Proposal: Sam Reinhart to van

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
I haven't gotten a problem moving our (high) first for Reinhart. Podkolzin along with it is an absolute no go for Reinhart though, as we're expecting him to step right in to a top 9, even a top 6, role as soon as he's here, on an ELC.

As I've mentioned, Eriksson is not a multiyear quagmire, merely a cap offset for a single year. He's only worth a 4.875 cap hit in the minors/on the taxi squad, has a bonus to be paid before the draft(?), and expires next offseason.

If Podkolzin is a must, or no salary can go back (in the Covid cap economy), then so be it. I agree Vancouver has to add to the OP's offer, and I'm flexible in what I'd like to see included outside of the, at worst, 7th overall pick. I wish Buffalo fans well trading Reinhart to one of the other West Coast teams, and hope they get the return their looking for. I'd then like to see Vancouver take a swing at him in free agency.

Reactions: HockeyWooot

Bertuzzipunch

Aug 9, 2020
I haven't gotten a problem moving our (high) first for Reinhart. Podkolzin along with it is an absolute no go for Reinhart though, as we're expecting him to step right in to a top 9, even a top 6, role as soon as he's here, on an ELC.

As I've mentioned, Eriksson is not a multiyear quagmire, merely a cap offset for a single year. He's only worth a 4.875 cap hit in the minors/on the taxi squad, has a bonus to be paid before the draft(?), and expires next offseason.

If Podkolzin is a must, or no salary can go back (in the Covid cap economy), then so be it. I agree Vancouver has to add to the OP's offer, and I'm flexible in what I'd like to see included outside of the, at worst, 7th overall pick. I wish Buffalo fans well trading Reinhart to one of the other West Coast teams, and hope they get the return their looking for. I'd then like to see Vancouver take a swing at him in free agency.
Yeah we will have money at that time with a lot of crappy contracts gone when he becomes a UFA

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
Vancouver is a world class city. Buffalo is not... You can't compare them. Plus I'm not aware of star players wanting out of Vancouver.

But why does buffalo do this?

A 1st in a crapshoot draft and Erikson? Why?
Because Luke Hughes is better then any prospect Buffalo had and it’s not a crapshoot draft.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Yeah we will have money at that time with a lot of crappy contracts gone when he becomes a UFA

Exactly. It's a risk, there are other suitors in play that way, but our consolation prize then is keeping our highest draft pick since the Sedins, and Podkolzin, to take that risk.

Bertuzzipunch

Aug 9, 2020
Exactly. It's a risk, there are other suitors in play that way, but our consolation prize then is keeping our highest draft pick since the Sedins, and Podkolzin, to take that risk.
Which is great too. Either way we win but probably a better team sooner with reinhart but have no problem waiting on whoever we pick this year for most likely 1 year.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Which is great too. Either way we win but probably a better team sooner with reinhart but have no problem waiting on whoever we pick this year for most likely 1 year.

Who knows, maybe whoever we chose has the better career? We'd have to see who we get.

Reinhart's definitely the safer choice to improve the team though.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
So the guy is obvs on the way out from buffalo.

Would Vancouver's 1st(top 10) and a cap dump get it done for buffalo

1st, loui Erickson(last year of deal) @6m

Sam Reinhart 5.25m

While that might a great trade from the Canucks standpoint, I don't see the Sabres jumping at it so readily. You have to keep in mind that other teams would be interested in Sam Reinhart. The would probably outbid this offer.

If the situation were reversed and Reinhart was a Canuck and wanted out of Vancouver, would you trade him for a 1st and Loui Eriksson?

Bertuzzipunch

Aug 9, 2020
While that might a great trade from the Canucks standpoint, I don't see the Sabres jumping at it so readily. You have to keep in mind that other teams would be interested in Sam Reinhart. The would probably outbid this offer.

If the situation were reversed and Reinhart was a Canuck and wanted out of Vancouver, would you trade him for a 1st and Loui Eriksson?
I think if the canucks were in your situation we would have to listen to it. Look at ottawa getting 2 top 5 picks you see a lot of hope and excitement there. I think knowing that reinhart wants out is the biggest thing. I like buffalo a lot but is a top 5-7 more valuable than a mid or late first and a prospect?

Three On Zero

HF Customer Service Representative
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
I would assume that players that want out of Buffalo don't want any part of coming to Vancouver for similar reasons.
Article came out about how he wants to play in Western Canada and leave Buffalo

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
I like Sam Reinhart and I agree the Canucks could use a player like him in their top 6, but realistically he is a winger and I have zero interest in trading what could very well be a top 2-3 pick in the draft for the chance to sign Reinhart to long term contract that eats into free agency. At this point the Canucks are better off trying to get Hughes and Petey re-signed and spend next year trashing management for their terrible signings and waiting for Beagle, Roussel and Eriksson's contracts to expire. I understand the Sabres want for more, but the Canucks are in no position to be offering even our #1 so it's a non-starter for me. In 3 years when the Canucks top pair is Hughes and Clarke on his elc they will be happy they kept their pick and didn't trade it +++ for a $7million dollar winger for the Horvat line.

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
I would assume that players that want out of Buffalo don't want any part of coming to Vancouver for similar reasons.

Reinhart is from Vancouver and has said he wants to play on the beautiful west coast

Bertuzzipunch

Aug 9, 2020
I like Reinhart I do but Miller based on last year, is a PPG player, Reinhart ain't there yet.
Putting up 25 goals in buffalo without eichel or really anyone is very impressive. In a 82 game season he would be around the 35 goal mark or more. Love both players but like miller more cause he’s actually a canuck lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad