Value of: Sami Vatanen for comparable LHD or 2nd line LW/RW

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
As much as I’d love that ... no way in hell Ducks do that . Stud young 30+ goal winger
3.8 mil for 3 more seasons.... if rakell ever hit the market due to a rebuild(tho he fits the age), I assume every team with cap issues would offer a cap dump+ their farm to acquire.

Devilsfan118

Sing us a song, you're the Schiano man
Jun 11, 2010
NJ
3.8 mil for 3 more seasons.... if rakell ever hit the market due to a rebuild(tho he fits the age), I assume every team with cap issues would offer a cap dump+ their farm to acquire.

Honestly the Ducks might be smart to shop him because, like you said, a cap-strapped team would probably pay a FORTUNE for him on his current deal.

Hell, offer to retain 50% and watch as teams throw blank checks at the Ducks.

That said, don't think there's a package the Devils could (would be willing to) put together for Rakell.

Reactions: Getz2noone

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Honestly the Ducks might be smart to shop him because, like you said, a cap-strapped team would probably pay a FORTUNE for him on his current deal.

Hell, offer to retain 50% and watch as teams throw blank checks at the Ducks.

That said, don't think there's a package the Devils could (would be willing to) put together for Rakell.
I consider the idea all the time but we still got to ice a competitive team or attempt too

thefutures

Sponsor
Jul 2, 2017
LA would be willing to move Toffoli but surely not for a pending UFA, let alone add.
Yeah admittedly i dont really know what the king's are looking for atm, i also didnt see the contract situation. I was more so saying their talent is similar with the recent edge to Vat.

Reactions: go4hockey

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I'd love him on the Oilers but I think Colorado is a great partner. Maybe Vegas if the Devils retain. Might be the Gusev trade

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
Yeah admittedly i dont really know what the king's are looking for atm, i also didnt see the contract situation. I was more so saying their talent is similar with the recent edge to Vat.

Got it that makes sense. As for any trade LA would be looking for picks/prospects and will have to wait till closer to the deadline in hopes he bounces back and raises his value.

Reactions: TheNewKid

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Got it that makes sense. As for any trade LA would be looking for picks/prospects and will have to wait till closer to the deadline in hopes he bounces back and raises his value.
Man if kings have a bad season and get some more assets back for guys like carter/toffoli and stuff.... they are going to be set up for a very good and very young team for a long time.

Reactions: go4hockey

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
The Avs literally just traded their best RD because they have too many of them.
They just traded their best puck moving D. Lots of teams had success with too many D. With Barrie, I think there's been bad blood there pushing him out of Colorado. But maybe the Avs would prefer to sign Gardiner?

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
They just traded their best puck moving D. Lots of teams had success with too many D. With Barrie, I think there's been bad blood there pushing him out of Colorado. But maybe the Avs would prefer to sign Gardiner?
Pretty sure the aves can stay with what they have.. I feel like people forget about timmins and how good he can be. The scary part is none of them are even old enough to drink yet..... aves are going to have a pretty dominant back end to go along side a top 3 center, and a top 5ish winger.

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
Man if kings have a bad season and get some more assets back for guys like carter/toffoli and stuff.... they are going to be set up for a very good and very young team for a long time.

That’s what the hope is Let’s see how it plays out. But a bounce back from those guys would be very helpful.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
Some ducks fans want to trade Henrique for a RD (vatanen) and devils want to trade vatanen for a winger/center (Henrique)

Yeah if they were both UFAs after this season it might work, but I don’t think New Jersey wants Henrique back at $5.825 mil per for 5 seasons.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
I think Anaheim should re acquire him

Completely agree. Vatanen had his best years in Anaheim anyway. Anaheim also lacks RHD. LOw risk high reward for Anaheim on a 1 year remaining deal. What’s debatable is what anaheim has to give up for him.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
Vatanen and a top 3 protected 1st for Fowler. Fixes our lack of RHD issue and gives the Devils an area of need. Also compensates the Ducks with a 1st for the difference in ability between the two.

Why would Devils offer that? The first seems like over payment. The skill set of vatanen and Fowler almost offsets by itself. Vatanen can play defense just as good as Fowler. And Vatanen can score goals Fowler can’t. Besides the one year remaining contract I don’t see why a first is added.

And I don’t see why a first is a difference maker regarding the deal. Make it a 2nd or 3rd. You’re seriously reaching with the Value of Fricken Fowler.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
I consider the idea all the time but we still got to ice a competitive team or attempt too

As a Ducks fan. People go to watch Getzlaf and Rakell at Honda Center. It’s gonna take a lot I mean a lot to pry Rakell away from Anaheim. I personally don’t even think Murray would be open to it outside of a overpayment.

New Jersey Devils

Doc & Chico Forever
Jun 20, 2007
NJ-NYC
I think its a solid trade form both perspective... fowler gives you a guy that can skate well with your forwards.... and honestly ive been saying for years I thought subban would be a great partner for fowler. Fowler could waive his NTC to go to NJ... as its not far from where he is from(+ players he knows well like palmeiri/hall)… good young team with a lot of potential. I actually like the fit for fowler there.

100% agree.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad