Sarnia Sting 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cupcrazyman

Stupid Sexy Flanders
Aug 14, 2006
Leafland
Former Sting player Alan Letang named OS Attack interm coach after Todd Gill was fired.Former Sting Jordan Hill is also an assistant with the team

Reactions: The Howler

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
Have the rest of the season ticket holders had a chance to look at the remaining 9 tickets for this year’s games? It’s a bittersweet look at the past few years and the recurring issue that’s become a signature of the Sting.
Of the remaining 9 tribute tickets, an incredible SIX of the players didn’t stay for their 19-year old season. Specifically, Galchenyuk, Yakupov, Goldobin, Chychrun, Zacha and Konecny... we never got to see any of these guys play a final year.
Sure hope we have better outcomes with Rees, Perreault and future first rounders!

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
If Perrault keeps progressing off this season we might not see him in his 18 year old season

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
If Perrault keeps progressing off this season we might not see him in his 18 year old season

I think you will see Perrault in his 18 year old season, not so far about his 19 year old season though.
Pretty sure Windsor has similar feelings about Cuylle and Foudy, like I think about Perrault.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
I think you will see Perrault in his 18 year old season, not so far about his 19 year old season though.
Pretty sure Windsor has similar feelings about Cuylle and Foudy, like I think about Perrault.
Ya I think so too, but I also thought chychrun was coming back after a very subpar year and only playing a season and a half of junior hockey and falling big time in the draft, I think he could of used atleast one if not two more year in junior, Arizona messed up I think

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Have the rest of the season ticket holders had a chance to look at the remaining 9 tickets for this year’s games? It’s a bittersweet look at the past few years and the recurring issue that’s become a signature of the Sting.
Of the remaining 9 tribute tickets, an incredible SIX of the players didn’t stay for their 19-year old season. Specifically, Galchenyuk, Yakupov, Goldobin, Chychrun, Zacha and Konecny... we never got to see any of these guys play a final year.
Sure hope we have better outcomes with Rees, Perreault and future first rounders!
Sarnia has had some terrible luck when it comes to players returning. Just recently Konecny, Chychrun, Rymsha, Pezzetta all IMO should have returned. Not only did it make those teams worse but you lose out on potentially selling them off for young players and picks. Hopefully don't have same bad luck with McGregor next year.

Reactions: robp1219

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
How deep is the talent pool for this years OHL draft? Sting likely picking in the top 10. Be huge to land another stud like Rees or Perrault.

Reactions: robp1219

InSuL1nImP

Feb 11, 2017
How deep is the talent pool for this years OHL draft? Sting likely picking in the top 10. Be huge to land another stud like Rees or Perrault.
Getting Liam Arnsby or Brenden Sirizzotti would be massive for this club. However the Sting like doing things the wrong way so I could see them doing something like picking Luke Hughes.

dansk55

Jul 30, 2010
we should be happy we saw them play and to wish them well..

Reactions: BoxerMax

dansk55

Jul 30, 2010
Sarnia has had some terrible luck when it comes to players returning. Just recently Konecny, Chychrun, Rymsha, Pezzetta all IMO should have returned. Not only did it make those teams worse but you lose out on potentially selling them off for young players and picks. Hopefully don't have same bad luck with McGregor next year.
Not returning you mean. rymsha and pezzetta overagers the next year. Konecny had three years in O. Chychrun two.. those who don't make it, end up being the party guys and lead to a sting team that is average at best. It is the GM who needs to have the guile to weed them out...picks dont win championships... players with character, like McGregor do.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Getting Liam Arnsby or Brenden Sirizzotti would be massive for this club. However the Sting like doing things the wrong way so I could see them doing something like picking Luke Hughes.
Yep sting definitely made the wrong moves in the last two first rounds..... Oo ya no they didn’t, couldn’t of picked better.... literally

Last edited:

InSuL1nImP

Feb 11, 2017
Yep sting definitely made the wrong moves in the last two first rounds..... Oo ya no they didn’t, couldn’t of picked better.... literally
Where did I ever say they went wrong the last two drafts? Don't put words in my mouth that I NEVER said.

cupcrazyman

Stupid Sexy Flanders
Aug 14, 2006
Leafland

I blame all this on our scouting staff ! :laugh:

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
I never said you said that, so I guess I didn’t put words in your mouth... you said “sting like doing things the wrong way” and you were talking about this years first round pick selection, so I’m questioning why you said they like doing things the wrong way? Ya they took an American 3 years ago in Weiss and it didn’t workout for them, but they learned from their mistake and sure as hell made up for it the last two years picking rees and Perrault... not sure how they went wrong with those picks.

jwalk

Mar 25, 2006
AJAX

Part of the issue with a lot of these guys were that they were either top 5 OHL or Import picks (three were number one overall ) who the Sting drafted ( or traded for in the case of Konecny ) because of the fact that they were dead last in the league the year before. There is a lot bigger risk of having these guys for only 2 years than the average pick.
No offence to either Rees or Perreault but I think there is a good chance that both should be in Sarnia for at least the next 2 years. As I've stated before I believe the Sting should be a very exciting team to watch for the next few years which is no easy feat with only 2 2000 born players on the roster.

Reactions: dansk55

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
The Scout & Prospect Pipeline are two good accounts on Twitter to follow for draft stuff. From everything I've read the top half of round 1 is good but there is a boat load of American kids that are committed to schools. Really hoping we don't take another US kid that won't come in round 1.

StingDrone

Sep 21, 2017
topof106.tumblr.com
Rees' hit was not a head check. He hit Hayes at chest level and was knocked out cold when he was hit by Perreault's knees and skates when he landed. I have pictures of the check and I will get them posted to my blog page in the next day or two. I have pics from both weekend games to sort and post and also work, but I will put them up ASAP.
Pictures of Rees' check are at seffenmeyer.tumblr.com. Scroll down - it is currently the 7th post from the top

dansk55

Jul 30, 2010
Pictures of Rees' check are at seffenmeyer.tumblr.com. Scroll down - it is currently the 7th post from the top
nice shots, great timing. but not totally conclusive. from my seat and my angle, it appeared to be higher.. did he leave his feet, or from the impact? We all see things differently. we can agree to disagree, like that one juror...lol. but great shots nevertheless

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Question.....

Would you rather the Sting finish 5th or 6th and get a match up with GUE/SSM/SAG in the first round?

OR

Finish 8th, get London 1st round and a likely the 5th or 6th overall pick?

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
For me, I don't see Sarnia winning a 7 game series against any of those teams. Our best chance would be SAG/SSM but I think I rather finish 8th and get a higher pick and have the luxury of watching a playoff series against London which would be highly entertaining. That could be fun. A blow out game or two against us...but I'd expect some high intensity, rough and rowdy hockey.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
5th or 6th I don’t think those teams are that elite, upsets can happen in playoffs, and finishing 5th or 6th and possibly upsetting a team looks better than finishing 8th and swept in our “down year” when trying to recruit American prospects to come over.... Hatcher wants to be close to middle of the pack in a down year just like London, and I think that’s wise, I think that’s why eliot and a few 19 years weren’t shipped at the deadline so they can stay competitive down the stretch and possibly upset a team

Reactions: The Howler
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad