GDT: San Diego Gulls 2020/2021 (continuous)

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
A lot of forwards would feast alongside zegras, hall prob going to get overpaid, if I’m going hall I’d rather just go laine

Really need to go after a RFA who is likely moving on from their team like a Laine, Reinhart, or even Buch if the Rangers are parting. These guys are younger and fit the Ducks window.

This kids skill needs to be utilized to the fullest and I am not sold on Terry on his RW, Comtois will be good enough though on the other side.

Reactions: Getz2noone

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
A lot of forwards would feast alongside zegras, hall prob going to get overpaid, if I’m going hall I’d rather just go laine
I only say hall because he will be a free agent so we don't have to give up any assets. I'm not sure I'd be willing to give up young assets for anyone yet and with hall we are so young that we have the cap space to overpay a bit through the duration of his contract.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Really need to go after a RFA who is likely moving on from their team like a Laine, Reinhart, or even Buch if the Rangers are parting. These guys are younger and fit the Ducks window.

This kids skill needs to be utilized to the fullest and I am not sold on Terry on his RW, Comtois will be good enough though on the other side.
Terry is okay , but I agree finding a more ready sniper for zegras would benefit him and comtois a lot.

Reactions: Leonardo87

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
I only say hall because he will be a free agent so we don't have to give up any assets. I'm not sure I'd be willing to give up young assets for anyone yet and with hall we are so young that we have the cap space to overpay a bit through the duration of his contract.

I like Hall and I thought it was a foregone conclusion he'd be with Boston when I read the ESPN article on April 12th and he said the following:

"I'd love to be a Bruin for a few years," Hall said. "It's obviously been a bad year for me personally, and I need to play well. I need to contribute. Most of all, I want to be part of a team that wins games. I really believe we can do that here."

Then I pulled up a more recent article on Yahoo! about the Bruins extending him with this:

Bruins president Cam Neely spoke to reporters Wednesday on a Zoom call ahead of the 2021 Stanley Cup Playoffs beginning Saturday versus the Washington Capitals. He was asked about Hall's future in Boston and noted the team would like to work something out with the veteran right winger. "As far as Taylor goes, we're going to continue to see how things go with the playoffs here. We'd like to try and get something done, but that remains to be seen. But that's our hopes."

According to capfriendly, the Bruins have almost $27 mil cap space going into next season. $7.25 mil comes off the books with Krejci's contract ending, but with him still producing at his age the Bruins might re-sign him to a more team friendly deal. G Rask's $7 mil also comes off the books and that netminder section is empty for the Bruins. Also, they do have a lot of arbitration eligible RFA's. Ritchie might be getting a bigger raise as he's their 7th best scorer.

I suppose it all depends on how much Hall wants that will probably determine if he stays. Will Hall demand $8 mil a year?

I'd love for Hall to come over, but I'm not sure we win enough for his tastes nor have enough stars to not make him a focal point. What we do have is a media that will not make him a focal point and a ballsy centerman that loves to be the focal point in Zegras. Oh... can cap space with mostly players ending their ELC's.

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
I like Hall and I thought it was a foregone conclusion he'd be with Boston when I read the ESPN article on April 12th and he said the following:

Then I pulled up a more recent article on Yahoo! about the Bruins extending him with this:

According to capfriendly, the Bruins have almost $27 mil cap space going into next season. $7.25 mil comes off the books with Krejci's contract ending, but with him still producing at his age the Bruins might re-sign him to a more team friendly deal. G Rask's $7 mil also comes off the books and that netminder section is empty for the Bruins. Also, they do have a lot of arbitration eligible RFA's. Ritchie might be getting a bigger raise as he's their 7th best scorer.

I suppose it all depends on how much Hall wants that will probably determine if he stays. Will Hall demand $8 mil a year?

I'd love for Hall to come over, but I'm not sure we win enough for his tastes nor have enough stars to not make him a focal point. What we do have is a media that will not make him a focal point and a ballsy centerman that loves to be the focal point in Zegras. Oh... can cap space with mostly players ending their ELC's.
And we can also overpay a bit since we are so low on cap with so many elcs. I get it he wants to win but there ain't many better setup guys than zegras out there. Over a 6 year contract our future is actually pretty bright.

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
And we can also overpay a bit since we are so low on cap with so many elcs. I get it he wants to win but there ain't many better setup guys than zegras out there. Over a 6 year contract our future is actually pretty bright.
Our players are also going to get raises. And if we overpay for hall you know the RFAs will be looking to get paid as it sets a precedent.

I don't think halls worth it for us. Barkov yes, hall no

Reactions: lwvs84

WidgitRibbit

Mar 25, 2021

Good enough? Comtois is cost controlled and is leading Anaheim in scoring with 16 while everyone else is 8-12. And this is without Zegras most the season. That’s a lot better than “good enough” that’s in category of must re sign.

WidgitRibbit

Mar 25, 2021
Our players are also going to get raises. And if we overpay for hall you know the RFAs will be looking to get paid as it sets a precedent.

None of these players are in any position to be asking for raises. The team is garbage. The set precedent right now is? Why am I keeping you? And what can I get for you? And should I even consider resigning you outside of Comtois. So I respectfully disagree

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015

Even with raises we will have plenty of cap space

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012

What a UFA gets paid doesn’t have any effect on what RFA’s get.

Reactions: Trojans86

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Will try to catch this one. What about Perreault, could he be switching back into the lineup?

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
Bakersfield takes 2 extremely stupid penalties right away. Gulls have a 5 on 3.

EDIT: They probably just earned a 3rd, but the refs let it go.

Reactions: Kalv

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Drysdale looks exhausted thus far....

Reactions: Kalv

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
T Carrick just ripped one... 2-1 Gulls.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Zegras is pissed about something taking multiple runs and talking shit to every Condor.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad