Same ****. Different day. Oilers lose 3-2.

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
So give us a couple of wins and it's 3-5 say. Cause for concern but no RNH to start, no Gagner, lots of new additions & new coach with new systems.

To me it's the effort level that's concerning and you wonder if guys are playing to get traded

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Yes. Every GM makes mistakes. He corrected his mistake. In a timely fashion at that, unlike some of our dopey management decisions that get dragged on for years.

It's like saying Mischa Barton isn't that good looking ... well OK, maybe she's not your cup of tea, but seriously compared to a 300 pound obese woman, she's a freaking 10 by comparison.

Well BB isn't going to make Miller change his mind for starters. And BB's biggest issue is goaltender assessment.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Krueger had a team with a ridiculously inflated PP shooting %, capable looking goaltending, and a handful of guys who could actually kill a penalty.

And still tanked.

He'd have none of those things this year. The record can't get much worse, but every game would be like the Vancouver game.

McRpro

Cont. without supporting.
Aug 18, 2006
Clown World
What scares me is the comments after this game which remind me a lot of Burnett's tenure. A head coach who is in over his head and players who blame each other. I don't think the players respect Eakins judging by their system play so far. I don't see guys who care or even want to try now, very much like the Burnett year.

I recall a quote by Corson saying something along the lines of 'Burnett's minor league tactics don't work in the NHL'. That was much later in the season just before Sather replaced Burnett behind the bench. I sure hope Eakins isn't George Burnett 2.0 :cry:

Othello*

On the bright side you guys are guaranteed 5+ power plays vs the sens...

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
How much would Weber cost? Yak + 1st + Klefbom?

More. And he probably would not waive his NTC either. Nashville's not making the playoffs either most likely, but at least the weather is nice and he can go to the movies/grocery store/etc. without getting recognized and bothered.

Why waive to play in Edmonton.

hmminvisiblecola1279

there are kids in it
Jul 9, 2002
no thanks
Visit site
I recall a quote by Corson saying something along the lines of 'Burnett's minor league tactics don't work in the NHL'. That was much later in the season just before Sather replaced Burnett behind the bench. I sure hope Eakins isn't George Burnett 2.0 :cry:

I recall that as well and the swarm defense doesn't look like it is going to work as well. Still early, but I see players that are quitting already. It isn't acceptable and MacT's tenure is off to a horrendous start, color me surprised.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad