Value of: Sami Vatanen for comparable LHD or 2nd line LW/RW

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
The Devils are set on the right side with PK Subban and Damon Severson so if they could find a taker for Vatanen, I think they might jump at the chance. Vatanen is signed for 1 more year at $4.875 million

Their last remaining needs are a 2nd line winger and a DMAn comparable to Vatanen that can play the left side.

The first players that come to mind are TJ Brodie on D and Mike Hoffman and Tyler Toffoli as wingers. Not sure how realistic that is but just spitballing.

Any thoughts? Anyone interested?

Last edited:
Reactions: JackFr

thefutures

Sponsor
Jul 2, 2017
Toffoli also came to my mind rather quick, id imagine the Kings would add a piece?

Stephen Gionta

Boston College > Boston University
Jun 15, 2015
East Rutherford, NJ
Im not so sure that LA would want a 28yr old for TT, they'd probably be looking for picks and prospects.
What kind of package of picks and prospects would it take from New Jersey to acquire Toffoli?

His value is at an all time low so I can't imagine much. Though I think a change of scenery would serve him well.

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
What kind of package of picks and prospects would it take from New Jersey to acquire Toffoli?

LA probably waits for TT to hopefully return to some sort of form under a new coach, before flipping him near the deadline if they dont plan on re upping him.

If he was moved now id ask for a 2nd and decent prospect, if at the deadline with a 20 -30 goal return to form id be after a 1st +

Reactions: go4hockey and YP44

Stephen Gionta

Boston College > Boston University
Jun 15, 2015
East Rutherford, NJ
so you want us to trade a player who is younger/better/cheaper than Rico was when we traded vats for, for an older vats only signed for one more season? come on now.

Well other than Rackell, not really any other Duck forwards that would interest the Devils. So not really any deal to be had here.

Ajaton Azer

A small hamster
Dec 5, 2005
Spandex
I think that as the Devil high office sees things is that Sami Vatanen is regarded highly in the defensive department of the squad. Sami is also relatively cheap dollarwise, so it is hard to see why to remove him...

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
As a Ducks fan would love to have Vats back but I don`t think we are good trade partners.
But some suggestions here are head scratching. Vats is signed for 1 year and is an UFA after. He is not making much sense for teams not being in contention for the cup.

Reactions: Spazkat

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad