Value of: Sami Vatanen for comparable LHD or 2nd line LW/RW

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Vatanen and a top 3 protected 1st for Fowler. Fixes our lack of RHD issue and gives the Devils an area of need. Also compensates the Ducks with a 1st for the difference in ability between the two.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Vatanen and a top 3 protected 1st for Fowler. Fixes our lack of RHD issue and gives the Devils an area of need. Also compensates the Ducks with a 1st for the difference in ability between the two.
I like it from anahiem... and i think its prob interesting from nj perspective(top picks protected for meltdown), tho i think jersey will be a playoff team, pick realistically will be 20+ .

Fowler-Subban
Smith-Severson
Greene-butcher

Looks fairly solid going forward

Ducks go
Lindholm manson
Guhle vatanen
Larsson hakanpaa/mdz

Anahiem is kinda rebuilding so downgrading at defense and getting another 1st to grab more assets next year would be good... could potentially use it to move up next year.

I really wanted anaheim to grab subban and go fowler - subban

Last edited:

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I like it from anahiem... and i think its prob interesting from nj perspective(top picks protected for meltdown), tho i think jersey will be a playoff team, pick realistically will be 20+ .

Fowler-Subban
Smith-Severson
Greene-butcher

Looks fairly solid going forward

Ducks go
Lindholm manson
Guhle vatanen
Larsson hakanpaa/mdz

Anahiem is kinda rebuilding so downgrading at defense and getting another 1st to grab more assets next year would be good... could potentially use it to move up next year.

I really wanted anaheim to grab subban and go fowler - subban

Yeah I like it but I’m sure a lot of Ducks fans wouldn’t. We aren’t competing next year anyway so I can take the downgrade for another 1st.

That said I would roll with Lindholm - Vatanen as a pairing and see if Manson and Larsson can work - they did look good for spurts of last year but also had some struggles. Put Lindholm and Manson back together late in games to defend leads.

Reactions: Getz2noone

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Highlyy doubt NJ gets a top 6 forward for a D man less than a year from UFA

right which is why I brought up forwards who are also a year from UFA like Hoffman and Toffoli

I think I would probably do this. It would give the Devils a competent defense

Fowler-Subban
T. Smith-Severson
Greene-Butcher

Reactions: Paul4587

Hagged

Jul 6, 2009
Yeah I like it but I’m sure a lot of Ducks fans wouldn’t. s.

Vatanen had a negative value last time he played in the Ducks with his tire fire defense. What makes you think he would do any better this time?

Basically Fowler for a 1st, awful for the Ducks.

ADD-devil950003

Dec 6, 2006
NY
Yeah if you're willing to trade your next 5 unprotected 1st rounders...

Rakell is good but this may be the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever read on Hf. 5 unprotected first round picks? Over valuing your own players a bit? Where the devils are as a franchise right now, I don’t know if I’d trade one unprotected draft pick for RR.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
I hear tell the Sabres are looking for RHD's, maybe the Devils should ring them up.

SlapshotTheMovie

Jan 18, 2013
I think that as the Devil high office sees things is that Sami Vatanen is regarded highly in the defensive department of the squad. Sami is also relatively cheap dollarwise, so it is hard to see why to remove him...
They move him because he is a ufa at the end of the season that wont resign in NJ.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Craig Smith.

Also on an expiring deal - will pot you 20+ goals and can plug into your top six.

For the Preds, we get insurance in case Fabbro falters and needs to be sheltered more but we also lose scoring which is something we lack so this might hinge on if Tolvanen is ready to step up. Maybe a mid-season trade?

Hall - Hischier - Bratt
Smith - Hughes - Palmieri
Coleman - Zajac - Simmonds
Wood - Zacha - Hayden

---

Josi - Ellis
Ekholm - Fabbro
Hamhuis - Vatanen

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Vatanen for Kase?
Kase is a very under the radar good player.... if he ever stays healthy hes almost a lock for 30 goals/60+ points. Ive seen both players a ton, and id never move kase for vatanen.
Vatanen had a negative value last time he played in the Ducks with his tire fire defense. What makes you think he would do any better this time?

Basically Fowler for a 1st, awful for the Ducks.

Your post is awful, vatnen would be a solid add for our top 4... and it would allow Larsson/guhle/mahura to get mins in a season where we don't have expectations.... we also add a 1st in a fairly solid draft that hopefully we can use to find another cornerstone dmen like Lindholm. Right now Larsson/guhle/mahura are fighting to play on their off side, or the remaining mins after fowler/Lindholm play... id rather just put them in a sink or swim situation and see how they do, because i think all 3 have a lot of potential to do fine. I like the idea of having lindholm play with vatanen, and let manson be a little bit of a saftey net for the young dmen.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I'd do this.
I think its a solid trade form both perspective... fowler gives you a guy that can skate well with your forwards.... and honestly ive been saying for years I thought subban would be a great partner for fowler. Fowler could waive his NTC to go to NJ... as its not far from where he is from(+ players he knows well like palmeiri/hall)… good young team with a lot of potential. I actually like the fit for fowler there.

Reactions: New Jersey Devils

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad