Prospect Info: Samuel Fagemo, RW, 50th Overall

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
Low key good year for Fagemo, who came on really strong at the end...still really like his chances to be a pretty vanilla 20 goal guy in the nhl. He just drives.

He looked like he got stronger physically too, I wonder if he put on a little mass. He's not particularly tall but he looked burlier than at the draft. He's pretty sturdy when he digs in and tripods.

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
Low key good year for Fagemo, who came on really strong at the end...still really like his chances to be a pretty vanilla 20 goal guy in the nhl. He just drives.

Could see him on the 3rd line to break in. Probably get a cup of coffee at some point this upcoming year.

Same goes for Lias. Started off slow (to be expected) and then really came on strong the 2nd half of the season.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Iafallo with a better shot is actually probably a pretty good comparison. The glue on a line.

Aug 25, 2009
éal
Got three points yesterday, 7 points in 4 games ever since he got back with the Reign.

In his 4 games with Nashville this year he got ice time of 12:32, 9:38, 8:23 and 8:44

Last year he got once 10:04 of ice time, every other games less than 10 minutes

Maybe they just need to let him shoot the puck, he cant score if he doesnt get at least some opportunities to do so

It reminds me of a bit of Owen Tippett, who was producing at AHL level but struggle to scored in the NHL until he started doing so

bmr

Jan 23, 2013
I've always been a Fagemo fan since the WJCs. I just don't see a spot for him on the team.

TwzKing

Sponsor
Nov 19, 2004
i know this is silly but im kinda pissed at myself lol. Had no idea he got waived again by Nashville and we claimed him. Glad hes back in the fold.

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
I'm mad at you too bro

If you use 'brosef' it will make you feel younger by 15 years for 15 minutes.

Although the newer, more trendy term is 'bruh'. When you say it out loud you have to pronounce it as if you are blowing a bubble with the B.

Either way you won't win style points with the teens. Quite the opposite, in fact.

This is a long-winded way of saying... DAMN, WE OLD!!!

• Haha
Reactions: King'sPawn

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
33 goals in 37 games

Can’t remember one player who put up goals like that in the AHL

Big points producer that doesn’t translate in the NHL? Yeah that happens a lot

A goal per game guy in the AHL not good enough in the NHL? I call bullshit
Oh come on. The kings have given him several chances to show what he can do playing 6 minutes with 4th line plugs!

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
So 34 goals in 37 games.

I remember Toffoli had 15 goals in 18 AHL games. Alexandre Giroux had 60 in 69 games. That's the closest I can remember to this pace. Frk had 40 in 58 games. Pulkkinen 34 in 46 games.

I'm sure there's others.

Reactions: De Montreal

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
I don’t know why Fagemo hasn’t been called up and based on everything I know he should be. However, I’m also acutely aware that there will be lots of things I don’t know. Maybe he fell out with the team after being reclaimed, maybe he trains badly, maybe he refuses to do the things asked of him.

Maybe it’s simply a case of them feeling he can’t do more than the current guys on the roster, especially given that they have zero cap space. Personally I think is the most likely reason. It’s not unreasonable to think that they think the waiver exempt guys in Laf and Turcotte are better fits. He certainly probably deserves a look over Kaliyev though, but they don’t have the cap space to carry the extra forward on the roster. I doubt it’s because they don’t like/rate him enough to at least get another look, although anything is possible.

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
Nashville waived him too.

Cap should be tight again next year so Kaliyev & Fagemo should have another shot at making the team.

AnThGrt

Feb 13, 2005
Park City, UT
Nashville a team desperate for offense and forwards waived him. That should tell us something. I hope the best with him, but aware he is no where near as amazing as his numbers may indicate.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I mean this is a team that kept Byfield Vilardi Kupari Kaliyev on the bench in the NHL instead of playing the AHL playoffs.

Let's not pretend Kaliyev Fagemo Turcotte are doing something wrong behind the scenes as copium.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad