest is now gone. A shame too because I thought this team could be a sleeper come playoffs. Sarnia loading up for 2021 but I bet London is still way better.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Very disappointed with this team, to the point where my interest is now gone. A shame too because I thought this team could be a sleeper come playoffs. Sarnia loading up for 2021 but I bet London is still way better.
London being better than every other team in the league, why is this surprising to you, they have a bigger city, big better arena, and now a good reputation of developing. You should be use to this and if you aren’t get use to it because it will never change.

davewheeler

Dec 5, 2016
London being better than every other team in the league, why is this surprising to you, they have a bigger city, big better arena, and now a good reputation of developing. You should be use to this and if you aren’t get use to it because it will never change.
What the hell are you talking about? Where did I say I would be surprised if London is better in 2021? I said I bet London will probably be way better in 2021, which to most people who think before commenting, would suggest I am very use to London being the best, I expect it, and I don't see it ever changing. Try reading a comment, thinking about it for a bit, then decide a proper response.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
you Need to settle it down there bud lol, why even mention 2021 in the first place, it’s two years away and every team loads up to battle the knights each year, you are just commenting on stuff that happens every year

davewheeler

Dec 5, 2016
you Need to settle it down there bud lol, why even mention 2021 in the first place, it’s two years away and every team loads up to battle the knights each year, you are just commenting on stuff that happens every year
I am calm I just don't like when people say things I didn't say, seems to happen quite a bit ...... I'm talking 2021 because thats all I hear in here.... ohh wait till 2021 it will get better. Also, I don't see any evidence to suggest that this team will be any good next year. The team this year has completely given up.... I am a firm believe that winning is contagious but so is losing, this franchise hands down a losing attitude and culture to its younger players almost every damn year. This team is in line to get the 6th maybe even the 5th pick..... embarrassing.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Not sure what Hatcher was thinking tonight. Starting Lamour on a back to back? Why not Langevin he deserved the start. Throwing all the lines into a blender without a practice & didn't utilize his timeout in the 2nd..

Flyers 1st

Oct 12, 2015
Not sure what Hatcher was thinking tonight. Starting Lamour on a back to back? Why not Langevin he deserved the start. Throwing all the lines into a blender without a practice & didn't utilize his timeout in the 2nd..
Maybe the coaching staff becoming unglued. No cohesion in the rolling of the 4 lines, Hugo looked absolutely lost , go back to the lines that were putting up the multi goal games.Did Legwand beak off to the ref to take the bench minor in the 3rd.? Not the best time to do that, didn't gain anything

massey

Sep 5, 2012
Lots of tough games for the Sting to finish the season,We will be very lucky to make playoffs playing like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad