Same ****. Different day. Oilers lose 3-2.

Sloth Slothersons*

Good job you ****ing losers.

So in all honesty... at what point do we just call it a year? Vancouver wins tonight and we're going to be 7 points out of 4th in our division. 8 games into the year.....

Not an ounce of push back in the 3rd. Team is full of losers. Hall is the only one of our 3 first overalls worthy of the pick.

Sick of this team. Sick of these losers.

The name in this statement changes every game.

But ya, we suck.

CageRage

Aug 15, 2009
I wonder if Ralph Kreuger is sitting somewhere watching this gong show and laughing his ass off.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Also... fourth line gets limited to a few minutes and still manages to take a penalty that costs a goal against.

The amount of damage these guys are managing to cause with almost no minutes is pretty remarkable.

Dec 3, 2005
Vancouver BC
Terrible mess we're in. On the bright side this might just be what the doctor ordered to get rid of the old boys club and force Katz to bring in real managerial talent. Or not. Pretty disgusting.

McXLNC97

Mar 20, 2007
B.C.
Also... fourth line gets limited to a few minutes and still manages to take a penalty that costs a goal against.

The amount of damage these guys are managing to cause with almost no minutes is pretty remarkable.

That pp from Gadzik was the result of Petry not being able to get the puck out of his own zone, which eventually led to the penalty.

GretzkytoKurri9917

"LIVE LONG AND PROSPER"
Oct 6, 2008
Gotham City
Kevin Lowe is one thing but I'm not sure how MacT is so clueless when he dumped most of the dead weight and brought in better players.

I consider him clueless because of how the top 6 is built and how he doesn't have the cojones to trade one of the top forwards to bring in an element(s) that will improve this franchise.

I strongly believe that a top 4 of RNH/Eberle/Hall/Yakupov is not the right mix to ever win a cup.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
with all due respect to eakins, wtf does that even mean?

Guys aren't buying in, simple to see. I'm sure that the center is supposed to cover the slot in his system. On all the goals tonight the center wasn't where he was supposed to be because he was cheating trying to win a puck battle on the boards. Our team needs to learn you can give them the boards all day and let them take a shot from the perimeter. No reason to have two guys in a board battle in your own zone.

Edit:Also doesn't help that our defence makes soft passes up the ice that don't get out of the zone. Our D needs to be ringing those pucks around the boards so hard that the opposing defencemen don't want to stop it.

oilinblood

Aug 8, 2009
Talent is a big deal no doubt but what really separated Tavares is the compete level, you can have a mediocre team but if the compete is through the roof it will be a good squad, for **** sakes the flames look more competitive then us so far

The flames are like the late 90s oilers... they have a couple decent players, unknown youngsters, and journeymen scrubs. They win and compete because they know they cant win on skill... the Oilers need to realize THEY DONT HAVE SKILL>

I think MacT has done what he can when he can, to improve this team. I dont doubt that he has been working his butt off and wearing out his phone just trying to get options available.

Up the Irons

Mar 9, 2008
Canada
That doesn't mean it shouldn't have happened. I think it should've. Who cares if he becomes a 40-50 goal winger. We have other much greater needs, and he's completely one-dimensional, anyway.

Trade him, already. The team doesn't need him. We need D and a decent goalie.

Completely agree. If u r a onedimensional scorer u better b getting 50 and once or twice 60. A one dimensional 35-40 goal isnt all that valuable. Yak is probably the latter.

Team needs a shake up. cobourne and simmonds for Yak. Done.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Brian Burke should've been hired in the off-season. The hockey gods are punishing the Oilers for just promoting Lowe's buddies. Even if Mac T has done some good things, it just seems like we're cursed.

hmminvisiblecola1279

there are kids in it
Jul 9, 2002
no thanks
Visit site
Disgusting effort, lots of passengers tonight and we didn't have hardly anything going. No lines going, at least Dubs played well.

Bang on Replacement, but apparently this all falls on Yakupov. Watch the game again and check out the effort for most of the players on this team, it sucked. Dubynk was much better, hard to ****ing blame him when the goalscorers for the Islanders have open looks in the slot. Embarrassing and now the excuses and blame come out. Anyone here old enough to remember when Burnett(coach) was here, it is getting very close to that. I have no faith in MacT to fix this mess either.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
Well trading him now is pointless, his value is low and you're dealing from a position of weakness. Some GM is just going to fleece us, that's all that's going to happen now.

Which is why I'm mad he wasn't traded in the summer for much greater team needs--or even the pick itself, before he was selected.

Like I said in another post: I don't have a problem with Yak. I have a problem with the fact that he shouldn't even be on the team to begin with. That pick or Yak himself should've been traded for greater team needs. I think I've said that enough, now.

ghostnights

Oct 8, 2010
Edmonton
Completely agree. If u r a onedimensional scorer u better b getting 50 and once or twice 60. A one dimensional 35-40 goal isnt all that valuable. Yak is probably the latter.

Team needs a shake up. cobourne and simmonds for Yak. Done.

I would do that deal in a second.

oilinblood

Aug 8, 2009
Guys aren't buying in, simple to see. I'm sure that the center is supposed to cover the slot in his system. On all the goals tonight the center wasn't where he was supposed to be because he was cheating trying to win a puck battle on the boards. Our team needs to learn you can give them the boards all day and let them take a shot from the perimeter. No reason to have two guys in a board battle in your own zone.

aactually... we have this issue with letting in goals from terrible angles...so no...we cant give them the boards all day.

This is what happens when you have a third stringer signed as your #1 NHL... starter for workhorse money.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Despite his record two goal night, I think Hall is a big part of the problem

I agree, Yakupov SHOULD be looking to shoot in that situation, not sure why Hall was pissy about it, if anything he needs to get his ass in front of the goalie to set a screen instead of looking for a cheap hat trick rebound.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary

Team needs a shake up. cobourne and simmonds for Yak.
Done.

Great, that brings in the goalie we desperately need! :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad