GDT: San Diego Gulls 2020/2021 (continuous)

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Zegras has some great defensive anticipation.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Drysdale should show a little more urgency...

Reactions: Kalv

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Drysdale got buried, then Agozzino went over to grab the guy and Drysdale stopped him to avoid a penalty...

ReptilianQuack

Jan 17, 2019
Vancouver
I havnt watched the Gulls in a few weeks, but that was seriously painful to watch for the 40+ minutes that I saw.
Just horrible hockey.

Edit: im told the 1st period was exciting ...

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
That was Anaheim Ducks hockey.

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
Is Dineen actually a good coach? Maybe I'm overestimating the talent a bit, but for a team with the roster they have, they get outplayed for long stretches way more than I would expect.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Is Dineen actually a good coach? Maybe I'm overestimating the talent a bit, but for a team with the roster they have, they get outplayed for long stretches way more than I would expect.
I've thought about this as well and have leaned toward giving him the benefit of the doubt considering the number of personnel groupings he has had to go through this year (not that I know anything about coaching).

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
Watched more of Friday's game than today's but everyone seems a bit tired, which is totally understandable. some of the young guys have played a lot of hockey in a condensed period. tomorrow may be even worse.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Zegras is pissed about something taking multiple runs and talking shit to every Condor.
I think at the start of the game at least a couple of times Condors players bumped into Z.
Whatever they did, I guess worked. Z ended up -1, without points.
Drysdale wasn't very aggressive, he was standing back a lot.

I don't buy the ''they are tired'' thing. If anything, they had more time to rest than the Condors who had to do a play-in.
So not really sure what was the issue, but the performance wasn't great at all.

Reactions: UnfinishedBusiness

LuGBuG

Quack Quack
Mar 16, 2006
Ducks
I think at the start of the game at least a couple of times Condors players bumped into Z.

I don't buy the ''they are tired'' thing. If anything, they had more time to rest than the Condors who had to do a play-in.
Sometimes you just don't have your A game. Isn't always one exact reason.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Drysdale was so non-chalant all game.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California

The condors did not have a play-in. Only San Jose did, and they are out already.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai

Yeah I didn't think they were tired, I thought Bakersfield succeeded in establishing a very energetic forecheck that backed everyone off. That said, the Gulls had plenty of chances and just didn't convert or were thwarted by Skinner, who had a good game. That includes Zegras, who had a goal on his stick at least twice and just couldn't get it done. If they score on their chances next game, I think they'll be fine.

Reactions: Leonardo87 and Kalv

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Yeah I didn't think they were tired, I thought Bakersfield succeeded in establishing a very energetic forecheck that backed everyone off. That said, the Gulls had plenty of chances and just didn't convert or were thwarted by Skinner, who had a good game. That includes Zegras, who had a goal on his stick at least twice and just couldn't get it done. If they score on their chances next game, I think they'll be fine.

Would be cool if they can advance, if not. Won’t be the end of the world, but will still have some more hockey to watch and will be good experience for the kids if they can.

I’m losing interest in the NHL playoffs, and really not into the Worlds this year. Just want Oct to come lol.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Would be cool if they can advance, if not. Won’t be the end of the world, but will still have some more hockey to watch and will be good experience for the kids if they can.

I’m losing interest in the NHL playoffs, and really not into the Worlds this year. Just want Oct to come lol.
Everything is a blur right now, I can't keep track of all of the series. What I've seen has been entertaining though.

Honestly, I personally don't care too much how long the gulls stay in it. There's a little bit of guilt following it considering it feels like the players are being exploited, so I wouldn't mind too much just starting the kids' offseason plans asap.

Last edited:

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Everything is a blur right now, I can't keep track of all of the series. What I've seen has been entertaining though.

Honestly I personally don't care too much how long the gulls stay in it. There's a little bit of guilt following it considering it feels like the players are being exploited, so I wouldn't mind too much just starting the kids' offseason plans asap.

That's how I feel too. I feel with the whole Covid situation, and it's not a regular season or playoffs, let's just get to the off-season and focus on a normal regular season in Oct where fans will be back in the arenas full time and will have an entire full season and regular schedule. I cannot wait to book my next Anaheim trip, just waiting for the schedule to come out of course.

Reactions: Static

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $200.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6