Same ****. Different day. Oilers lose 3-2.

Moose Coleman

Apr 12, 2012
Precisely.

Hall would loose his temper if all this was directed his way after 54NHL games played.

My concern is its a cheapshot convenient scapegoating of a player already in the doghouse. What kind of support is that? Yaks paid a price already sitting out two games. Yak will be back, its a 6 game cold spell, which has happened to every one of these players.

My biggest concern is that Halls frustration is directed selectively. Whens the last time he directed something like that Eberle or RNH's way if they were struggling. It wouldn't happen, I doubt ever. But with Yak? OH yeah, hells apples. Thats what kind of stinks about this.

That Hall is such a meanie. What kind of leader treats his teammates that way?

A number of players who were there reported that early in Nilsson’s tenure, Messier grabbed him by the throat, pinned him up against the dressing room wall and said something along the lines of “Listen you little *****. You’ve spent your entire career floating, but we don’t play that way. Do it just once and you’ll be going back to Sweden in a box.â€

-Al Strachan "go to the Net: Eight Goals That Changed the Game"

Oh.

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
jesus christ you guys sure know everything.

you have no idea what Hall said to Yakupov. lots of assuming here. Maybe they were supposed to do a set play on the PP.

Even if he was pissed at Yaku, Hall also never singled Yakupov out after the game.

You slobber all over him when he dives to stop an empty net goal but if he barks at a teammate, god forbid he should be captain?

Any of you actually played sports before?

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Precisely.

Hall would loose his temper if all this was directed his way after 54NHL games played.

My concern is its a cheapshot convenient scapegoating of a player already in the doghouse. What kind of support is that? Yaks paid a price already sitting out two games. Yak will be back, its a 6 game cold spell, which has happened to every one of these players.

My biggest concern is that Halls frustration is directed selectively. Whens the last time he directed something like that Eberle or RNH's way if they were struggling. It wouldn't happen, I doubt ever. But with Yak? OH yeah, hells apples. Thats what kind of stinks about this.

what I don't get is why Hall is livid at Yak for shooting the puck...it was a great shot and Yak's got a blistering clapper

McBeastMode

Dec 29, 2012
Beside my neighbor..
That is kind of weird. They definitely censored his comments. You go to the just audio section and you get a replay of Perron. This definitely can't be a coincidence. Probably trying to nip this in the bud before the eastern media latch on and beat it to death for the rest of the season.

Anyone who thought Yak had a good game last night needs to go back and have another look. Don't watch the puck, isolate Yak and actually watch what he does out there. If you still think he played well then you are probably have a problem with yourself.

Here's the full Hall interview from the Islanders NHL site...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuHl1R6ZFmw&feature=youtu.be

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
That Hall is such a meanie. What kind of leader treats his teammates that way?

Oh.

C'mon. Messier would do something like that with a player that was not bringing it period.

Heres a question. Would Messier be outhit, outscored, and outchanced by the player he's pinning to the wall over the last 50 or so GP?

Yak per minutes played, as a raw rookie had more hits per minute, and bone crushing ones, that Hall and Eberle combined last year. Maybe something is off with these Messier comparisons at this point.

I hope Hall becomes a Mess type leader but quite clearly he isn't anywhere near that and doesn't have the licence to pull **** like this till he's earned it. When Hall is a consistent top performer that even has a clue what a winning effort is then he can play cop with players not bringing it. The irony being Hall wasn't bringing it about only one period prior to his outburst.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
jesus christ you guys sure know everything.

you have no idea what Hall said to Yakupov. lots of assuming here. Maybe they were supposed to do a set play on the PP.

Even if he was pissed at Yaku, Hall also never singled Yakupov out after the game.

You slobber all over him when he dives to stop an empty net goal but if he barks at a teammate, god forbid he should be captain?

Any of you actually played sports before?

He singled him out DURING the game, on the ice, in front of both benches and for everybody to see. Isn't that worse?

Yeah, if you've played hockey you know what that does to a player, to a team, and to a relationship on the team. Pretty clearly Yak was not buying what Hall was selling there.

Halls post game quotes were also largely deleted by the club suggesting some other things were stated that the club or the site, deemed inappropriate. Suddenly a 52sec clip became a 10 sec hall postgame clip.

Moose Coleman

Apr 12, 2012
C'mon. Messier would do something like that with a player that was not bringing it period.

Heres a question. Would Messier be outhit, outscored, and outchanced by the player he's pinning to the wall over the last 50 or so GP?

Yak per minutes played, as a raw rookie had more hits per minute, and bone crushing ones, that Hall and Eberle combined last year. Maybe something is off with these Messier comparisons at this point.

What do hits have to do with anything? Good lord. The point here is Yak isn't the first player to be called out by a more senior teammate (if indeed that is what happened) and he won't be the last.

I hope Hall becomes a Mess type leader but quite clearly he isn't anywhere near that and doesn't have the licence to pull **** like this till he's earned it. When Hall is a consistent top performer that even has a clue what a winning effort is then he can play cop with players not bringing it. The irony being Hall wasn't bringing it about only one period prior to his outburst.

Pull **** like what? You haven't the faintest idea what was said, the context, the aftermath, none of it. Put bluntly: you don't know what you're talking about.

Moose Coleman

Apr 12, 2012
He singled him out DURING the game, on the ice, in front of both benches and for everybody to see. Isn't that worse?

Yeah, if you've played hockey you know what that does to a player, to a team, and to a relationship on the team. Pretty clearly Yak was not buying what Hall was selling there.

Yeah: you get over it. And you keep it in mind for the next time your teammate ****'s up and then give it right back.

Halls post game quotes were also largely deleted by the club suggesting some other things were stated that the club or the site, deemed inappropriate. Suddenly a 52sec clip became a 10 sec hall postgame clip

OMG IS CONSPIRACY. Oh wait: the full interview is up on the Isle's site and it is dishwater dull.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Yeah: you get over it. And you keep it in mind for the next time your teammate ****'s up and then give it right back.

OMG IS CONSPIRACY. Oh wait: the full interview is up on the Isle's site and it is dishwater dull.

Thanks. Wouldn't say its dull. I would say its Hall ironically speaking about other players individual play. Which is hell bells ironic. jmo

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
What do hits have to do with anything? Good lord. The point here is Yak isn't the first player to be called out by a more senior teammate (if indeed that is what happened) and he won't be the last.

Pull **** like what? You haven't the faintest idea what was said, the context, the aftermath, none of it. Put bluntly: you don't know what you're talking about.

Do you think Hall was inviting Yak out for dinner and drinks? Clearly he was riding Yak and mouthing off at him. Do I have to know exactly what he stated. Myself and several others looking at that are noting that he's clearly venting at Yak. You disagree, fine and good.

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
Why do people still cling to the silly thought that this team ever intentionally tanked any season at all. The team has legitimately been that bad and have been trying to win in all those years of last place, just like this year.
Wow. Talk about clueless. Go back and take a look at our rosters for the last five years. Nobody assembles a roster like that unless you are trying to lose. Its undeniable.

What's "silly", since you brought it up, is trying to lay all the blame at Lowe's feet when anyone with eyes should be able to see that Lowe at least tried to be competitive during the EIG years. The tank and the disgrace this franchise is today was all Katz's planning.

Come on. How many guys have played the game and not been b**ched out by a teammate or been b**ched out by one?
That says the same thing twice, but anyway.

Yeah, sorry. I didn't play for millions on national TV. Different standards for professionalism.

Last edited:

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
How so? Because they didn't instantly turn into a Stanley Cup contender? If you thought the plan was "draft high then BAM, Stanley Cup!" the issue IMO is with your expectations.

Also, if you think the Oilers are in any way worse off now than they were four years ago, you are simply out of your mind.

Atlanta: two top five picks in the last decade (2008, 2009), both of which are shaping up to be cornerstone players in Winnipeg.

New York Islanders: four top five picks in the last decade (2009, 2010, 2011, 2012), one of which looks like a star, one a bust and two where it's too soon to say.

Panthers: Four top five picks in the last decade (2003, 2010, 2011, 2013), one of which was traded, two of which look like blue chippers and one who is playing his rookie season.

Blue Jackets: three top 5 picks in the last decade (2003, 2010, 2012). One busted, two TBD.

Most of these teams haven't even begun to see the fruits of drafting high emerge. How you can say they have "failed miserably" is beyond me.

So how long is it supposed to take then? We were the worst team in the league 4 years ago, and it looks like nothing has changed. 7 points out of a playoff spot 8 games into a season. Beyond belief really. Is this supposed to be a 10 year rebuild? 15 years? Is it unreasonable to expect a team with THREE first overall picks to at least be competitive by now?

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
Why do people still cling to the silly thought that this team ever intentionally tanked any season at all. The team has legitimately been that bad and have been trying to win in all those years of last place, just like this year.

Oh yes, it's clear by now that the team has been trying to win for years, just massively incompetent fools driving the bus. But most fans embraced the idea of intentional tanks, even if they weren't actually intentional. This is the result. Oops.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad