Sarnia Sting 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cub

Apr 11, 2012
I'm not too impressed with him. Wish he played the body more. Hopefully if he puts on some weight and that part of his game will hopefully improve. I don't find any skill set of his special right now. But he is young and with experience he may develop into a quality player when he is 19/20.

thanks he has showed some glimpse of promise at times. To me he dropped off from last year, needs to use his big frame to his advantage. I agree he is more of developmental project, could be good down the road.

Reactions: BoxerMax

jwalk

Mar 25, 2006
AJAX
How is Tabak making out?
Tabak looks like he has big potential and could become a dominating player. For a fourth round pick he looks like a great gamble by Sinclair but Tabak needs to start to produce some offensive numbers to validate this potential.
To get this kid for a fourth rounder and possible futures he must've wanted out. Its always better to be on the aquiring side of one of those deals. A lot of fourth rounder picks dont even play in the league. The kid is only 17.If he can find his stride with the Sting this could be a steal.

jwalk

Mar 25, 2006
AJAX
Interesting interview with Bill Abercrombie and Terry Doyle . Abercrombie says that the Sting are actively trying to convince some of the older draft picks to report . Doubt he would be mentioning this in an interview unless the Sting felt there was a pretty good chance that this might happen. There's no question that the strong young core that this team has put together is not going unnnoticed by some of the quality picks that they are trying to get to report.

bobbygore

Jun 27, 2011
It’s highly unlikely that Hugo will be back but if there’s any chance the Sting could bring him back for an OA season that would be huge . He’d be the number one 99 on my list by a mile .

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Interesting interview with Bill Abercrombie and Terry Doyle . Abercrombie says that the Sting are actively trying to convince some of the older draft picks to report . Doubt he would be mentioning this in an interview unless the Sting felt there was a pretty good chance that this might happen. There's no question that the strong young core that this team has put together is not going unnnoticed by some of the quality picks that they are trying to get to report.
I agree seems odd that he would say that at this point of the season, if they could get two of them to come over especially a defenceman it would help a lot... big win tonight with guy and Rees missing, I say give langevin more of the remaining games I love his compete level, never give up attitude from that guy, and lamour is a solid back up. That’s the way I’d run the goalies from here on out

Last edited:

cupcrazyman

Stupid Sexy Flanders
Aug 14, 2006
Leafland

Is there a link for the interview ?

bobbygore

Jun 27, 2011
With tonight’s win and Erie’s loss the Sting are now 8 points in front of Erie for the final playoff spot with 8 games left . Erie has 3 games in hand .
With the loss of Rees just getting into the playoffs should be the main goal .

The Howler

Dec 9, 2015
Possibly the worst refereed game I’ve ever seen. Both ways!
Obviously graduates from the Kerry Fraser school of officiating. Take the game completely away from the players! Ay caramba!!!
You are correct, the officiating today had a direct result of the game. Guys like these 4 should be put on probation. The OHL has aprox 40 referee's andaprox 53 linesmen ...and we end up with these 4.

Reactions: bear6

massey

Sep 5, 2012
Erie has the harder schedule although that may not mean much.depends who wants it bad enough.win the one game left with them is a start

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
Erie has the harder schedule although that may not mean much.depends who wants it bad enough.win the one game left with them is a start
Need to beat Erie, Windsor and win both Flint games. Any of the other 3 would be a bonus, but they have to win the “winnable” games. That should be good enough to get 6th or 7th seed and have a shot at winning a game or two in the playoffs. I’m just not sure our goaltending and general defensive play is good enough to steal a series, but would love to be proven wrong

Reactions: The Howler

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Hoping Sarnia stays in 7th. I think we have a much greater chance to win a game or two vs the Greyhounds rather than Guelph. Especially once Rees, Guy & Hatcher return.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Hoping Sarnia stays in 7th. I think we have a much greater chance to win a game or two vs the Greyhounds rather than Guelph. Especially once Rees, Guy & Hatcher return.
Give them some payback for a few years ago when They came in as the heavy underdogs and beat us out in 7, maybe one of our goalies will shine under the pressure of the playoff atmosphere games (I’d start langevin). Work hard and get some lucky bounces and anything can happen in junior hockey.

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
Not much chance we’d play Guelph. Would have to rise to 5th seed, passing both Owen Sound and Kitchener. Guelph is pretty much a lock on 4th seed.
With London’s recent crappy play, there’s no guarantee that they finish first in the conference. If Soo beats Saginaw tonight, they’re only 2 points behind London... if Saginaw beats Soo, they’re tied for the division lead and 4 points behind London.
Lots of games among Soo, London and Saggy between now and the end of the season. Any of those three could finish 1, 2 or 3 seed in my opinion. If our guys play to their abilities, ought to be able to get a game or two on any of them.

Last edited:

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
In the biggest game of the year Sarnia lays a dud. Inexcusable after a week off. Now missing the playoffs could be a legit thing. Terrible.

bobbygore

Jun 27, 2011
In the biggest game of the year Sarnia lays a dud. Inexcusable after a week off. Now missing the playoffs could be a legit thing. Terrible.

It’s probably unlikely but the Sting badly need to try and squeeze out at least one point in the Niagara game today .
Last nights effort was a huge disappointment . It’s gut check time today .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->