Post-Game Talk: Same Ol' Oilers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
According to Naturalstattrick Larsson and Jones got 0 offensive zone shift starts. It was all neutral or dzone which is quite tough
Bear and Nurse had the same defensive zone faceoffs, and more neutral zone faceoffs.

After this play tonight, Larsson doesn't deserve to line up for a faceoff in any of the zones.

Reactions: McTonyBrar

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton
Another thing the Oilers always have trouble with is creating intensity. Look at that exhibition game against CGY before the play in. That was like a playoff game. Both teams had high intensity. If the other team like the Canucks just lay low and play a good game without initiating much, the Oilers just follow suit and fall asleep. No fire.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Being on the ice with good teamates does not make a good game. Erik Gustaffson has went several games with positive #'s.

Nurse and Bear were far from great, and Nurse in particular stifles the offense several times a game with his terrible decisions. Again, you can't blame him for a turnover whatsover, but you sure can blame him for pressuring a guy standing upright and not making a single attempt to stop a pass. He recognized the turnover, skated toward the puck carrier, but 1000% let that pass happen cuz he made no attempt to use his stick. A boatload of NHL dmen would not have done that and maybe even disrupted the play. It
You can also blame Adam Larsson and Caleb Jones for letting 2 Canucks walk in the slot completely uncontested and score. You can blame Koekkoek for getting out skated and out muscled by Boeser.

Nurse played almost half the game and in that half we outscored the Canucks 2-1. In the other half when every other D pair was on the ice we were out scored 4-1. Nurse was not even close to a problem tonight in fact he was one of maybe 5 players who had a good game.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Sorry for the offense. I thought I was being witty:confused:. You have every right to be mad but don't make a statement like that and claim anyone who thinks otherwise is out to lunch.
Nurse bobbled 3 pucks at the blueline, despite the goal not being his fault on the turnover...attacked a player with his STICK IN THE AIR when any decent dman would have reached in, and just wrung it blindly around the boards as he ALWAYS does. several times
He scored a goal....yippppeeeee. Far from calling him the best dman on the team. SK was by far the better dman. Nurse has no business playing the minutes he does providing what he does.

Thank you for the apology. Bobby I've found out by now that talking to you about Nurse doesn't come out good because you hate him and I like him. So, I won't say anymore

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
Should at least be Krussell in net.

NoUG.gif

Reactions: Al from New Jersey

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
You can also blame Adam Larsson and Caleb Jones for letting 2 Canucks walk in the slot completely uncontested and score. You can blame Koekkoek for getting out skated and out muscled by Boeser.

Nurse played almost half the game and in that half we outscored the Canucks 2-1. In the other half when every other D pair was on the ice we were out scored 4-1. Nurse was not even close to a problem tonight in fact he was one of maybe 5 players who had a good game.
Outside of his complete inability to keep a puck in at the line I thought he was fine.
Nurse is rarely a guy who will have a good game but he mostly has even games or slightly better.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016

And back to the age old question...how many shifts does he get with Drai and McD?

Missing smitty

Oct 1, 2018
Only defenseman that had a good game was Koekkoek.
Everyone else ranged from bad to ugly. Did not like Barrie at all.

Bottom 6 the only bright spot for me was Puljujarvi overall. Turris was a whole bunch of nothing.

Line 1 was awful outside of McDavid, just no chemistry, poor passing, giveaways.

Line 2 was good.

Koskinen was good but still, 5 GA. Mostly on our dunderheads playing in front of him.
Our PP failed us. The right shot looks weird at the point and the players don't seem used to it.

That Vancouver team is not one to fold. People forget the beat the Blues last ear and took Vegas to 7.
There's a lot of fight in that team and they play hard and simple.
Boeser made us look silly, true chemistry between him an Pettersen. Didn't have to break stride at all on that second goal, and we couldn't make 10' passes.

Markstrom and Demko beat the Blues and took Vegas to 7. Without those 2 standing on their head, they lose in 5 to St Louis.

Reactions: Snipes45

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Do not under any circumstances break up Drai and Kahun. They were outright magical at some points.

A bit outside the box why not Kahun on RW and put Yamamoto with McDavid. He could use a spark plug beside him over the passengers he’s gotten

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton
That's not their fault.
This is also 100% true. it is not. What will happen is DN will say' hey man, look, I play top minutes. I need the big bucks!"

Bad cycle to get into. You pay non top guys big $$ and then can't get actual big players. Holland doesn't seem that dumb though. He is already having a good stance with RNH.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Outside of his complete inability to keep a puck in at the line I thought he was fine.
Nurse is rarely a guy who will have a good game but he mostly has even games or slightly better.
Pretty much. People hone in on these little plays he makes or doesn’t and ignore the net result which is always pretty good. I guess because he’s big and skates so well he’s expected to be a superstar or something.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Pretty much. People hone in on these little plays he makes or doesn’t and ignore the net result which is always pretty good. I guess because he’s big and skates so well he’s expected to be a superstar or something.
People see him in the #1 d spot and expect a #1 d. He isn't that and never will be. Which isn't his fault really. Although he seems to expect #1 d money which is a different issue entirely.

Reactions: Oilhawks

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
A bit outside the box why not Kahun on RW and put Yamamoto with McDavid. He could use a spark plug beside him over the passengers he’s gotten
We have 6 right shot right wingers on the roster, we don't need to be trying to turn left wingers into right wingers

BigFuzzyDice

the giant Kane in your azz
Jul 8, 2016
I'd critique the oilers but apparently the genius driving the stomper account thinks noting the oil made their typical tall round pile giving up2 quick in the 3rd after waiting 10 months to see a regular season game is trolling . so, way to play boys... great game.

On a side note is anybody
else having issues on mobile where the typing goes apeshit crazy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad