Sarnia Sting 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Ouch! Ice dogs were fined $250 000 and lose their 2019 and 2021 first round picks. Wonder if more teams get caught soon.

Attachments

• D69A2253-BE71-49A3-8AF7-A408CA56CA03.png
    D69A2253-BE71-49A3-8AF7-A408CA56CA03.png
    722.4 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
Reactions: three dog night

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
Lots of tough games for the Sting to finish the season,We will be very lucky to make playoffs playing like this.
They’re making every game tough.
On the bright side, perhaps they’re getting ready to take a run at much earlier draft picks... :laugh:
could get as high as 3rd pick, at present pace!

Reactions: robp1219

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
They’re making every game tough.
On the bright side, perhaps they’re getting ready to take a run at much earlier draft picks... :laugh:
could get as high as 3rd pick, at present pace!
Sting should have traded Hugo and eliot, would of had more draft picks going into this draft and they couldn’t be doin much worse than they are now lol

InSuL1nImP

Feb 11, 2017
Sting should have traded Hugo and eliot, would of had more draft picks going into this draft and they couldn’t be doin much worse than they are now lol
It's hard to trade import players in this league let alone 2 of them (Hugo, Ruzicka). Sting were probably asking too much for Eliot.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
It's hard to trade import players in this league let alone 2 of them (Hugo, Ruzicka). Sting were probably asking too much for Eliot.
I’m sure teams were asking about Hugo, and ya I’m saying sarnia should of took best offer they got for Eliot teams were definitely asking about him.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
I’m sure teams were asking about Hugo, and ya I’m saying sarnia should of took best offer they got for Eliot teams were definitely asking about him.
They definitely should have traded Eliot. But who knows what teams were offering if it wasn't close to fair you don't take it. This team has the talent to be 5th or 6th but for some reason can't string together many good games. Defense was a joke vs Windsor. Honestly it's probably better long term to come 8th and get it over with. It was unrealistic anyway to think we could have beat in Guelph in the first round. Only difference finishing 7/8 over 5/6 will be 1, maybe 2 playoff games.

LR8

Mar 8, 2018
Many teams never fully embrace their direction no matter it be rebuild or run at cup. It is amazing really - like they know what they should be doing but are afraid to fully commit for fear they screw it up. Just this year teams that did not fully pull the trigger in either direction include Ottawa, Sudbury, Pete’s, North Bay, sarnia, flint, Owen sound, and could make arguement about lots of others as well. Teams just don’t seem to go all on once a direction is determined. Only thing worse than not doing fill tear down is not loading up when you have the core of a champion. Every team is sscond guess right now - every single one.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Ugly win, but hey it’s 2 points over one of the best in the west, the coaching staff must of had a chat with the 19 and 20 year olds to start playing like vets and leading this team. Perrault had a slick shootout winner on Prosvetov.

Reactions: Houndsfan22

massey

Sep 5, 2012
Rees might get a few games off for the hit on Coskey.

I like Rees playing with a bit of meaness but he has to learn to contain it.He has been taking stupid penalties,(he is not the only one) and the refs are now calling it.Perrault is also getting caught also.Most of Grima's are just stupid.The penalties have been hurting the Sting because it breaks down the momentum and keeps our 4th line off the ice. Lucky win yesterday but still have a hard road ahead.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
I like Rees playing with a bit of meaness but he has to learn to contain it.He has been taking stupid penalties,(he is not the only one) and the refs are now calling it.Perrault is also getting caught also.Most of Grima's are just stupid.The penalties have been hurting the Sting because it breaks down the momentum and keeps our 4th line off the ice. Lucky win yesterday but still have a hard road ahead.
I love Rees’s play aswell, and Perrault works hard too but less physical, Coaches need to get on Perreault and Rees about unnecessary penalties while they are young, grima on the other hand should know by now he’s a vet in this league.

dansk55

Jul 30, 2010
so how many games will Rees get for his "little bit of meanness". My guess is 10-15. Again he took another cheap shot at the Sag kid and looks like he might be out for the season. Anyone know how he is?

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI
so how many games will Rees get for his "little bit of meanness". My guess is 10-15. Again he took another cheap shot at the Sag kid and looks like he might be out for the season. Anyone know how he is?

According to a poster on the Saginaw board who is familer with Coskey, he apparently broke his jaw due to the hit.

BoxerMax

Nov 6, 2010

My guess is 8-10.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Rees probably gets 10ish games and Sounds like Guy might miss a few weeks. Horrible time with only 10 games left.. McGregor, Hugo, Josling & Sproviero are gunna have to carry this team big time from here on out.

BoxerMax

Nov 6, 2010
How is Tabak making out?

I'm not too impressed with him. Wish he played the body more. Hopefully if he puts on some weight and that part of his game will hopefully improve. I don't find any skill set of his special right now. But he is young and with experience he may develop into a quality player when he is 19/20.

Reactions: cub
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad