OT - NO POLITICS Sammiches, haircuts, and cakes ….oh my!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Not sure what's going around but my older niece seems to have the same thing I'm experiencing. Tiredness. Tight chest breathing (we both have asthma). No appetite really. I did eat oatmeal and a banana today. And then ate some homemade chicken soup. Weird stomach pain. Burping. Especially when you touch above the belly button like going up towards the chest. Both have some of the rhea. Not as bad today though. Drinking loads of water and pedialyte. A few days ago I felt weak. Kinda nauseated. Was hot then cold. For a hot second thought I might pass out but I didn't. I definitely feel better than I did days ago. Thank God. But having an anxiety disorder doesn't help. When I am stressed my heart races. So trying to stay calm has been proving to be very challenging. I was using my dad's oximeter, but that was extremely stressful watching my BPM so I stopped. My body is always on fight or flight mode so it makes being "sick" or feeling "off" worse because my mind wanders and goes to manifest mode. It sucks.

Gotta be some random bug going on because she's the only one I've seen and she's got the same symptoms give or take. Just completely frustrating. Been like this since Thursday night.

Fingers crossed I continue to feel better.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Not sure what's going around but my older niece seems to have the same thing I'm experiencing. Tiredness. Tight chest breathing (we both have asthma). No appetite really. I did eat oatmeal and a banana today. And then ate some homemade chicken soup. Weird stomach pain. Burping. Especially when you touch above the belly button like going up towards the chest. Both have some of the rhea. Not as bad today though. Drinking loads of water and pedialyte. A few days ago I felt weak. Kinda nauseated. Was hot then cold. For a hot second thought I might pass out but I didn't. I definitely feel better than I did days ago. Thank God. But having an anxiety disorder doesn't help. When I am stressed my heart races. So trying to stay calm has been proving to be very challenging. I was using my dad's oximeter, but that was extremely stressful watching my BPM so I stopped. My body is always on fight or flight mode so it makes being "sick" or feeling "off" worse because my mind wanders and goes to manifest mode. It sucks.

Gotta be some random bug going on because she's the only one I've seen and she's got the same symptoms give or take. Just completely frustrating. Been like this since Thursday night.

Sounds like either food poisoning or you're pregnant

• Haha
Reactions: Mione134

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
@McGarnagle Definitely not pregnant. Unless its an immaculate conception! 🤣Food poisoning, don't think so. Gotta be some random bug.

Not fun. Especially manifesting things in your mind that it "could " be. Anxiety f***ing blows. I wouldn't wish an anxiety disorder on my worst enemy. Truly.

Reactions: rfournier103

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
"Please excuse the crudity of this model. I didn't have time to build it to scale or paint it."
6AA41454-ADCF-4612-85AA-76B3280FD664.jpeg
4CD3EE44-D1F7-4930-A110-E07B8A62DF9F.jpeg
49365871-9BAD-4F6C-A2CE-357D4EF8A2FA.jpeg

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007

I just wanted to say...please acknowledge yourself. Understanding our nervous system and responses is difficult work and most people just say they "freak out" and try to push through. Your understanding of it will help you heal.
For me it's lots of water and rest and listening to my body. I hope you get to feeling better soon.

Last edited:

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
I wanted to quick chime in on the "body and time speeds up faster". It's true. Everything will start coming at you.

I have a client/friend who was visiting a park here with her husband. They had car trouble and when he got out of the car to check it, he collapsed and died...right there, in front of her, in the street, 57 yrs old. She asked me to accompany her as she made service arrangements and I also performed his ceremony of life service here in AZ. (We watched the final farewell as the family said goodbye from all over the country via Facetime. It was brutal and I don't recommend this unless you have some training)

Long story short, @Glove Malfunction and I made a solid decision to live and do the things we want to do....while our bodies allow it and while we can money wise. I cannot tell you how many times my friend has said to me...."that was on our list" when we talk about vacations and other life goals. I don't want to have a list....I want to have pictures and experiences and new views and thrilling moments.

We take a weekend trip every other month now, even if its fairly local (AZ is a big state) and we block of weekends regularly to take day trips. You have to connect and step away for refuge.

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
Anyone have any new years resolutions they'd like to put out there into the ether for a little accountability?

I had probably the most disastrous 2022 imaginable. It wasn't without some positives, as I managed to further develop my career at a new Bank after being let go from a 20 year career at TD.

However, my love life was chock full of horrible mistakes. Selfish, short-sighted and hurtful mistakes.

My lone resolution is to become a better person this year. In as many forms as I can.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Reactions: smithformeragent

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
  • Love
Reactions: smithformeragent

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
Anyone have any new years resolutions they'd like to put out there into the ether for a little accountability?

I had probably the most disastrous 2022 imaginable. It wasn't without some positives, as I managed to further develop my career at a new Bank after being let go from a 20 year career at TD.

However, my love life was chock full of horrible mistakes. Selfish, short-sighted and hurtful mistakes.

My lone resolution is to become a better person this year. In as many forms as I can.

I don't do resolutions, but I do strive to try and be a better person each and every day and I'm sure your effort is noticed. You seem very well-liked on this website from my time browsing here. I know how we behave on the internet doesn't tell the whole story, but you seem to be a good guy so keep up the good work :)

I've specifically tried being very empathetic. It's easy to get mad at someone, but when you start to look at things from others' POV makes me calm down and realize their situation or the possible situations they're in.

One example is you get a couple rude customers at the grocery store during the Christmas season (although 99% of them were lovely). It's easy to think "What a f***ing rude asshole, f*** that person" and I think that's natural in the heat of the moment, but I also know the holidays can be both a very stressful time and a very somber time for many so I try to let it go and move on. I like to give others the benefit of the doubt.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Well, just as I started to feel better today, my mom has it. But hers is throwing up. Has done it twice now. Ugh. We JUST got over a sickness as you all know. And now this? My niece still feels sick. Now her step dad is nauseous.

Nobody in that house has thrown up.

Just my mom twice today. The rhea earlier. Stomach pains. I'm going to assume this is the stomach bug going around. Hopefully she doesn't throw up anymore. I always stress out when my parents get sick. I'm doing okay today. Better than days ago. So I'm taking care of her. She feels a bit better at the moment. But I'm just watching her. Sipping on small amounts of water every 15 minutes. Then at 8 she'll do the pedialyte. Please send healthy healing vibes and prayers to my family once again. We can't catch a break with these sicknesses going around.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Some of you may have picked this up on Facebook, but my youngest broke his wrist pretty bad last Thursday. Had just walked in the house and got the text. I will save you all the horror of the picture, but his wrist/forearm was…not straight. So i left and met him and his mom at the hospital. Four hours later they confirmed it was a “very angular” break and would likely require surgery and some pins. Being so late they just bandaged him up and sent him home with Tylenol.

Next morning we head back to the hospital. The anesthesiologist says the doc is “old school” and isn’t cutting in unless he has to. So they knocked out the little guy and 5 minutes later they were done. Just repositioned everything and soft casted him. In docs words, “with kids this young, you put the bones in the same room and they’ll find each other.”

So we go back now next week for follow up. If things aren’t lining up they’ll consider pins. If it all looks good i believe they’ll cast the arm.

Just turned 8 and already we’ve broken a collar bone and now the wrist. Boys will be boys i suppose.

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
I love miniatures in a general sense. I'm not sure why. Even dollhouses - I think they're fantastic. I probably wouldn't share that with my beer league team, but I'll share it with you guys lol

Reactions: GordonHowe

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
Some of you may have picked this up on Facebook, but my youngest broke his wrist pretty bad last Thursday. Had just walked in the house and got the text. I will save you all the horror of the picture, but his wrist/forearm was…not straight. So i left and met him and his mom at the hospital. Four hours later they confirmed it was a “very angular” break and would likely require surgery and some pins. Being so late they just bandaged him up and sent him home with Tylenol.

Next morning we head back to the hospital. The anesthesiologist says the doc is “old school” and isn’t cutting in unless he has to. So they knocked out the little guy and 5 minutes later they were done. Just repositioned everything and soft casted him. In docs words, “with kids this young, you put the bones in the same room and they’ll find each other.”

So we go back now next week for follow up. If things aren’t lining up they’ll consider pins. If it all looks good i believe they’ll cast the arm.

Just turned 8 and already we’ve broken a collar bone and now the wrist. Boys will be boys i suppose.
Poor kid! Hope he heals fast!

Reactions: eightspokedb

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Man I love my job but some aspects are just meh. I know we are not even a month open but I hope this isnt how Kellys is run.

Scheduling is f***ed every week it seems
Managers act out of pocket with employees

Like I was talking to a fellow coworker and was saying how the ribbing at work doesnt offend me she says it offends her cuz 2 of the managers always comment on what she eats and she has an eating disorder. She also told me when she tapped a manager on the shoulder he said dont touch me bitch. I said well tell the regional manager and she says it was him.

Maybe not true but something imma keep my eye on

• Wow
Reactions: ProdigalFan and BMC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad