Sarnia Sting 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwalk

Mar 25, 2006
AJAX
Question.....

Would you rather the Sting finish 5th or 6th and get a match up with GUE/SSM/SAG in the first round?

OR

Finish 8th, get London 1st round and a likely the 5th or 6th overall pick?

I'd like to see this team try and finish as high as they possibly can in the standings. I think it would do this young group a world of good if they could win a playoff round or at least go deep into a playoff series. I think this could give them a lot of confidence for the future.
Lamour could be very key to the Sting's playoff hopes. Even though his stats arent great the kid is highly athletic and if he could get hot come playoff time he might give the Sting a chance against some of the middle tier teams. If this group could win even one round this year it could be very positive for the future.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Big win for Sarnia, lamour looking good, both goalies playing steady and gaining confidence! Kammerer continues strong play... might be able to get a decent draft pick in return for Martin next year , he’s playing well, guy is also playing well.....two big games for the sting this weekend, I personally think both are winnable, if sarnia plays hard and good team defence and steady goaltending against Sudbury there is no reason we can’t beat them, north bay is a must win game.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Howler

jwalk

Mar 25, 2006
AJAX
With the turmoil going on in Owen Sound this would be an opportune time to try and move up into 5th in the Conference although the Attack have a couple of games in hand. Not much is really expected of the Sting this year because the core is so young so they don't really have much pressure on them heading towards the playoffs. They should be pretty loose at this stage of the game compared to the team's that have high expectations because of trades.

Reactions: robp1219

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
With the turmoil going on in Owen Sound this would be an opportune time to try and move up into 5th in the Conference although the Attack have a couple of games in hand. Not much is really expected of the Sting this year because the core is so young so they don't really have much pressure on them heading towards the playoffs. They should be pretty loose at this stage of the game compared to the team's that have high expectations because of trades.
I agree that the Attack could possibly move down. They also traded away more talent than the Sting did. They have grumbled about their goaltending as much as we have, as well.
My concern about getting to 5th is actually Kitchener. I think they’re at least as good as our guys. It will ultimately come down to the team with the most heart and better goaltending, as to who finishes 5 thru 8.
This weekend’s games and next weekend vs KIT will give a pretty good indication of what we might expect.

bobbygore

Jun 27, 2011
Great comeback by the Sting ! Should be a character building win for the boys .
Jacob Perreault continues to really impress .
He is one of the best first rounders that the Sting have ever drafted .

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Huge win today. What a comeback. I feel like Langevin has had a ton of these type of starts where he plays well but his stats aren't great. Goaltending has been really solid lately. Hopefully it continues!

Reactions: bobbygore

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
I like langevin and lamour going into next season! I really think hogue needs to be traded in the off-season I think it will benefit him and the sting ...replace him with kennette and maybe an import pick to replace Eliot, I like the defence going into next season... I really didn’t like jako’S game last year but he’s really improved and man is he tough, Hatcher brings solid defence and great hits, I think Kammerer will be a real good two way defenceman next year, reesor is a great shut down guy, and dillingham is good defensively and I think will develop like Kammerer, hopefully we can find another two way dman to get more offence from the back end. If those goalies and defence continue to improve, I think sarnia will be good defensively next year, and those defence will be tough to play against every night!

Reactions: The Howler

davewheeler

Dec 5, 2016
haha Sting Management was touring the new part of the College today. Perhaps they have a Memorial Cup bid in mind. Also, another hotel going up on Venetian BLVD. Would love to see a bid.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
haha Sting Management was touring the new part of the College today. Perhaps they have a Memorial Cup bid in mind. Also, another hotel going up on Venetian BLVD. Would love to see a bid.
Who was all at the college from the sting?!

dansk55

Jul 30, 2010
I like langevin and lamour going into next season! I really think hogue needs to be traded in the off-season I think it will benefit him and the sting ...replace him with kennette and maybe an import pick to replace Eliot, I like the defence going into next season... I really didn’t like jako’S game last year but he’s really improved and man is he tough, Hatcher brings solid defence and great hits, I think Kammerer will be a real good two way defenceman next year, reesor is a great shut down guy, and dillingham is good defensively and I think will develop like Kammerer, hopefully we can find another two way dman to get more offence from the back end. If those goalies and defence continue to improve, I think sarnia will be good defensively next year, and those defence will be tough to play against every night!
so you what do you really think about the defence?

InSuL1nImP

Feb 11, 2017
Might have more to do with the Esports collaboration this upcoming weekend.

davewheeler

Dec 5, 2016

OK but, Esports has nothing to do with the new addition to the college,E sports is literally at the opposite end to the new addition, The event isn't in the new part of the college, its at the SSEC ... Esports even its until Sunday, I saw them on Tuesday, nothing is even set up for Esports ... anywhere. So put that all together and you get ... Sting management touring Esports in the wrong section of the college, In the wrong building, at the wrong time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Word is Hugo has informed Sting management that he wont be returning next season. If he doesn't get a contract to play in the AHL at least then he will go back over seas to play at home.

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
Looks like a good turnout for Saturday game vs Guelph. Hope the guys can get at least one or two points against them in the home & home.
Sunday Kitchener game could tell a lot as to whether Sting have a crack at the 5/6 spots.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Word is Hugo has informed Sting management that he wont be returning next season. If he doesn't get a contract to play in the AHL at least then he will go back over seas to play at home.
Really unfortunate if true. Such a great player to watch. But for him and the team it makes sense. If Sarnia could get two solid '01s in the import draft that would be massive. Grow with the set '01/'02 group we have now and hopefully become an elite team for the 20-21/21-22 seasons.

Reactions: Ferda11

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
They will probably end up with 02 players in the import draft I’d think, I really wasn’t expecting Hugo back in sarnia, josling an Hatcher are locks as OA’s next year, be nice is we get Mcgregor for another year I can really see it happening to, Toronto sent back Sean durzi to Owen sounds and he was much more successful in the O, if we don’t get mcgregor back I’d say Martin as the third, TrAde grima and egert for picks if there services are wanted, I’d assume someone will want grima.

Reactions: Texcanuck

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
Really unfortunate if true. Such a great player to watch. But for him and the team it makes sense. If Sarnia could get two solid '01s in the import draft that would be massive. Grow with the set '01/'02 group we have now and hopefully become an elite team for the 20-21/21-22 seasons.
Might be a lot of players gone before the second pick comes around, since all 3 leagues are in the import rotation. Might be in the team’s best interest to draft one guy who will surely report and use the second on an absolute low-probability high-talent long shot. If that guy doesn’t report, then an open O/A spot could be used like Sudbury did to pick up Ruzicka at the trade deadline, if the team’s performance warrants it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->