Same ****. Different day. Oilers lose 3-2.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
Same argument was made about Eberle last year.

Difference is Yakupov hasn't been signed to a long term overpayment yet.

Let's see if he scores 34 goals. I doubt he will any time soon. And even if he does, we have greater needs than another scoring winger. THAT is my point.

Up the Irons

Mar 9, 2008
Canada
Call: yak gone b4 november.

If that doesnt get them to turn corner, more to come at deadline. Eberle could be gone next summer.

There jury is in on this core. Not good enough.p

tempest2i

Jigsaw Falling Into Place
Oct 25, 2009
Cowtown
I'm going to start betting against the Oilers so I at least get something positive to forward to after all these losses.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
No team is trading a highly drafted player after a successful rookie season. Do you see Florida talking about trading Huberdeau? Or Colorado trading Landeskog?

You need to go on two-three years of druken benders like Seguin to get dealt, lol (and honestly I think that will be a trade that looks bad on Boston in a year or so).

That doesn't mean it shouldn't have happened. I think it should've. Who cares if he becomes a 40-50 goal winger. We have other much greater needs, and he's completely one-dimensional, anyway.

Trade him, already. The team doesn't need him. We need D and a decent goalie.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Disgusting effort, lots of passengers tonight and we didn't have hardly anything going. No lines going, at least Dubs played well.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
We're going to have to trade 2 of the big 4 for defensive help
None of our defensemen are better than a #3-4 on a playoff team

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
That doesn't mean it shouldn't have happened. I think it should've. Who cares if he becomes a 40-50 goal winger. We have other much greater needs, and he's completely one-dimensional, anyway.

Trade him, already. The team doesn't need him. We need D and a decent goalie.

Well trading him now is pointless, his value is low and you're dealing from a position of weakness. Some GM is just going to fleece us, that's all that's going to happen now.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
I agree he should be traded and have been advocating it even before the pick. I would have like to see him go for Yandle+ at the time, even now Id have no problems trading him for someone like Carlson or Bogosian. Yak is by far one of the least problems with this team though, and has started to buy in to two way play. I think once he gets his first point the flood gates will open for him.

It's not that he's hurting the team directly, it's the fact that he should've been traded to HELP the team in other areas. Can no one grasp this? (Not saying you.)

oilinblood

Aug 8, 2009
Our talent overall is overrated. Hall included (gulp).

Tavares was head and shoulders better than any of our kids tonight, just a total beast, but you could tell that was just another day at the office for him, nothing special.

I have hope for RNH. RNH wasnt as physically mature as Tavares at draft and is still 2 years behind. JT is awesome though, and we all knew he was a great pick...that was a great draft too.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I feel bad for the fans who are suffering.But,I just find it beyond comical because of how clueless Kevin Lowe and Craig Mactavish are.

Kevin Lowe is one thing but I'm not sure how MacT is so clueless when he dumped most of the dead weight and brought in better players.

KlimasLoveChild

Feb 25, 2012
Why do you dislike Yak so much...Every single post you've made tonight has been about him...You probably harass the kid on Twitter as well. Every goal scorer goes through slumps. Especially young guys. Remember how everyone was writing off Ovi three years ago?

Now that we have high end talent, it's time to trade future draft picks, and prospects not yet in the NHL to get pieces we need, not trade our quality for someone elses quantity.

He rags of Yak pretty good and I have to admit he is winning me over.:(

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
Our talent overall is overrated. Hall included (gulp).

Tavares was head and shoulders better than any of our kids tonight, just a total beast, but you could tell that was just another day at the office for him, nothing special.

Talent is a big deal no doubt but what really separated Tavares is the compete level, you can have a mediocre team but if the compete is through the roof it will be a good squad, for **** sakes the flames look more competitive then us so far

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
Pretty much sadly. We just picked the wrong years to tank. Typical Oiler luck.

Yup. Can't wait until the individual pieces go elsewhere and succeed.

Good thing we're on the hook for a new arena Katz doesn't have to pay for.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
Why do you dislike Yak so much...Every single post you've made tonight has been about him...You probably harass the kid on Twitter as well. Every goal scorer goes through slumps. Especially young guys. Remember how everyone was writing off Ovi three years ago?

Now that we have high end talent, it's time to trade future draft picks, and prospects not yet in the NHL to get pieces we need, not trade our quality for someone elses quantity.

Because we don't need another scoring winger. We need defenseman, a goalie, better centres. That pick should've be traded in the first place before he was even drafted. But it sill could've been salvaged this summer after he had a decent, but offensively sporadic, season.

I don't hate Yak. I hate that the pick or Yak himself wasn't traded for glaring team needs. That's what I have a problem with.

molsonmuscle360

Jan 25, 2009
Ft. McMurray Ab
It's not that he's hurting the team directly, it's the fact that he should've been traded to HELP the team in other areas. Can no one grasp this? (Not saying you.)

Yes, everyone understands what you are trying to say. Can you just comprehend that a majority of us here don't agree with you. Peoples opinions differ, just because you are louder about yours, doesn't make you right.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad