Post-Game Talk: Same Ol' Oilers

Status
Not open for further replies.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Meh.

Nobody really looked ready. I'm not super concerned, but that was not great.

I like Kahun. Feels like only a matter of time until that line clicks, IMO.

Singh is pretty bad on play by play. Don't care for that at all. Just doesn't seem to have the voice for it or something. Felt very unnatural to me.

He's average and very cookie cutter. Maybe JM will be good luck when he starts calling games. lol

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
Well that sucked a big one.

Need to clean up the chinsy errors or we can forget about winning a game in this league. Just too many unforced errors, blown assignments, and too little attnetion to details. Too many times we failed to clear the zone or get the puck in deep.

My whipping boy for the night was Nuge. I've never seen him play so poorly. That has to be his worst game of his career.

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton
I can't find one good thing about this game.

Drai and Kahun look good
KK looked like Pronger compared to our other D

That's it

Reactions: Crabapple

DrDrai

The OG
Jan 28, 2007
Edmonton
It’s kind of funny, you don’t see chiasson all game really until the team really needs a goal on the PP then there he is messing everything up.

Game 1 usually sucks, but it really was the same old crap again. Team passing is like a 4/10, we rarely have sustained control that looks dangerous.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
There was promise. Play in the O zone was great, tons of pressure, tones of chances. PP looked good (despite sloppy passing)

Now, Defense and sloppy passing is what failed them this game and it can be excused for the first game, especially with no preseason games to work on this. Slow start ruined this. Oilers carried the play from the 2nd on and gave up some killer goals due to bad reads by Jones and Larsson. I don't think you can read too much into this game.

tomorrow they better ready to play and make some crisper passes and play tighter D.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
McDavid with little chemistry with his wingers.... just horrible D and bad breakouts again.

King1s

Jan 27, 2015
Edmonton
Haha. That was garbage but at least I have no more hope for this team so I can't be disappointed.

Oh wait. I am.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Looks like the same team from the play-ins. Bonehead defending giving the other team chances to pick their spots on wide open shots right around the net. And we can't get a clean chance around the net to save our lives. At least no own goals by Russell were possible.

russ99

Jun 9, 2011
Well well well. I guess defensive zone play without the puck actually means something and you can’t wish it away with 10,000 stretch passes.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
I can't find one good thing about this game.

Drai and Kahun look good
KK looked like Pronger compared to our other D

That's it
NURSE was our best D and if anyone on here thinks otherwise you guys are biased as hell.

Larsson was crap and so was our so called #1 starter who doesn’t know how to use his glove KOSKINEN

McXLNC97

Mar 20, 2007
B.C.
Canucks were okay but really shot ourselves in the foot too much

Exactly....can't be going 0/4 on the pp. Chiasson needs to get booted off the PP. Holtby made some big saves, which Koskinen did not. Nuge did not look very good out there. Kahun was very noticeable creating chances.

Reactions: nabob

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
Canucks were okay but really shot ourselves in the foot too much

Yeah, can't win when you manage the puck like that and lose your assignment all over the ice.

This looks exactly like the lacklustre play in team. They need to be better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad