Prospect Info: Samuel Fagemo, RW, 50th Overall

cyclones22

Apr 4, 2003
Eastvale
If he pans out and hits 15 to 20 goals annually, I'll be thrilled. Players like Fagemo are why I'm most excited about this pipeline. In past, we needed a Fagemo and/or Akil Thomas to "hit" and perform even above their draft position. That's not a must anymore. The Kings have enough blue chippers currently (and about to add more) where if Thomas and Fagemo become 12 to 15 goal scorers who are responsible in their own zone, that's a win. They would be cheap and cost controlled and players who fit this profile are probably among your best penalty killers as well. Good middle-sixers who can play up a line or two when needed.

cyclones22

Apr 4, 2003
Eastvale
Fagemo is my dark horse to make the team from camp next season. Kind of like Iaffalo and Lizotte. I think he can impress a lot of people

Those guys have motors. That's part of why they stuck and if Fagemo shows that on top of a scoring touch, he may win a spot.

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Fagemo is my dark horse to make the team from camp next season. Kind of like Iaffalo and Lizotte. I think he can impress a lot of people

I can agree with this, especially with his experience playing a couple years in a men's league. Still, I think too many have high expectations for him as a top six player, and I'm not seeing that. Maybe he can hit the middle six in a few years, but his SHL totals translate per the NHLe calculator for the SHL to the NHL as a 25 pt player, at least initially. He did a great in the World Juniors which shows you how well the experience playing in a men's league can translate playing against his fellow U20's. I'm not trying to downplay his accomplishments, just keep the expectations reasonable until we see what he can do in the AHL/NHL. His contract expired on April 30th with Frolunda, so he'll be staying in NA, he won't be starting the season in Sweden.

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
The only thing I disagree with is the dark horse part. Playing in the SHL for 2 years means I think his game translates. As his likely role means he will be battling the likes of Amadio and Wagner for a spot on the wing. He has a very good chance as I think it’s a case of when, not if, he passes them on the depth chart.

Reactions: Rusty Batch

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
Those guys have motors. That's part of why they stuck and if Fagemo shows that on top of a scoring touch, he may win a spot.
If Fagemo isn't scoring,playing much in the AHL I hope the the Kings have sense enough to send him back to the SHL to play a tonne and get better!
1.23213.jpg

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
I can agree with this, especially with his experience playing a couple years in a men's league. Still, I think too many have high expectations for him as a top six player, and I'm not seeing that. Maybe he can hit the middle six in a few years, but his SHL totals translate per the NHLe calculator for the SHL to the NHL as a 25 pt player, at least initially. He did a great in the World Juniors which shows you how well the experience playing in a men's league can translate playing against his fellow U20's. I'm not trying to downplay his accomplishments, just keep the expectations reasonable until we see what he can do in the AHL/NHL. His contract expired on April 30th with Frolunda, so he'll be staying in NA, he won't be starting the season in Sweden.

I agree. While he led the WJC in scoring, he shoots from everywhere. His shooting ability has been criticized, but he scores a lot because he just throws pucks at the net like spaghetti to a wall.

cyclones22

Apr 4, 2003
Eastvale
Anyone have any idea what his shooting percentages have been? Volume shooters have their place assuming the accuracy is north of 10%.

SwedeChristoffer

Jul 30, 2019
Anyone have any idea what his shooting percentages have been? Volume shooters have their place assuming the accuracy is north of 10%.

12.8 during 2018-19 season and 12.6 during 2019-20 season.

Nope It's a lot harder playing in the SHL than I WJC so he wasn't as much of a volume shooter in the SHL.

Reactions: cyclones22

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Fagemo was only playing 13 minutes per game in the SHL.

That was the 10th most TOI per game of any forward on the team, which basically means he was playing in the bottom 6. Despite this, he was still 3rd on the team in goal scoring as a 19 year old.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I feel like Fagemo's goal scoring will be translatable because he's a versatile scorer. I don't think he'll be volume sniping from the top of the circle at the NHL level but his hands in close and his drive for the front of the net are incredibly valuable assets, almost like Hornqvist in that regard.

funky

Time for the future. More Byfield and Clarke
Mar 9, 2002
I feel he is similar to An European Iafallo. I say that as a compliment. Possibly a hair more skill, a hair less aggressive along the boards.

He seems to be all over the ice in a good way and not scared to try in the offensive end even if he doesn’t have the top end skills. As said above, could be that guy that plays all over the lineup. Do what is asked of him. Could be a great compliment to Kupari if we switch Kupari to wing.

I think he will be a top 9 player with a long career and that is a great hit for his draft slot.

cyclones22

Apr 4, 2003
Eastvale
I wouldn't even be mad if he turned into an Iafallo archetype with some variation. The key is achieving that development path 3+ years earlier than Iafallo did.. That's where the value comes in. 43 points with 17 goals and 26 assists in 70 games at 23 years old instead of 26? Yes please.

Aug 25, 2009
éal
Called up to the taxi squad. Do you see him getting NHL games or he'll get sent back down once the AHL season start? Isnt it weird he's not at the AHL training camp right now?

Reactions: BringTheReign

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Called up to the taxi squad. Do you see him getting NHL games or he'll get sent back down once the AHL season start? Isnt it weird he's not at the AHL training camp right now?

Honestly everything's been oddly quiet around Fagemo. I know the organization was really excited about him, but since he's arrived, nothin.

It is a little weird he's not skating more especially since this is both his first time in NA and he's learning a new system so not sure what the deal is. Maybe after this road trip we'll find out.

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
Honestly everything's been oddly quiet around Fagemo. I know the organization was really excited about him, but since he's arrived, nothin.

It is a little weird he's not skating more especially since this is both his first time in NA and he's learning a new system so not sure what the deal is. Maybe after this road trip we'll find out.

Yah, I was asking about this like a week ago...

Not that I put a lot of stock in Lisa Dillman's opinion, but she had Fagemo as the rookie to watch for this season. I want to say Nelson Emerson said the same thing when he was on the Mayors podcast over the summer. Weird...

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

All The Kings Men

Apr 7, 2016
He was on a line with Kupari in Reign training camp before being called up to the Taxi Squad on the 21st.

Frk and Luff are on the IR and the Kings have opted to leave an empty roster spot most of the season (so far). I wouldn't expect Fagemo to spend too much time on the taxi squad... but having said that Anderson-Dolan has been there for... 11 days? Something like that with only a day or two of non-game action on the Active Roster.

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
He was on a line with Kupari in Reign training camp before being called up to the Taxi Squad on the 21st.

Frk and Luff are on the IR and the Kings have opted to leave an empty roster spot most of the season (so far). I wouldn't expect Fagemo to spend too much time on the taxi squad... but having said that Anderson-Dolan has been there for... 11 days? Something like that with only a day or two of non-game action on the Active Roster.

Any idea why JAD has not been given any game action yet?

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
Sunday: LA Kings Projected Lineup for Rematch with Blues

LA Kings expected lineup for Game 6 vs. St. Louis

Iafallo – Kopitar – Kempe
Athanasiou – Lizotte – Carter
Andersson – Vilardi – Brown
Grundstrom – Amadio – Anderson-Dolan

Anderson – Doughty
Clague – Roy
Maatta – Walker

Quick
Petersen

Other players available on the road trip:
Trevor Moore
Austin Wagner
Kurtis MacDermid

Taxi squad – Boko Imama, *Sammy Fagemo, Mark Alt, Matt Villalta

* :laugh:

All The Kings Men

Apr 7, 2016
To the best of my knowledge, Anderson-Dolan is still on the Taxi Squad. Those kinds of transactions can be announced later in the day so it doesn't mean JAD won't appear in the lineup tonight but as of this moment in time there have been no announcements that JAD has been taken off the Taxi Squad.

brakeyawself

Oct 5, 2006
Vilardi...don't make me laugh he'll be lucky to play
80 games in the next 3 years!Kaliyev,Fagemo,Thomas and Anderson-Dolan...if they do the Kings are screwed cause that means we are bottom feeders again! Brown and Carter should be bought very soon(next year) or traded!

Looking a bit. OFF the mark a few years later. Now if theydont have at least four of those guys in top six id be shocked.

Reactions: Schrute farms

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad