Value of: Sami Vatanen for comparable LHD or 2nd line LW/RW

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA
You need a new perspective. I’m not trying to keep Vats and I stated that already. If we want to become contenders again, we will need to really load up on futures and this next year’s draft will be that draft where we can finish the rebuild. It is one of the deepest drafts ever. Any first rounder or middle-second rounder can produce a top six/top pairing player. It may equal the 2003 draft.

Keeping players who won’t be around in two years is counter-productive, will produce a mediocre team at best and be wasting key years of Drew Doughty’s career. I’m trying to build a perennial contender, not barely miss the playoffs or barely make it to get whacked in the first round by Vegas.

No. I know what you ment. But it's a stupid premise. You want to doing something like they did with Pearson last season which turned into Hagelin and then a pick. Which is a waste of time when you can just trade Toffoli and Martinez or whoever else for draft picks later at the TDL after they hopefully bring their value back up.

And whomever wanted Vats when LA tries to trade him would be a later picks in the draft (like the Muzzin trade without the added prospects). Which really doesn't make since if Toffoli and whomever can bring their value back up and be traded for the same thing.

Rhodes 81

grit those teeth
Nov 22, 2008
Atlanta
Devils give: Vatanen
Devils get: Vatanen, but playing on the left side.

It's not ideal, but it's better than any of the other options.

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
While I'd like to get Vats. LA needs more scoring not less. So moving Toffoli (@ his lowest value) is a stupid move all

The idea is to have a puck moving dman that can move the puck to the forwards. Doughty is fantastic, but it's just him and Martinez.

Also a firm believer in having vet dmen that help the forwards develop by being competent in the defensive zone, while also help in advancing the play.

Ruutu Tootoo

Oct 16, 2014
Morris County, NJ

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad