Sarnia Sting 2014-15 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

massey

Sep 5, 2012
2-1 Sarnia lead in what most would have expected to be a blowout by the Otters…I'd say thats pretty damn good thus far

Not enough respect has been given to Sting this year.As I said earlier,stay out of box,exc goaltending,man in front of net,shoot the puck and this team could make things interesting.game not over

SSMHoundsFan

Greyhounds/FlamesFan
Dec 30, 2014
Sault Ste. Marie, ON
Not enough respect has been given to Sting this year.As I said earlier,stay out of box,exc goaltending,man in front of net,shoot the puck and this team could make things interesting.game not over

Looking at the team, Sarnia has built themselves to have great success over the next few years I think. They have a great group of young guys that'll carry this team. These playoffs are great experience for these guys, and it's even better to see them matching Erie in this game so far.

massey

Sep 5, 2012
Ya Baby,Good job Sting.A close game. Dont get me wrong,Erie has a very good team,Sting was just a bit better tonight,especially in goaltending.Even w/o Chychrun

cupcrazyman

Stupid Sexy Flanders
Aug 14, 2006
Leafland
85473-south-park-NICE-meme-fi0v.png

Stingland

Jul 27, 2013
Wow! Those last 5 minutes seemed to take forever. Lets see more of the same tomorrow night in Erie.

ZinErie

Nov 12, 2013
That was an impressive performance Sting fans. Hopefully, it will be the only one the series. :)

jwalk

Mar 25, 2006
AJAX
Great effort tonight. McDavid, Strome etc. will be like angry hornets tomorrow. If the Sting can make it thru the first period and still be in the game tomorrow it will be impressive. Good luck boys.

Living Vicariously

Mar 15, 2014
Fergus
If you haven't already, you're gonna love Stevie Pierog now that the playoffs have started. The lad is a fierce competitor in clutch games. Great to see the Sting take one on the road off the hop!

massey

Sep 5, 2012
Great effort tonight. McDavid, Strome etc. will be like angry hornets tomorrow. If the Sting can make it thru the first period and still be in the game tomorrow it will be impressive. Good luck boys.

Good post,

Otters wont be happy campers.Lots of people picked them for 4 straight.Sting fans knew they could steal a few games.Yes if they keep them in check for the first period,should be in good shape.Total team effort,Dupes has too be hot,Pierog is also shining.Sure hope Chychrun comes back soon.

massey

Sep 5, 2012
If you haven't already, you're gonna love Stevie Pierog now that the playoffs have started. The lad is a fierce competitor in clutch games. Great to see the Sting take one on the road off the hop!

He has been one of the Sting top 6 forwards since coming to Sarnia. 110% effort most games.Great pickup by Sting

massey

Sep 5, 2012
Not much chirping on the HFboards today.:speechles.I am not seeing about WHEN the Otters and Soo and Generals reach the finals. Wakeup call for all teams. Hopefully all series are close and good hockey.That's what counts.Otters didnt play bad,Sting played their game and kept the Otters to the perimeter and contained and Dupes with no traffic. I wouldnt say that was Sting best game by far but kept to their game plan.Good luck to all

count35

Nov 26, 2014
Soo
Not much chirping on the HFboards today.:speechles.I am not seeing about WHEN the Otters and Soo and Generals reach the finals. Wakeup call for all teams. Hopefully all series are close and good hockey.That's what counts.Otters didnt play bad,Sting played their game and kept the Otters to the perimeter and contained and Dupes with no traffic. I wouldnt say that was Sting best game by far but kept to their game plan.Good luck to all

LOL you're right maybe last nights game put a scare in everyone! The first round is always the round which could produce upsets. It's why the first round in the NHL playoffs are so much fun too....and also the early stages of March Madness.

If things always went according to the final standings that would make for some boring hockey for sure. I'm not chirping for the Hounds....or against anyone else for that matter. The regular season is over and it's time for some hockey that matters. As long as it's exciting i don't care who wins, sure i'd like my team to win but i want to be entertained too, no? Enjoy it all everyone and have fun! :handclap:

dansk55

Jul 30, 2010

If anyone noticed both goals came from left to right...that is our flaw, and was.
I think the entire team played well...few mistakes but rest assured, if we are in the game after one, we should be in the game all the way... they are coming like gangbusters. Dupuis saved our bacon many times...defence has to tighten up.

massey

Sep 5, 2012
Close to first sell out of the year.Sounds like standing room only left.It will be awesome to see.Go Sting

massey

Sep 5, 2012
Congrats to #12 and #23 in the black and white uniforms for getting Mr Branch's hockey team back in the game in the second.First period a good game of hockey both ways then the ref's took over.2nd Erie goal was clearly off side by 2 feet.6 otters players on the ice for 20 sec no call.2 hander across back of legs no call.Holding stick 2 feet from ref.Congrats to tough guy MacDermid (6'1",222 lbs)for taking on Lajeunesse(5"1" 190lbs)For the whiners on the otters thread about dirty play is that people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. Genovese peeled himself off the end boards tonight.

Great comeback Sting.Hard fought game.You deserved a better outcome.Go get them tuesday night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad