OT - NO POLITICS Sammiches, haircuts, and cakes ….oh my!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
So I’m not a drinker at all. When I lost my kidney as a child the doctor told me to avoid motorcycles, contact sports and alcohol and I’d be able to live a normal life.

(Turns out he told all of his pediatric patients to avoid motorcycles…and it had nothing to do with kidney health, 😂).

Anyway my 22 year old got a drink last night called a Tropicali….

I’m a huge mango fan and it has mango rum, regular rum, lime, mango syrup and mint in it.

Short story long, I might become a drinker!
😂😂

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
1672501186062.png

Reactions: BMC

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Luna. is from Harry Potter. She probably would have had a different name if I knew how many people were naming their pets Luna.

When I went to the cat shelter. She kind of skipped up to me right away (there were many kittens). She made me think of Luna Lovegood.
View attachment 628464

I have actually never read one word of the Potter books or seen any of the flicks. No interest, but very heartened that the books turned a lot of kids on to reading. They will be readers the rest of their lives. :clap:

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
I forsee Kellys getting messy out here already 3 complaints that coworkers either don’t speak english or only a lil bit. I speak broken Spanglish and even im having trouble.

3 complaints about coworkers that take orders up front or coworkers who just put the meals together in the back?

Last edited:

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Great intellectual, philosopher, and theologian. Benedict was the one who brought back the Latin Mass, which is a beautiful experience. He didn't have the dynamic personality or charisma that John Paul II had as pontiff, he was much more introverted and wasn't well suited for such a public position - a major factor in his decision to abdicate (I think other pernicious influences behind the scenes forced it too). Still my favorite Pope. JPII inspired people with his public appearances, but he was actually pretty lax on a lot of issues (both theological and temporal). And my thoughts on Francis I'll keep to myself.

Reactions: BMC

eightspokedb

pickee chickadee
Sponsor
Jul 17, 2002
cave of caerbannog
Visit site
I have actually never read one word of the Potter books or seen any of the flicks. No interest, but very heartened that the books turned a lot of kids on to reading. They will be readers the rest of their lives. :clap:
Whenever there's a HP marathon I am glued...
I'm still seeing things I never caught before.

The opening scene in Sorcerer's Stone is phenomenal.... Richard Harris and Maggie Smith are perfect and I watch it every time it's on....

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Just wanted to share this, I am an avid contest enterer. My total for the 2022 was just over $7,200.00 worth of prizes. I have won many epic prizes over the 25 years I have been doing it. I also make a rule that I will give prizes away to family and friends, no strings attached, just take it - for example I gave away a mountain bike, a couple of Keurig coffee makers. It is an addiction, I love the chase.

This year I won numerous small gift cards to KFC, Taco Bell, McDonalds etc. I wanted to do something nice with them so I gave them to homeless people on street corners and also to the cleaners who work so hard at the mall we walk at in the winter months. The joy and gratefulness were unbelievable. I feel a little guilty that they weren't gift cards that I paid for...lol Giving feels so good and the fact that my hobby allows me to do this makes it even better.

I also donated toys to toy drives, a year's supply of yogourt to the Food Bank and about 1,000 books to a local high school and university (I won 3,000 classic books in a Penguin contest believe it or not).

I can't wait to see what I can win in 2023!

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Just wanted to share this, I am an avid contest enterer. My total for the 2022 was just over $7,200.00 worth of prizes. I have won many epic prizes over the 25 years I have been doing it. I also make a rule that I will give prizes away to family and friends, no strings attached, just take it - for example I gave away a mountain bike, a couple of Keurig coffee makers. It is an addiction, I love the chase.

This year I won numerous small gift cards to KFC, Taco Bell, McDonalds etc. I wanted to do something nice with them so I gave them to homeless people on street corners and also to the cleaners who work so hard at the mall we walk at in the winter months. The joy and gratefulness were unbelievable. I feel a little guilty that they weren't gift cards that I paid for...lol Giving feels so good and the fact that my hobby allows me to do this makes it even better.

I also donated toys to toy drives, a year's supply of yogourt to the Food Bank and about 1,000 books to a local high school and university (I won 3,000 classic books in a Penguin contest believe it or not).

Phenomenal!you have a true givers heart.

Can I please have some of your luck?

Bocephus86

Mar 2, 2011
Boston
Lol……hate to tell you this but as life winds down, time speeds up.
My friend's dad used to say that life is like a roll of toilet paper: the closer you get to the end the faster it goes.

Life is a roll of toilet paper....it goes faster as you near the end
I swear I did my last post before turning the page haha

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts

If you are old enough, you might remember the Coca Cola ad. (No, not the Don Draper one.)

The tag line: "It's the Real Thing."

And that's what you're doing. Compassion, generosity of spirit, and kindness are the real thing.

You get it.

Je doff mon chapeau,

:clap::clap::clap:

"Nice guys finish first.

"And if you don't understand that, you don't understand where the finish line is."

- Gary Shandling

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
You should either read or watch (or both) the Harry Potter series. Well written and the movies have some great actors!

Thank you for the suggestion, but I'm lazy and I bore easily.

It's been awhile since I read my last book -- Eden on The Charles, about the making of Boston's Back Bay and beyond -- though I used to have a library of them.

I've never seen a luggage rack on a hearse. (Though maybe when Stills and Crosby spotted Neil driving his in LA, which led to the formation of Buffalo Springfield, Young had one atop.)

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Thank you for the suggestion, but I'm lazy and I bore easily.

It's been awhile since I read my last book -- Eden on The Charles, about the making of Boston's Back Bay and beyond -- though I used to have a library of them.

I've never seen a luggage rack on a hearse. (Though maybe when Stills and Crosby spotted Neil driving his in LA, which led to the formation of Buffalo Springfield, Young had one atop.)
well than...watch the movies!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad