Player Discussion Sam Reinhart: IV - New contract! 2 years, $3.65m AAV

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
So, in your first sentence you take issue with him mentioning that both sides say outlandish things, and in your last sentence you admit that at least one pro-Reinhart person goes off the deep end sometimes. How about we just skip the meta-discussion altogether?

Was it that complicated to follow?

1972’s comment implicitly defends icypoos right to be an idiot and not be noted, cuz both sides blah. I’m saying, if both sides are doing so, the right thing is to comment on them as they come.

I name dropped alladyn simply because he is the most likely person to be targeted in said conversation.

Tho the canyon of reasonable comments between alladyn and icicle is so enormous as to make any comparison intellectually dishonest.

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
6 x 5.0 . Fair deal for all involved.

Reinhart doesnt deserve any more then 5 mil. Doesnt play two way hockey, produces at a Tyler Ennis esque pace offensively, doesnt take face offs, is not a center anymore and doesnt PK. He doesnt elevate teammates. He doesnt create offense on his own. He is a mediocre skater.

What he does do well is only worth 5 mil long term. Hes a good 2nd line winger. Not our best one either that is now clearly Skinner.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida

Reinhart doesnt deserve any more then 5 mil. Doesnt play two way hockey, produces at a Tyler Ennis esque pace offensively, doesnt take face offs, is not a center anymore and doesnt PK. He doesnt elevate teammates. He doesnt create offense on his own. He is a mediocre skater.

What he does do well is only worth 5 mil long term. Hes a good 2nd line winger. Not our best one either that is now clearly Skinner.

How is 5.0 fair for 6 years... when Drouin got 5.0 for 6 years over a year ago with the same 3 year numbers...

The bolded is demonstrably wrong... it's no different than you saying Berglund has scored 17 goals every year of his career...

5.0 is fair in a bridge deal, if it allows for a high QO
or in a 4 year deal that allows for early Free Agency

Reactions: Freeeeedom

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic

How to show you have not watched a Sabres game in 3 years.

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
It’s not really selfish, unfortunately hockey is a buisness and agents are going to try and get the best deal they can for their clients. Gone are the days of loyalty to an organization.
I'm not sure those days ever existed, it's just that back in the day they didn't have free agency.

I think the bigger takeaway here is that we can call players "pricks" without mod intervention. This is HUGE.
Personal attacks are only disallowed against other posters. When it comes to players, coaches, officials, etc they're fair game.

Reactions: sabrebuild

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada

This is a flat out ridiculous take.

Reactions: ZZamboni

flashsabre

Apr 5, 2003
Visit site
I am starting to be convinced that some people's entire philosophy on hockey is "the faster skaters are the best players".

I think anyone thinking Reinhart signs long term for $5 million per are going to be upset.

If rumors are that Nylander wants $8 million then let the Leafs sort that mess out.

When he does sign I hope they try him with Sheary and Mittelstadt. Reinhart can play with anyone and make any line better. I can se him and Mitts having great chemistry and help balance out the top 6:

Skinner Eichel Okposo
Sheary Mitts Reinhart

OkimLom

May 3, 2010

Bold #1: For what I believe Botts feel about Reinhart: 3 x 5.0 for a "prove it" contract.

Bold #2: I question if you actually know what two-way hockey looks like. This is ridiculously false.

Bold #3: That's not up to Sam, that's up to the coach, so not sure why this is a knock against him.

Underline #1: Not sure you have watched hockey the past 3 years.

Bold #4: He's a pretty average skater.

Reactions: ZZamboni

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Bold #1: For what I believe Botts feel about Reinhart: 3 x 5.0 for a "prove it" contract.

Bold #2: I question if you actually know what two-way hockey looks like. This is ridiculously false.

Bold #3: That's not up to Sam, that's up to the coach, so not sure why this is a knock against him.

Underline #1: Not sure you have watched hockey the past 3 years.

Bold #4: He's a pretty average skater.

The mythology of Sam Reinhart lives. He's a mysterious forward who only scores on Eichel tip ins.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
The mythology of Sam Reinhart lives. He's a mysterious forward who only scores on Eichel tip ins.

Even if that was the case, I'd still be okay with that. But's that's not the case. But I do find it funny, that there's a section of the fanbase that only cares about offense, and you win games by scoring goals, and why should we care about a guy like Skinner not being defensively responsible, he scores goals. Then you bring up points of why defense is important and a factor in creating offense for said player, and they ignore that. Then you bring up Reinhart, and all of a sudden, now they care about HOW goals are scored. And they belittle Reinhart scoring his goals, because they are tip-ins and less than 10 feet away from the net. It's really amazing.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Do you leave the Reinhart FatHead on your wall, or try to wear it as you go around town? :laugh: (I mean that with endearment as a fellow fan)

Now when you say FatHead, do you mean when he looks into the Mirror? I'm going with this idea that Aladyyn is Reinhart just because it's funny.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
He may be Reinhart, and still be so vain as to have and wear his own FatHead.

I knew there was something I didn't like about the guy...I mean he forces Eichel to ride around with him on a bike because he can't do all the work, then he takes his spot on Biznasty's serious documentary and makes a joke out of it, and now he's a greedy selfish prick asking for more money. Quite honestly, he doesn't represent Canadians very well IMO. Sounds like he's your typical American.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad