OT - NO POLITICS Sammiches, haircuts, and cakes ….oh my!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
da0a1b16-a580-4e19-b78e-4dd09ddd06c7_text.gif

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Give me alllllllll the frosting. It's all good.

My mother used to make a Hershey cake with homemade buttercream frosting that was outstanding.

Nothing Bundt Cake has great frosting too. Oh, and it's that time of year for their peppermint chocolate cake which is amazing.

.........I feel like I'm cheating on cookies :laugh:

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Love the original Mighty Ducks.

D2 is overrated.

I get my hair cut every two weeks.
Fade, triple 0 on the sides, trim the top, hard part

Blueberry pie.
I hate homemade cake, which pisses my wife off.
Give me a good store made cake from Hannaford or Shaws.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Sweets and the like don't do it for me. I'd much rather have salt all day long over sugar. My kids think I'm crazy because I barely even bother with ice cream. It just doesn't hold my attention.

Orientation time. Open next Friday!
A super beef with the wiz and extra sauce, and their onion rings and I'm all set for the day.

Reactions: GordonHowe

hrdpuk

Fossa
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
Kentucky
Lets continue.

Not a big cake eater. Do like Boston Cream or an Italian rum cake though.

More of a pie guy.
I remember really delicious Italian rum cakes coming from Boston . My parents had to keep a constant watch that I didn't eat it until I got sick . But I always managed to sneak a couple pieces undetected .

I mostly like fruit pies these days

Reactions: Gee Wally

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Love the original Mighty Ducks.

D2 is overrated.

I get my hair cut every two weeks.
Fade, triple 0 on the sides, trim the top, hard part

Blueberry pie.
I hate homemade cake, which pisses my wife off.
Give me a good store made cake from Hannaford or Shaws.
The kid who plays Gunnar Stahl in D2 plays Scooter the Eden Hall goalie in D3

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
The casual use of the nickname "Oreo line" is still crazy to think about looking back on this movie.

Don't forget the whole conceit of the movie aimed at children and family audiences springs from our sympathetic main character drinking and driving, which is passed off as comedic.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
Prior to my wedding and being a big fan of Ring Dings at that time,and not being a drinker,I penned a letter to Drakes about using Ring Dings in my wedding,either as the cake or in a toast. A few days later,with great surprise, I got a call from Drakes to come in to the offices to talk about it. They offered me 3 options; 1.They would make my wedding cake. 2.They would give me the ingredients and the instructions to make my own 3.They would give me all the Ring Dings I wanted to use as I saw fit. All for nothing but a picture. I chose number 3. They gave me approximately 50 boxes of ring dings with which we constructed our own cake and then used them in a toast. Fast forward 30 years,I'm no longer a big fan of ring dings,but I do have the memories!!

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Prior to my wedding and being a big fan of Ring Dings at that time,and not being a drinker,I penned a letter to Drakes about using Ring Dings in my wedding,either as the cake or in a toast. A few days later,with great surprise, I got a call from Drakes to come in to the offices to talk about it. They offered me 3 options; 1.They would make my wedding cake. 2.They would give me the ingredients and the instructions to make my own 3.They would give me all the Ring Dings I wanted to use as I saw fit. All for nothing but a picture. I chose number 3. They gave me approximately 50 boxes of ring dings with which we constructed our own cake and then used them in a toast. Fast forward 30 years,I'm no longer a big fan of ring dings,but I do have the memories!!

Im still a sucker for a ring ding. Been years. But ya with a cold glass of milk real good.

Reactions: TD Charlie and BNHL

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Don't forget the whole conceit of the movie aimed at children and family audiences springs from our sympathetic main character drinking and driving, which is passed off as comedic.

I mean the message was pretty accurate. If you have a prestigious enough job with the right connections and/or enough money the legal system will give you a slap on the wrist.

Did a pretty good job of setting expectations for me as I grew up

• Haha
Reactions: EverettMike

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Sweets and the like don't do it for me. I'd much rather have salt all day long over sugar. My kids think I'm crazy because I barely even bother with ice cream. It just doesn't hold my attention.

A super beef with the wiz and extra sauce, and their onion rings and I'm all set for the day.

We get a free meal every shift. Some dudes are down here from Mass. Sooo good to hear the accents.

I lost mine when I moved

• Haha
Reactions: LSCII
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad