Prospect Info: Samuel Fagemo, RW, 50th Overall

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
What I'm reading says skating is one Fagemo's strengths so I don't see Toffoli as a comp. The biggest knock on Toffoli coming out of the draft was his skating.

Reactions: YP44 and TopT

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
Kupari 3/15/2000
Fagemo 3/14/2000

Look at it this way::::

Fagemo is 1 day older than Kupari and scored 25 pts in the SHL, on the Championship Team, Frolunda.
Kupari played on finalist Karpat and scored 33 pts imn Liiga.

Not saying the skillsets and upsides are similar - they are not. Fagemo's skill level and skating are not in Kupari's class.
I am saying Fagemo is a good prospect and a great pick at #50

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
I like the fact he can score a goal with a slapshot. Some nice open ice hitting too. 14 goals in the SEL and another 10 points in the playoffs.

I am very intrigued by this prospect.

Reactions: DoktorJeep

RocketKing

Jul 2, 2017
It’s a bit soon to write the guy off. LOL.
NO I wasn’t watching trying to bag on the guy. LOL

That’s what they wrote up about him in the link. I think they mean itv to say he’s a pretty solid scorer.

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
This is a good prospect! Worth moving up from 64 to 50 to get him. Good job! There's a sense of urgency to his game and he (wait for it....the new buzzword) competes well.
His skating is fine...better skater than: Toffoli or coast around the rink, zero edge work Carter.

Reactions: savemefromtears

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Kupari 3/15/2000
Fagemo 3/14/2000

Fagemo is 1 day older than Kupari and scored 25 pts in the SHL, on the Championship Team, Frolunda.

Not saying the skillsets and upsides are similar - they are not. Fagemo's skill level and skating are not in Kupari's class.
IMO the SHL is slightly better than Liiga. Fagemo's 14 goals in 42 games looks very impressive. Kupari had 12 goals in 43 games.

Fagemo's playoff performance was also very impressive. 10 points in 16 games, 6 goals. Kupari on the other hand struggled in the playoffs for Karpat (5pts, 1 goal in 16 games) and was even scratched for a game.

I agree that Kupari is more skilled and has the higher upside, but I think Fagemo has the higher floor.

Last edited:
Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Wanderson

Aug 1, 2011
One of the hidden gems in the draft. I really wanted the Isles to trade up and pick him.

Congratulations to you guys, I guess... :)

Reactions: Ajtacker

TopT

Jan 7, 2009
Georgetown, Caymans
Kupari 3/15/2000
Fagemo 3/14/2000

Or compare him to Bokk that was first rounder last year or lets say Kempe in his draft+1

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
I think Fagemo has more upside than Kempe. Damn, what a draft. Our top six future has turned around in a big way the past three years. Turcotte, Vilardi, Kupari, Anderson-Dolan, Kaliyev, Fagemo, Thomas. Add in some gems like Wagner, Grundstrom, Luff, and Iafallo and our offense looks pretty promising.

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Wow, that kid really buzzes around. Looks great out there. A lot of determination and will.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad