Post-Game Talk: Same Ol' Oilers

Status
Not open for further replies.

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
He wasn't the problem, and he wasn’t the solution. Not awful, not great. Other tender was better.
Exactly this. Nobody is saying he is to blame, but man it would be nice to have a goalie make a great save and bail us out. Defensively we are crap, and we don’t have a rock star goalie that can steal us games either. As you said perfectly, nobody is blaming Koskinen but he sure as hell didn’t win us the game either.

Reactions: bellagiobob

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Right back into the Oilers depression, Too bad its impossible to escape this team.
giphy.gif

Never came out of my depression.

Old Boys Club

Anita Max Wynn
Nov 3, 2013
Honestly reminded me of 14-15 era Oilers.

Is it just the ghosts of Oilers passed? I swear I saw Klinkhammer out there... no I must've been mistaken, that was Chiasson.
Was that Nikitin who left his man wide open? Ohhhh, Larsson you say??
Viktor Fasth starting in net? Koskinen, ahhhhhh.
Who is this "Yamamoto" player, I only know of one sub 5'7 Oiler: Marc Arcobello.

YakDavid

Dec 12, 2010
A thing to note is in a season where there is a taxi squad we have fringe players playing like tonight

Lacaar

Jan 25, 2012
Edmonton
The Drai-Yamamoto-Kahun Chemistry was the only bright spot tonight. Koskinen was good too just got screwed

I thought he was f***ing awful.. seriously.. sometimes... sometimes you need to make a f***ing save.
I know everyone is rusty but he got his ass handed to him by the other goaltender. I think it was the single difference in the game.
I felt we had more chances.. but if we made 1 f*** up.. it was buried.

Oilers get 5 chances.. score once.
Canucks get 2 chances.. score once.

Just seemed how it felt to me I guess

RipsADrive

Sep 16, 2008
Edmonton
I dunno, I don't think I'm as down on the team after this game as the rest of the board.

Loss was more frustrating because this game was so easily winnable. Felt more like a self inflicted loss rather than being beat.

Too many brainfarts by the defence and the forwards need to bury their chances.

Koskinen was OK. A better goalie maybe could have won us this game but I'm not laying the blame at his feet.

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
Well. Gee. So lots of McChances. Kahun/Draisaitl chemistry is maybe a thing, though Kahun needs to defer a bit less. PP looks very good though results weren’t there. Puljujarvi looked alright. So much size, reach, and skating there. Better balance than V1.0.

I’ll refrain from the negatives except for “for Christ sakes why can’t this team defend, like at all.”

dss97

Aug 30, 2010
Hated everything about that game aside from Drai.

Don’t like this PP, no one wants to shoot the puck. I would like to see Bouchard on the point.

This defence sucks.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
New lines:

Kahun - McDavid - Pulju
DRY
Ennis - Turris - Kassian
Nygard - Shore - Neal

Nurse - Bear
Koekkoek - Barrie
Russell - Jones

Reactions: CameHameHa

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Canucks were okay but really shot ourselves in the foot too much

A lot of it goal effects and being down and chasing game all night. We were pushing forward, getting caught. We were always behind and the Canucks pace can make an opponent desperate to try to get something going at times.

I'll say this, I have no idea why people were high on Turris. He's not much at this age.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Not a lot of good and the bad was really bad.

This is simple way to sum it up.

I believe the team we have this year is slightly better on paper than last. But it's absolutely more fragile. Has significantly worse defense on a team that wasn't good enough defensively to begin with.

Last year's team would have won that. Klefbom would obviously been better than Jones and 0 for 4 on the PP...

The team is significantly different. Tippett needs to figure out the team and the new PP quick.

McTedi

Jul 16, 2008
Edmonton
how bout Barrie?

would have loved to eat crow but this guy was lost almost as bad as Larsson, but at least Adam the offensive dynamo managed some redenption on the scoresheet. Still hope Barrie can build some chemistry before too long.

Klefboms role was obviously underappreciated here but I think Nurse, Bear and even Jones have plenty of PP experience and success in their careers. We should be okay but we cant expect less intelligent players to step in and pick up where Klef left off. Going to be a work in progress and we cant afford to leave points on the table in this division.
LOL...give it a rest. Not sure of the Barrie hate but it won't age well. The PP will get it together as soon as Chiasson is off it.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
I don't know what people saw in Kahun other than one maybe two decent give n go with Drai.

He has got the Toby Rieder vibe to him.
Disappointed in Turris and Barrie as well.
Puljujarvi looked the same as before but hopefully gets a longer leash this time around.

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton
Khaira gets waive and he responds with laying an absolute egg tonight.
I have always had hope for him, but now my only hope is that this was his last game in an Oilers Jersey.
This is the most troubling sign with him. Either that deflated him, which is terrible, or you go out there and play balls to the wall. He looks like he is just going through the motions. Guys like Yammo, etc must get furious inside watching floaters like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad