Post-Game Talk: Same Ol' Oilers

Status
Not open for further replies.

OilerSuperstar17

Oct 5, 2012
JP was buzzing tonight, made some good defensive plays, was skating. Good first game.
Drai was decent. Saw a couple turnovers, missed the puck when exiting the zone that led to Boeser's 4-2 goal but did make a nice pass to Yamo for the first goal.
Larsson was terrible despite scoring a goal.
Connor couldn't muster much tonight.
Kahun gets his 1st Oiler point on the Nurse goal, him and Yamo were excellent on Drai's wings.
Barrie and Turris didn't do much.
Koskinen did good but should've had a couple of the goals.

Reactions: Giggleplex

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Gonna go ahead and order my Brock Boeser jersey. Great player on a good team. Canucks are going places this season.

On that Boeser goal in the 3rd, Kassian has to make more of an effort to block that pass. A little stick swipe doesn't do it. Go horizontal for better results.

Just too many Oiler forwards with little or no defensive efforts.

Reactions: I am the Liquor

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Positives: I really liked Kahun on the Drai-Yamamoto line. Also, Yamamoto is f***ing amazing.

Negatives: Literally everything else (besides Koskinen who was ok).

Biggest negatives: Literally everything even vaguely related to defence. Also a mighty poor showing from the top line until the last few minutes of the third.

Edit: Positive for other team: As a big Holtby fan, glad to see him have a great game. I'd love to see him have a great season, except when he plays us.

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007
Sit Larsson, Chiasson and JJ. Larsson personally responsible for 3

how bout Barrie?

would have loved to eat crow but this guy was lost almost as bad as Larsson, but at least Adam the offensive dynamo managed some redenption on the scoresheet. Still hope Barrie can build some chemistry before too long.

Klefboms role was obviously underappreciated here but I think Nurse, Bear and even Jones have plenty of PP experience and success in their careers. We should be okay but we cant expect less intelligent players to step in and pick up where Klef left off. Going to be a work in progress and we cant afford to leave points on the table in this division.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
Meh.

Nobody really looked ready. I'm not super concerned, but that was not great.

I like Kahun. Feels like only a matter of time until that line clicks, IMO.

Singh is pretty bad on play by play. Don't care for that at all. Just doesn't seem to have the voice for it or something. Felt very unnatural to me.
yah, agreed, however ill give him time, but he was boring and didn't bring up any facts or anything relevant, just stuck to calling the game, didn't add any flair beyond saying Yamamotooooooooio. He didn't announce key moments well, like last minute of a period or the oilers pulling the goalie until after it happened.

first game jitters, lets see how he does tomorrow.

FiftyFifty

Mar 13, 2018
On the positive side, they socially distanced pretty well. I noticed Koskinen chose to self isolate in the last minute. Pulju also had to quarantine for a couple minutes at the end. Tippett didn’t wear his mask well though.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
The Drai-Yamamoto-Kahun Chemistry was the only bright spot tonight. Koskinen was good too just got screwed
Yep. They really looked good, didn't even get any breaks tonight and they had two goals. All of them played well. Kahun has really good edges, evasive, and good puck vision working with Draisaitl. Drai had a beasting game. Setup so much tonight.

Topline was a disaster, and got outscored on the night. Can't happen when you got 22M of players on that line. Gotta be better. nuge was lost in space most of this game turning the puck over for fun against the faster Nucks. He serviced McD with a good play once all night.

McDeepika

Aug 14, 2004
Way too many turnovers by guys that shouldn't be trying to make plays.

Kharia/Chiasson are awful. Kassian might be too. He has been horrible since the Tkachuk incident.

Dan Kelly

Sep 27, 2017
yes they are indeed the same old Oilers....can't play defense and has sh*tty goaltending. :facepalm::surrender

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
They didn’t even need Markstrom. They beat the piss out of us.

That they did. Nucks played well and EDM still looked like they were in training camp mode. No one was ready except a few players. lol

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Time to let Draisaitl and Turris be the top 2 centres and use McDavid as our superstar D. Put Larsson in net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad