I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
Fagemo scored a nice one tonight.

tenor.gif

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
I would think Fagemo has a good chance of making the Kings next year.

He'll be 20 years old and will have two years of pro hockey under his belt playing in one of the best leagues in the world. Kings are shallow on wingers.

Reactions: Ghetty Green

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
I would think Fagemo has a good chance of making the Kings next year.

He'll be 20 years old and will have two years of pro hockey under his belt playing in one of the best leagues in the world. Kings are shallow on wingers.

It's possible, but I think they will want him to play in the A and get used to the pace of the smaller rink. Of course, he did get to play in the rookie tourney last year, small sample size. A lot more time available to you on the big ice. He will be given opportunity though to make it I would think.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
I don't think he'll make the Kings out of camp, but I doubt he'll spend a lot of time in Ontario. He's a Swedish wrecking ball and always a threat when he's on the ice.

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
What a goal! Can't wait to see him in North America. He will get a good look in Ontario next year.

bland

Jul 1, 2004
The way he roofs that, my god.
Just that he has the confidence to even try it when 99% of the hockey world would immediately look to the ref, man, that's a dude who believes in himself.

I don't know if you remember a post i made about Kopitar a while back, stating he takes defensive postures in offensive situations, but this kid is doing what I was referring to: the mere fact that he believes in himself and believes that he will get his shot off will force the opposition to defend him tighter, which creates more time and space for everyone else on the ice. Just taking those risks actually opens up the team offense. Not trying to make this an Anze hijack, just referencing a previous discussion.

Aahlstroem

På Legenders Axlar
Dec 7, 2012
Göteborg
Hmm impressive

He is playing 4th line minutes lately and scores a goal each game.
I'll chime in a little here, we've taken a lot of penalties lately and since he doesn't play on the PK he's been sitting a bit. He's on the 2nd PP unit as well and since the first one plays 1:15-1:30 of each PP he doesn't get that much time there neither, especially since he changes with Ryan Lasch who basically is allowed to play the whole PP if he wants to.

So Fagemo (13:19 TOI/G, 12 goals) being our third best goalscorer speaks to his abilities. Hjalmarsson (16:59 TOI/G, 13 goals) and Lundqvist (17:14 TOI/G, 14 goals) are the ones who have scored more, they both have played more games and are on the 1st PP unit. IMO Fagemo should be the LW on our 1st line alongside Hjalmarsson and Lasch.

Aahlstroem

På Legenders Axlar
Dec 7, 2012
Göteborg
Kalieyv is left shooting RW, so is Fagemo right shooting LW? What is your opinion, is Fagemo LW or RW?
I'd say he can play both sides, which he has proved when he's been shuffled around the lineup this season. I really like him on the LW though (and I would say it's his main position) as it sets him up for one-timers and makes it easier for him to get scoring opportunities when rushing down the wing.

teravaineSAROS

Jul 29, 2015
I'd say he can play both sides, which he has proved when he's been shuffled around the lineup this season. I really like him on the LW though (and I would say it's his main position) as it sets him up for one-timers and makes it easier for him to get scoring opportunities when rushing down the wing.

Only time will tell. There are quite a few players from Europe who played RH LW or LH RW because they have more space and time on European ice but later had to convert when making the NHL.

Basilisk

Aug 5, 2012
How many goals is this guy supposed to regularly produce at the NHL level?

Thanks!!!

KopitarGOAT420

Jan 30, 2020
USA
How many goals is this guy supposed to regularly produce at the NHL level?

Thanks!!!

I think it really depends on a lot of factors, but I imagine he'll be in the 15-20 range (assuming he pans out as a good, middle 6, scoring winger).

I could also see him as a REALLY good complimentary winger on a top line where he doesn't have to drive offense but can just focus on getting to scoring areas and capitalizing on the plays made by linemates.

For example, maybe the Kings take Byfield (and he pans out).. A line that could be really effective could be Fagemo - Byfield - Vilardi. With two players like Byfield and Vilardi to drive offense and make plays, Fagemo can just motor around and blast pucks on net. By himself, he isn't a 1st line player, but with the right linemates who knows. Kind of like a Zach Hyman in Toronto but with hopefully a little more of a scoring touch.

In that scenario, I could see him being more in the 25-30 range for goals on a regular basis. It's a little optimistic for sure. But considering the tools he has (good shot, good compete, good overall offensive skill) it doesn't really seem that far fetched when you imagine him playing with guys like Byfield, Vilardi, even Turcotte potentially.

Basically:
Floor - 10-15 goals as a bottom 6 winger (or not in the NHL)
Projection - 15-20 goals as a middle 6 winger
Ceiling - 20-30 goals as a top 6 winger

That's how I see it at least.

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
I think it really depends on a lot of factors, but I imagine he'll be in the 15-20 range (assuming he pans out as a good, middle 6, scoring winger).

I could also see him as a REALLY good complimentary winger on a top line where he doesn't have to drive offense but can just focus on getting to scoring areas and capitalizing on the plays made by linemates.

For example, maybe the Kings take Byfield (and he pans out).. A line that could be really effective could be Fagemo - Byfield - Vilardi. With two players like Byfield and Vilardi to drive offense and make plays, Fagemo can just motor around and blast pucks on net. By himself, he isn't a 1st line player, but with the right linemates who knows. Kind of like a Zach Hyman in Toronto but with hopefully a little more of a scoring touch.

In that scenario, I could see him being more in the 25-30 range for goals on a regular basis. It's a little optimistic for sure. But considering the tools he has (good shot, good compete, good overall offensive skill) it doesn't really seem that far fetched when you imagine him playing with guys like Byfield, Vilardi, even Turcotte potentially.

Basically:
Floor - 10-15 goals as a bottom 6 winger (or not in the NHL)
Projection - 15-20 goals as a middle 6 winger
Ceiling - 20-30 goals as a top 6 winger

That's how I see it at least.
Agreed. I think it depends on him rounding out his game and being consistent in his compete when playing defensively. I’ve not seen an up to date report on him, but he’s certainly continued to grow offensively.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad