Same ****. Different day. Oilers lose 3-2.

McOilbleeder

We are all Kloppites
Aug 5, 2006
Oil Country
Get Christian Ehrhoff. For the love of god, get someone who can play tough minutes and can also move the puck, all the while keep possession.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Nooooooooooooooooooooo. Never to Brian Burke.

As opposed to this gong show? Gimme a break. The "OMG, Burke is so bad" is laughable, if any GM had done what he's done with the Leafs in the same time frame that the Oilers have had with far more no.1 picks, we'd be throwing a parade in that GM's honor.

McXLNC97

Mar 20, 2007
B.C.
Get Christian Ehrhoff. For the love of god, get someone who can play tough minutes and can also move the puck, all the while keep possession.

With Buffalo and Philly in the same kind of mess as the Oilers, there's available trade partners to have a shakeup.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
As opposed to this gong show? Gimme a break. The "OMG, Burke is so bad" is laughable, if any GM had done what he's done with the Leafs in the same time frame that the Oilers have had with far more no.1 picks, we'd be throwing a parade in that GM's honor.

I don't think he's bad, but I don't think he's a drastic improvement either.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
Yes, everyone understands what you are trying to say. Can you just comprehend that a majority of us here don't agree with you. Peoples opinions differ, just because you are louder about yours, doesn't make you right.

Well then say it, instead of attacking me. Make a point--don't attack the messenger. Most people seem to lack the ability to make a coherent point in an intellectual discussion. That's not my fault.

molsonmuscle360

Jan 25, 2009
Ft. McMurray Ab
Great, that brings in the goalie we desperately need! :sarcasm:

I think it was shown tonight that goaltending isn't the big issue here. Heart and defensive zone ability is the problem. Working something out with Philly for one of their heavy forwards and a top 2 defenseman would be one of the few ways I see a reason to move any of the big 4. But really, I think maybe moving Gagner might be an idea with Arco playing so well. If we package him with our first for this year, we should easily be able to get the same return as we would for Yak or Eberle.

McRpro

Cont. without supporting.
Aug 18, 2006
Clown World
Bang on Replacement, but apparently this all falls on Yakupov. Watch the game again and check out the effort for most of the players on this team, it sucked. Dubynk was much better, hard to ****ing blame him when the goalscorers for the Islanders have open looks in the slot. Embarrassing and now the excuses and blame come out. Anyone here old enough to remember when Burnett(coach) was here, it is getting very close to that. I have no faith in MacT to fix this mess either.

I remember that season well. Started 2-0-2, everything looked great. Just over a month later our record was 3-18-?. That was the year I became a die-hard Oilers fan for some unknown ****ing reason.

oilinblood

Aug 8, 2009
NMC. Plus it still doesn't solve the problem between the pipes. Even if Dubnyk was better today.

There is a reason guys are running out of position...and its the fact that any shot, from any where on the ice, can be a goal on our goalies. This is also why we go down to block shots where the goalie has an unobstructed view. No faith in the goalies.

ITS OBVIOUS

McGoMcD

Aug 14, 2005
Edmonton, AB
meh, 1-6 but we have had no luck. We will catch some breaks. I think this team will get on a roll, sad part is it will be a massive up hill battle for the playoffs.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
It's not that he's hurting the team directly, it's the fact that he should've been traded to HELP the team in other areas. Can no one grasp this? (Not saying you.)

Trust me I get it, but we have a lot of fans on this board have come to love the guy and don't want to see one of their favourites traded.

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I think it was shown tonight that goaltending isn't the big issue here. Heart and defensive zone ability is the problem. Working something out with Philly for one of their heavy forwards and a top 2 defenseman would be one of the few ways I see a reason to move any of the big 4. But really, I think maybe moving Gagner might be an idea with Arco playing so well. If we package him with our first for this year, we should easily be able to get the same return as we would for Yak or Eberle.

I don't know. Goaltending wasn't the issue tonight, but it was for every other loss this season. I'm hoping the start of the season was just an abberation for Dubnyk but I'm not so sure.

oilinblood

Aug 8, 2009
NMC? No problem. MacT + Lowe + DVD = problem solved.

I think if we had D-man who could actually play D and move the puck, we'd have won tonight.

If we had a goalie we trusted...people wouldnt be getting out of position trying to stop long shots from happening.

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
He is a drastic improvement over what's here. Any mildly above average GM with proven experience would be.

Keep in mind this is a guy that gave Wilson an extension before the Leafs completely collapsed and missed the playoffs. For those not enamoured with the coach right now, is this the guy you want?

hmminvisiblecola1279

there are kids in it
Jul 9, 2002
no thanks
Visit site
I remember that season well. Started 2-0-2, everything looked great. Just over a month later our record was 3-18-?. That was the year I became a die-hard Oilers fan for some unknown ****ing reason.

What scares me is the comments after this game which remind me a lot of Burnett's tenure. A head coach who is in over his head and players who blame each other. I don't think the players respect Eakins judging by their system play so far. I don't see guys who care or even want to try now, very much like the Burnett year.

molsonmuscle360

Jan 25, 2009
Ft. McMurray Ab
I don't know. Goaltending wasn't the issue tonight, but it was for every other loss this season. I'm hoping the start of the season was just an abberation for Dubnyk but I'm not so sure.

He was playing big tonight, that's his game. I have to wonder if it's actually time to get a new goalie coach in Edmonton. I almost think tonight Dube's said screw how the coaches were telling him to play, and just play his style of goaltending.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Keep in mind this is a guy that gave Wilson an extension before the Leafs completely collapsed and missed the playoffs. For those not enamoured with the coach right now, is this the guy you want?

Yes. Every GM makes mistakes. He corrected his mistake. In a timely fashion at that, unlike some of our dopey management decisions that get dragged on for years.

It's like saying Mischa Barton isn't that good looking ... well OK, maybe she's not your cup of tea, but seriously compared to a 300 pound, obnoxious obese woman, she's a freaking 10 by comparison. We hired our GM because he's buddies with our other failed GM who got himself promoted. Truth.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad