Player Discussion Sam Reinhart, Part II: The Contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Totally looking forward to wasting another half season jerking Reinhart around in role/usage...

Your cup runneth dry of hope and optimism? Surely the mourning period is near an end, and it's back to figuring out how to make this work.

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
Sure, but I think Mittelstadt has a better shot to excel and we only need one to pan out.
Maybe I'm blind but I think the exact opposite of Mitts and Reinhart right now. To me Mitts is a wing, reminds me of Kessel.

Reactions: DJN21

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
Maybe I'm blind but I think the exact opposite of Mitts and Reinhart right now. To me Mitts is a wing, reminds me of Kessel.
It's sounding like we'll see both. Other Reinhart fanbois other than Jame will at least admit they were dogging Housley for not giving Reinhart 'his chance', so now is the time to see it.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
Based on Botts' comments I'm starting to think they see Reinhart as a winger who can also play center.
So, do they get him some games in preseason at center to at least get some who time there? Spot him at center now and then?

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
We are going to need to acquire another top 6 winger if we are moving Reinhart to center. As of now, Reinhart is one of our best wingers.

I would like to see a 2/8 type bridge deal. Reinhart is never going to be a ppg player so I am not worried about him signing a bridge deal then exploding for a obscene amount of points. No. He will be the guy who gradually increases his point total until he tops off at ~55-60 points max. That won't cost more then 6 mil per especially if he's just a winger.

Reactions: sincerity0

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt
We are going to need to acquire another top 6 winger if we are moving Reinhart to center. As of now, Reinhart is one of our best wingers.

I would like to see a 2/8 type bridge deal. Reinhart is never going to be a ppg player so I am not worried about him signing a bridge deal then exploding for a obscene amount of points. No. He will be the guy who gradually increases his point total until he tops off at ~55-60 points max. That won't cost more then 6 mil per especially if he's just a winger.
He was a ppg player the last 40 games.

wnysupport

Jun 27, 2011
Either way they need some good news to come out - so lock him up for 6-7 years and be done with it.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
They might try it but I don't think it will be a long experiment given how terribly he handled it as a 3C (in before linemates excuse as if ROR and Eichel didn't have crap wingers). They traded ROR for two players that can play center as well, so I don't think they like his chances either.
If the 2 old guys they brought in were to fill ROR's spot at 2C then Botterill really failed at his job.

Reactions: brian_griffin

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Don't get hung up on line numbers. We can have our 3rd and 4th lines handle the defensive roles and the 1st and 2nd handle the offensive ones. Much like the co-captain era
That's fine but we shouldn't be painting Berglund or Sobotka as a 2C or we failed. Let them do the heavy lifting on the 3rd and 4th lines. The poster I was referring to was hinting they hired 2 centers because they don't like Reinhart's chances at center.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
That's fine but we shouldn't be painting Berglund or Sobotka as a 2C or we failed. Let them do the heavy lifting on the 3rd and 4th lines. The poster I was referring to was hinting they hired 2 centers because they don't like Reinhart's chances at center.

Other than Jack as the top offensive center I'm not painting anyone anywhere. It could go in so many different directions after that.

And I disagree with the poster saying they were brought in to specifically to prevent Sam from playing center.

Reactions: brian_griffin

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Other than Jack as the top offensive center I'm not painting anyone anywhere. It could go in so many different directions after that.

And I disagree with the poster saying they were brought in to specifically to prevent Sam from playing center.

I think that Berglund was brought in to help take a lot of the faceoffs that O'Reilly took here.

Sobotka can do that, as well.

Without those two guys, the Sabres would get caved in at the dot.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
I think that Berglund was brought in to help take a lot of the faceoffs that O'Reilly took here.

Sobotka can do that, as well.

Without those two guys, the Sabres would get caved in at the dot.

I'm not sure why you think I would disagree with that.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
True. I see more off the puck tenacity in Mitts though, particularly in the defensive zone.

Casey reminds me of a dog play group who has decided that the ball is his. The ball in this case is the puck.

That said he has an advantage in foot speed over Sam. Sam does make plays to regain possession but he has a little bit limited compared to Casey in a foot race.

Reactions: joshjull
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->