• D8DE369A-1B5E-4EA3-A600-18F7495E70F4.jpeg
    D8DE369A-1B5E-4EA3-A600-18F7495E70F4.jpeg
    45.2 KB · Views: 11
Reactions: BackGroundMusic

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
For all those Cap Wizzzards out there.

Max Domi, he of back to back 9 goal seasons just got a two year “bridge” deal for 3.15 a year.

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
For all those Cap Wizzzards out there.

Max Domi, he of back to back 9 goal seasons just got a two year “bridge” deal for 3.15 a year.

Well Bergevin is also a moron who is turning into MacTavish. So at this point I wouldn't take this into consideration with what Botterill has planned. Bergevin took a playoff team on the cusp of the Stanley Cup Finals a few seasons ago and has turned them into a barn fire.

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
Well Bergevin is also a moron who is turning into MacTavish. So at this point I wouldn't take this into consideration with what Botterill has planned. Bergevin took a playoff team on the cusp of the Stanley Cup Finals a few seasons ago and has turned them into a barn fire.

Well I’m sure all of that will be considered when comps are discussed...,

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
It doesnt matter if Bergevin is a moron.
Ask the Edmonton GM.
Eichel would be on 8mil would he have been signed before McDavid.

Last edited:
Reactions: brian_griffin

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
I would be shocked if Sam isn't playing center next year.
It's looking that way. And he'll be getting the tough match-ups at home at least. They will need to put together a shutdown line with him in the middle - so who would his wingers be?

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
It's looking that way. And he'll be getting the tough match-ups at home at least. They will need to put together a shutdown line with him in the middle - so who would his wingers be?

God, no. RORs role will be replaced by a third line and Eichel taking more of those match ups.

Reinhart will play in the sheltered offensive line, alternating with Mittelstadt as to who is the better center.

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
I would be shocked if Sam isn't playing center next year.

They might try it but I don't think it will be a long experiment given how terribly he handled it as a 3C (in before linemates excuse as if ROR and Eichel didn't have crap wingers). They traded ROR for two players that can play center as well, so I don't think they like his chances either.

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
They might try it but I don't think it will be a long experiment given how terribly he handled it as a 3C (in before linemates excuse as if ROR and Eichel didn't have crap wingers). They traded ROR for two players that can play center as well, so I don't think they like his chances either.
What was terrible about it?

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
Well he would be our worst faceoff guy for starters (39.4%). His slow start as well was with him centering the 3rd line where he had like 4 ES points in his first 20 games.
Players can improve Faceoffs. Many players had slow starts last year.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Players can improve Faceoffs. Many players had slow starts last year.

He will never be above 45%. Even that is a major improvement.

It seems with RoR gone, Reinhart is being groomed as part of the center spine. That is what was envisioned from day 1 was Sam at center, not a winger.

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
He will never be above 45%. Even that is a major improvement.

It seems with RoR gone, Reinhart is being groomed as part of the center spine. That is what was envisioned from day 1 was Sam at center, not a winger.
No? I mean Berglund went from low 40's to mid 50's. O'Reilly went from low 50's to 60's. You can improve with work.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
The coaching staff needs to be talking to him now about preparing to go back to center if that's what they intend. But wouldn't be surprised to see them keep him at wing.

Last edited:

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
The coaching staff needs to be talking to him now about preparing to go back to center of that's what they intend. But wouldn't be surprised to see them keep him at wing.
We have a situation where both Mittelstadt and Reinhart and push each other over the center role, and we only need one to win out. 3rd line is set at center with both Sobotka and Berglund being wholly capable of that role, which helps the two above by being able to take some of the more defensive minutes, sheltering them.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Part of me just wants to put Reinhart in a position to succeed as a winger and have a good 82 game season. Especially since Eichel needs a good RW.
But on the other hand... If we gave him a real shot at 2C and he becomes that guy that we hoped he would we're back to the deep center spine we dreamt about before getting Eichel.
Probably not a good idea though, maybe we should just enjoy him for what he is, a likable guy that can play top 6 minutes on the wing?

dasaybz

da saybz
Aug 2, 2005
Part of me just wants to put Reinhart in a position to succeed as a winger and have a good 82 game season. Especially since Eichel needs a good RW.
But on the other hand... If we gave him a real shot at 2C and he becomes that guy that we hoped he would we're back to the deep center spine we dreamt about before getting Eichel.
Probably not a good idea though, maybe we should just enjoy him for what he is, a likable guy that can play top 6 minutes on the wing?
I think he's much more than that and they are wasting his creativity and hockey Sense on the wing. Some of his passes are ridiculous

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->