Player Discussion Sam Reinhart: IV - New contract! 2 years, $3.65m AAV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreakon13

Jun 28, 2010
Mighty Taco, NY
While I don't think either side is being particularly greedy (probably just looking out for their own best interests; it's a business afterall)... one side is eventually going to budge and it would've been nice if that could've been done before camp.

Last edited:

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
Why would he care if he is in camp anyway??? He sucks, is slow, only scores on tip ins and can’t cleanly get out of the zone.

Tell us true, do you just post these outlandish things to get Alladyn’s attention? There’s easier ways to get people to respond than looking bizarrely petty.

There’s been many outlandish things said on both sides of the coin with Sam on this board.

krt88nc

Oct 7, 2017
Fayetteville, NC
Reinhart is holding out during a tumultuous off-season. What a selfish prick. If we wants big money maybe he should show up for a full season first.

This is an idiotic comment.

Why should he settle for x when he feels he should get y? Would you? Someone is gonna pay him $5m +, so why not get more for an extra year to protect yourself.

The deal will get done!

Reactions: 1point21Gigawatts

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future
I love this argument that all first-fifth overalls across the years have the same skillset. It's such a bs point of view. Reinhart's draft year was not a deep draft year and the top talent was never as high as the following few drafts.
That said, it's true that Reinhart had a slow start last season, but when he turned it on in January, he was easily in the top 3 talent on the team. I would argue he was number 1 on most nights.

but sure, he is selfish and doesn't deserve any money and should just be happy that the sabres are still planning on keeping him. what an underachieving bum.

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
I'm worried because I want this team to do well and one of our best players is missing camp time. Then again, our GM doesn't seem too bothered about doing well this season so there's the rift.

Eh, he's been training and skating with everyone, I don't think it'll hurt him.

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
There’s been many outlandish things said on both sides of the coin with Sam on this board.

Puhleaze, spare me the faux two sides of the argument.

All that does is excuse nonsense. When someone says something as nonsensical as player x is selfish for negotiating a contract, with zero knowledge of what is happening in the talks, we don’t need to think about other nonsense and throw our hands in the world.

Next time Alladyn goes off the deep end I’ll be happy to note that as well.

Montag DP

Sabres fan in...
Apr 4, 2007
...Maryland
Puhleaze, spare me the faux two sides of the argument.

All that does is excuse nonsense. When someone says something as nonsensical as player x is selfish for negotiating a contract, with zero knowledge of what is happening in the talks, we don’t need to think about other nonsense and throw our hands in the world.

Next time Alladyn goes off the deep end I’ll be happy to note that as well.
So, in your first sentence you take issue with him mentioning that both sides say outlandish things, and in your last sentence you admit that at least one pro-Reinhart person goes off the deep end sometimes. How about we just skip the meta-discussion altogether?

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
It’s not really selfish, unfortunately hockey is a buisness and agents are going to try and get the best deal they can for their clients. Gone are the days of loyalty to an organization.
Just a reflection were or society is heading

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Please quote some of my "off the deep end" posts and compare before saying "both sides are the same" or something to that effect. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad