Proposal: Sam Reinhart to van

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
I haven't gotten a problem moving our (high) first for Reinhart. Podkolzin along with it is an absolute no go for Reinhart though, as we're expecting him to step right in to a top 9, even a top 6, role as soon as he's here, on an ELC.

As I've mentioned, Eriksson is not a multiyear quagmire, merely a cap offset for a single year. He's only worth a 4.875 cap hit in the minors/on the taxi squad, has a bonus to be paid before the draft(?), and expires next offseason.

If Podkolzin is a must, or no salary can go back (in the Covid cap economy), then so be it. I agree Vancouver has to add to the OP's offer, and I'm flexible in what I'd like to see included outside of the, at worst, 7th overall pick. I wish Buffalo fans well trading Reinhart to one of the other West Coast teams, and hope they get the return their looking for. I'd then like to see Vancouver take a swing at him in free agency.

It costs a 1st just to unload Eriksdon on any team just for future considerations or a 7th

1+Eriksdon doesn’t get Reinhart A lot needs to be added

Last edited:

Three On Zero

HF Customer Service Representative
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Thanks for the Link. So if Sam Reinhart doesn't want to go to a rebuild at age 26, that's cool. What team exactly on the west coast isn't rebuilding?
Vancouver and Edmonton are the only teams. Vancouver isn’t exactly rebuilding, they have a good core with some bad contracts. They had a VERY poor year after winning two playoff rounds.

nergish

Jun 1, 2019
1st 2021
JT Miller
Brock Boeser
Braden Holtby

for

Eichel
Reinhart
Hutton (or whoever tf is Buffalo's backup these days)

Go big, or stay home.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
Vancouver is a world class city. Buffalo is not... You can't compare them. Plus I'm not aware of star players wanting out of Vancouver.

But why does buffalo do this?

A 1st in a crapshoot draft and Erikson? Why?
Buffalo was America's 4th largest city in 1909, it's impact on the last 100 year modern era is undeniable. Electricity to the masses, a northern border city less then 2 hours from Toronto, cost of living and property, not only in the city, but the surrounding suburbs and rural areas is second to none, the larger region on 2 great lakes, heading south and east to the foothills of the Appalachians, with hidden gems such as Letchworth State Parke, the Alleghany Mountains, outdoors activities for all seasons, including and especially sportsmen, it harbors among the most inexpensive shopping, and last, has a 50+ year storied sports franchises in both the NHL and NFL.

Yes, the Buffalo/Niagara Falls area isn't for everyone.
Yes, it holds a small/mid city, family oriented appeal.
Yes, its had its share of cyclical industry turnover in mass.
Yes, there are many other, as yet unlisted from above attributes.
And much more, it's how we like it here, no reason to grow gigantic, it takes the appeal away. The local Native American tribe, with multiple reservations in the immediate area often speak of this. So do many of us that were born, raised, moved here. It may not have the current twinkling lights of many cities from the past 50 years, but outside of Philedalphia, New York and Boston, there aren't any cities that have impacted the modern world across such a broad spectrum.

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
1st 2021
JT Miller
Brock Boeser
Braden Holtby

for

Eichel
Reinhart
Hutton (or whoever tf is Buffalo's backup these days)

Go big, or stay home.

Going big would be Pettersson + Hoglander for Eichel + Reinhart.

Miller and Boeser are good players but not worth trading both Eichel and Reinhart for.

AdvancedPressure

Jan 19, 2021
Virtanen, 1st, and perhaps a guy like Loui Eriksson on the last year of his deal to make the cap work. Keep in mind that Van's first will likely be a high pick and Virtanen still has some upside with a change of scenery.

Reactions: BlakeScheifehlaine

nergish

Jun 1, 2019
Going big would be Pettersson + Hoglander for Eichel + Reinhart.

Miller and Boeser are good players but not worth trading both Eichel and Reinhart for.

Deal. I would trade Pettersson and Hoglander for Eichel + Reinhart!
We keep our 1st rounder. Buffalo goes Swedish to build around Dahlin.

Not sure the cap works. Petterrsson is not likely to get the contract everybody once thought (10-11+ just ain't happening).

Sounds like Boeser is getting underrated here. He's been a more consistent player than Petey this year, he's honestly a stud.
I would not trade him one for one for Sam Reinhart.

Reactions: itwasaforwardpass

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
Van needs to add more, especially if they are taking LE. I am not much of a Reinhart guy, and a top 10 pick is nice, but VAN has to add more. A guy like Virtanen, especially with his off ice issues, has little value. Juolevi and Rathbone...yikes.

I'd say a 1st, LE and Podkolzin. If VAN is feeling confident, then say a 2022 1st. Maybe BUF sends back a 3rd.

Doesn't VAN need good Dmen rather than forwards? Is acquiring Reinhart where they want to be putting their trade assets?

That's horrific for Vancouver.

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me

Not sure the cap works. Petterrsson is not likely to get the contract everybody once thought (10-11+ just ain't happening).

Sounds like Boeser is getting underrated here. He's been a more consistent player than Petey this year, he's honestly a stud.

Canucks shouldn't do that.

Eichel at his best is the better player. But not enough to offset the fact Eichel is coming off a major injury.

krt88nc

Oct 7, 2017
Fayetteville, NC
So the guy is obvs on the way out from buffalo.

Would Vancouver's 1st(top 10) and a cap dump get it done for buffalo

1st, loui Erickson(last year of deal) @6m

Sam Reinhart 5.25m

are you sure you don’t want us to take on salary and Give you some prospects too

So what you are actually proposing is the Sabres give him to you for free AND help you our cap wise.

Nuckler

May 7, 2013
So the 1st offsets LE contract. Are we just giving you Reinhart?

It's a first in the top 10 possibly the top 5, not just a first. And it's 1 year of Erickson not multiple. If you think that is what it costs to dump 1 year idk what to tell you

Reactions: CascadiaPuck

Bertuzzipunch

Aug 9, 2020
are you sure you don’t want us to take on salary and Give you some prospects too

So what you are actually proposing is the Sabres give him to you for free AND help you our cap wise.
Yes a top draft pick is nothing these days lmao

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017

It'd require some short term cap dumps to go to the Sabres to make the cap work.

I can understand preferring Boeser over Reinhart.

threeVo

Jan 5, 2010
Tampa
It's a first in the top 10 possibly the top 5, not just a first. And it's 1 year of Erickson not multiple. If you think that is what it costs to dump 1 year idk what to tell you
No but it diminishes the return on a Top 6 C/RW in his prime thats proven he can score 25-30 goals every season

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Rather keep the pick, Canucks have drafted well lately. Cap is already going to be tight going forward. Plus, wasn't there alleged entitlement/attitude issues, similar to Jake Virtanen?
is your name Jim Benning.

giving up a first and getting out of the Lou contract and maybe Rathbone( no idea why Buffalo would want those other 2 guys as they have little to no value) and getting a very good top 6 player would be a huge coup for the Canucks.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
I think you gotta add a player with a potential future.

1st plus. Loui plus Virtanen for Sam Reinhart.

Probably fair altho I bet Vancouver would prefer to shed more salary as they are cap hell.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Keep in mind Hughes Petey Gonna need raises soon. I think Van easily moves a 1st plus Loui plus more Salary because Vancouver gonna need capspace to sign their future still. I think Podz and top prospects are off the list... I think it's likely Van would move more picks if Buffalo was willing to take more salary.

gianni

Apr 8, 2014
is your name Jim Benning.

giving up a first and getting out of the Lou contract and maybe Rathbone( no idea why Buffalo would want those other 2 guys as they have little to no value) and getting a very good top 6 player would be a huge coup for the Canucks.

Bringing in Sam Reinhart would be as effective as the Buffalo Sabres bringing in Taylor Hall. Not a fan of bringing in a core player from a team that has a culture of losing. Sabres are like the pre-McDavid Oilers right now, management didn't do a good enough job to surround the young talent w/ quality vets, now they need to rebuild the rebuild b/c of it. Not paying a high price for Sammy.

Uberpecker

Mar 3, 2011
Reinhart to Vancouver might not be the best fit roster-wise.

Buffalo would obviously try to capitalize on Reinhart's higher than ever trade value, which is to no small extent based on the fact that he has now proven he can be a 1C without great linemates.

A team that doesn't have a need for a top 6 center might not be willing to make the best offer.

Reactions: CanuckCity

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad