Post-Game Talk: Same Ol' Oilers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
The nice thing is that we have regular hockey now. The Oilers will figure this out. Bunch of dumb mistakes led to the goals against tonight, the offence produced enough chances to stay in this game. Win tomorrow and all is well.

Emotive

Oct 6, 2017
Meh.

Nobody really looked ready. I'm not super concerned, but that was not great.

I like Kahun. Feels like only a matter of time until that line clicks, IMO.

Singh is pretty bad on play by play. Don't care for that at all. Just doesn't seem to have the voice for it or something. Felt very unnatural to me.

I wasn't a fan either, but to be fair he probably wasn't even expecting to be doing it. I assume Gene and Jack are out because of covid protocol, so they just needed to stick someone up there with Louie. Don't know if Michaels will be able to go tomorrow, but if not looking forward to Saturday. If anything at least he'll add some excitement to the broadcast lol

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton
I say this after every game.

These guys should do nothing, but practice board battles. For pure D, none of our pairs would be a top pair on another team. Nurse and Bear are just a cluster F out there. So many unforced errors. Just a frustrating game. Reminded me 100% of game 1 CHI. Had no cohesion or anything at all going

Reactions: bobbythebrain

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
The good and they were very good - Draisaitl, Kahun, Yamamoto, Koekkoek early on

Everybody else ranged from meh to a flaming, stinking bag of smelly disgusting flaming dog shit with RNH in particular being the latter.
What about Larsson? ;)

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
yeah yeah its only one game but honestly wtf

how is it that Oilers have this magical ability to make these washed goaltenders look Vezina caliber

we didn't deserve to win this one

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
4th line was purely abysmal. Just awful all around.

3rd line got absolutely nothing done and spent 80% of the time chasing.

2nd line best line ainec

1st line All McDavid no one did shit all to help

Defense as a whole was just bad. Koekkoek was the best?

Penalty kill was ok. PP not clicking. Koskinen could of been better but definitely not his fault we lost.

3IR

Feb 12, 2019
Top line was garbage.
Second line was good
Third line was mostly invisible, but I think JP looked the best of the bunch.
Fourth line needs to be shot into the sun. Swap Archi and Ennis and then bench the entire fourth line.

D is exactly what I expected of our D without klef. A bunch of Dmen playing above their heads and forwards who don't know how to help them out.

We're going to need to score a lot more goals if we wanna be a top Canadian team this year.

DropTheGloves

Sep 18, 2020
Turris-McDavid-Puljujarvi
Kahun-Drai-Yamo
Ennis-RNH-Archibald
Benson-Shore-Kassian

Nurse-Bear
Koekkoek-Barrie
Russell-Bouchard

Reactions: Oilhawks

RandomGuy79

Oct 4, 2017
Surrey
Khaira gets waive and he responds with laying an absolute egg tonight.
I have always had hope for him, but now my only hope is that this was his last game in an Oilers Jersey.

He showed good promise at one point at being a solid bottom 6 guy who could PK, fight, dig in the corners and put the odd puck in. Whatever happened to him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad