Sarnia Sting 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
if we keep wishing on a star, and hope these American kids come, we won't have any depth. If they do come, what do you do with the likes of a guy like McComb, or Saye or Tabak.
If an American or two did come , you simply trade the expendable players for picks .

Reactions: Texcanuck

dansk55

Jul 30, 2010
What they might consider doing what they did with Franco when he struggled playing defence in this league and permanently move him to forward on the third or fourth line .
Hogue does have some very good offensive instincts IMO and he could develop playing forward like Franco did .
The complaining over social media would need to stop though .
I think that is what started the social media campaign..

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
if we keep wishing on a star, and hope these American kids come, we won't have any depth. If they do come, what do you do with the likes of a guy like McComb, or Saye or Tabak.
Every team takes 2,3,4 guys a draft that are NCAA committed. If Sinclair can get them over you create space.

Reactions: robp1219

bobbygore

Jun 27, 2011
I think that is what started the social media campaign..

Hatcher can’t let the tail wag the dog . The posse needs to accept where their guy can best help the team . He’s got some very good offensive instincts and can help the team offensively but clearly he’s challenged when it comes to playing defense at this level .

jwalk

Mar 25, 2006
AJAX
Plus we have some legit american prospects from that draft in Miller (4th), Nodler (6th) & McCarthy (9th). All would be major boosts to the team. All expected to be taken in first 3 or 4 rounds of NHL draft this year.
Kudos to Sinclair and the Sting scouting staff for what appears to be an exceptional draft. When 12 out of 16 picks are either NHL picks or OHL players (or both ) that's pretty impressive. The cream on the cake would now be to convince some of these U. S. NHL draft picks to report to the team. Having said that, I'd still prefer the team not to start gambling on some of these picks until the last 4 or 5 rounds. The success rate trying to convince these guys to show up so far has been extremely low so that should be a lesson learned not to waste picks.
Regardless , what's happening now with the drafting is a huge leap forward from the way things used to work under the old ownership. I believe it's only a matter of time before the Sting will make a serious run at winning the whole thing. It's all about drafting and developing in this league.

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
Random thoughts on Sunday’s game:
Team actually played better on Saturday in the loss.
Team takes way too many unnecessary penalties; almost let Hamilton back into the game in the 2nd period.
Lamour was spectacular.
Big goal by Hugo in the 3rd, but he looked absolutely lost for most of the game.
McGregor is the heart and soul of this team.
Rees is easily the most skilled player on the team.
I love the way Marko and Dillingham play the game.
With Hatcher and Grima out, expect to see Kammerer take a much bigger role.
Prediction - that Jenik kid on Hamilton will finish the season with 3 or 4 fewer teeth than he started with. Worst cheap shot after the whistle guy I’ve seen in quite a while.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
I just hope Rees and Perrault are kept on the same line for the rest of the year. What a treat those two are to watch on the same line. Imagine them together in the next two seasons...wow.

McGregor to me, has earned a contract with the Leafs. Hope they give it to him. Between him and Franco this teams heart doesn't beat without them.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
I just hope Rees and Perrault are kept on the same line for the rest of the year. What a treat those two are to watch on the same line. Imagine them together in the next two seasons...wow.

McGregor to me, has earned a contract with the Leafs. Hope they give it to him. Between him and Franco this teams heart doesn't beat without them.
I hope mcgregor comes back next year! That would be awesome for us, I think it would benefit him to have an extra year in junior to get heavier and stronger and build his offensive game more, his defensive game is real goOd, and he’s very smart. And yes Perrault and Rees, wow they are good and sooo young, how about rees hit yesterday .... he reminds me sooo much of konecny

Last edited:
Reactions: Ferda11

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
I really do see a lot of promise in both langevin and lamour, I know they don’t have great numbers but they do make real good saves and look steady, give them lots of games for the rest of the season, and I think we will have a solid duo next season

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Also really been liking Kammerer and reesors game, haven’t seen too much of dillingham yet.

dansk55

Jul 30, 2010
I hope mcgregor comes back next year! That would be awesome for us, I think it would benefit him to have an extra year in junior to get heavier and stronger and build his offensive game more, his defensive game is real goOd, and he’s very smart. And yes Perrault and Rees, wow they are good and sooo young, how about rees hit yesterday .... he reminds me sooo much of konecny
I hope McGregor is not... he deserve something brighter. Perrault has really done little since Christmas... maybe the downtime took edge off his game. Rees hit, while a crowd pleaser, was hitting a player in a vulnerable position. Many kids have lots careers over a passionate hit... I thought it was a head shot actually. On Saturday's game, not one good passing combo from Sarnia Icedogs were well placed. You could many times guys free in slot and no one would pass.. they opted for shot and then Elliot said piss on it, not passing back to you rees or Perrault... You don't win that way.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
I hope McGregor is not... he deserve something brighter. Perrault has really done little since Christmas... maybe the downtime took edge off his game. Rees hit, while a crowd pleaser, was hitting a player in a vulnerable position. Many kids have lots careers over a passionate hit... I thought it was a head shot actually. On Saturday's game, not one good passing combo from Sarnia Icedogs were well placed. You could many times guys free in slot and no one would pass.. they opted for shot and then Elliot said piss on it, not passing back to you rees or Perrault... You don't win that way.
Well Perreault is a rookie so that tends to happen he’s still tied for first among rookies and first among 16 year olds...and as for the rees hit that kid was cutting across the ice handling the puck and Rees hit him straight on , no way was he vulnerable , might be able to argue that was a head check but watching the replay over and over I didn’t see it

StingDrone

Sep 21, 2017
topof106.tumblr.com
Rees' hit was not a head check. He hit Hayes at chest level and was knocked out cold when he was hit by Perreault's knees and skates when he landed. I have pictures of the check and I will get them posted to my blog page in the next day or two. I have pics from both weekend games to sort and post and also work, but I will put them up ASAP.

Reactions: The Howler

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Rees' hit was not a head check. He hit Hayes at chest level and was knocked out cold when he was hit by Perreault's knees and skates when he landed. I have pictures of the check and I will get them posted to my blog page in the next day or two. I have pics from both weekend games to sort and post and also work, but I will put them up ASAP.
Good! WhTs your blog?, I just love the way Rees plays.... hard, physical, and skilled... scouts are liking it too

Reactions: BoxerMax

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Rees hit couldn't have been any cleaner....not sure how you come up with a head check? He hit him dead in the chest. Great clean hockey hit. Take that every time.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Rees hit couldn't have been any cleaner....not sure how you come up with a head check? He hit him dead in the chest. Great clean hockey hit. Take that every time.
Also the hit serves a purpose, don’t let a guy skate across the ice in your end and take a shot on net, next time he will think twice

Reactions: The Howler

dansk55

Jul 30, 2010
Well Perreault is a rookie so that tends to happen he’s still tied for first among rookies and first among 16 year olds...and as for the rees hit that kid was cutting across the ice handling the puck and Rees hit him straight on , no way was he vulnerable , might be able to argue that was a head check but watching the replay over and over I didn’t see it
dont get me wrong, Perrault is a sniper but his play is not as cohesive as before... and point a game... well he is silently doing it... like a salinitri…
as for Rees, he plays a hard hitting game... hopefully he can endure the hits too. the kid was in a vulnerable position, head down...those hits, no matter how tough you are, or how slight, can end a career..and he is just a kid

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
dont get me wrong, Perrault is a sniper but his play is not as cohesive as before... and point a game... well he is silently doing it... like a salinitri…
as for Rees, he plays a hard hitting game... hopefully he can endure the hits too. the kid was in a vulnerable position, head down...those hits, no matter how tough you are, or how slight, can end a career..and he is just a kid
Kids are taught and told at a young age and all the way up through minor hockey to skate with their head up, it’s his fault he has his head down, I have never heard a coach or anyone say “hey don’t hit that kid he carry’s the puck with his head down, let him skate the puck into your end and shoot on your goalie” which was the exact scenario kid was cutting into the slot and looking to shoot on lamour. As for Perrault hey I’m happy he’s getting a point per game at 16 years old, he may not be physical but he does play hard, and that’s all I care about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad